Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465255 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57780 on: January 30, 2013, 04:16:08 am »

Well if you actually are unnaturally depressive, she's probably right.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57781 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:27 am »

Never heard of sniper eyes, but I've been told that I have a constant 'intensely angry and focused glare', even when I think I look perfectly calm. (I think it's because I blink about once per minute and constantly focus on what I'm looking at. I dislike the middle distance.)

It's okay, MSH. You're not a monster. You're just too rad for some people's eyes to handle.

Without getting cancer. Ba-dum-tsh!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57782 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:56 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:02:07 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57783 on: January 30, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »

You know what you should do? Make a website where people can see daily updates to their case-files. Make it so it's account based, so they can only see their own case. Make each update a summary of each day, consisting of a brief of what happened, how many changes, and the approximate hours it took to do so, and how it might affect the case. Also, weekly summaries, just to drive the point home.

And every time you contact them, put a note in saying "You can see your update at (URL), using (ACCOUNT and PASSWORD) to see your own case," to every note, e-mail, phone call, and mail you send them.

Bash them over the head with it, leave a paper trail, and if they say "You never keep me updated!" or "You didn't do anything, so I'm not paying you!" you have a rather good paper-trail there, to prove you were keeping them updated, at no cost to them (How hard is it to look at a website once a day? Or even once a week?), and they did not.

Of course, I have no idea of the expense or time investment involved in this. But I always liked the "MORE DAKKA" approach to dealing with stupid people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57784 on: January 30, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »

You know what you should do? Make a website where people can see daily updates to their case-files. Make it so it's account based, so they can only see their own case. Make each update a summary of each day, consisting of a brief of what happened, how many changes, and the approximate hours it took to do so, and how it might affect the case. Also, weekly summaries, just to drive the point home.

And every time you contact them, put a note in saying "You can see your update at (URL), using (ACCOUNT and PASSWORD) to see your own case," to every note, e-mail, phone call, and mail you send them.

Bash them over the head with it, leave a paper trail, and if they say "You never keep me updated!" or "You didn't do anything, so I'm not paying you!" you have a rather good paper-trail there, to prove you were keeping them updated, at no cost to them (How hard is it to look at a website once a day? Or even once a week?), and they did not.

Of course, I have no idea of the expense or time investment involved in this. But I always liked the "MORE DAKKA" approach to dealing with stupid people.
While I'm not a lawyer, that sounds like a good idea.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57785 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

Time intensive though - sounds like a good job for an intern!
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57786 on: January 30, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »

It probably isn't legal. Truean has mentioned before the code of "ethics" that lawyers are required to abide by, which would probably include electronically publishing case data.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57787 on: January 30, 2013, 10:07:24 pm »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:01:26 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57788 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:58 pm »

Was browsing TVTropes today. Found the Nuzlocke page by accident. Started reading the comics.

Ohgodthefeels ;____;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #57789 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:41 pm »

Working on a program I'm making, and pressed either Save or Build. :x
My mother was cleaning, and she accidentally tapped the power plug lightly. But my computer's plug is really sensitive, and it lost contact with the computer and shut it off mercilessly.

When I rebooted, and opened up the cpp file... it was wiped. D: To a string of binary zeroes. None of it remained. Everything I did over the last couple of days was gone just like that. I lost all of the color arithmetics, and functions that did various pixel stuff, and variables that did stuff.
I was hoping to finish the terrain drawing code today, and start working on more modelling-related stuff, but it became all undone. At least I had the presence of mind to register the file to a version control system two days before. I lost only two day's work instead of a week's that way. Tortoise HG + mecurial had a copy of the file from the day before yesterday, so there it is.

Dx
I don't have enough time even now, but it's all gooone~ Around 5 or 6 hours of work ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57790 on: January 30, 2013, 11:57:06 pm »

Never heard of sniper eyes, but I've been told that I have a constant 'intensely angry and focused glare', even when I think I look perfectly calm. (I think it's because I blink about once per minute and constantly focus on what I'm looking at. I dislike the middle distance.)

It's okay, MSH. You're not a monster. You're just too rad for some people's eyes to handle.

Without getting cancer. Ba-dum-tsh!

I get that, in terms of "Why do you always look angry?"

Because in this day and age a neutral facial expression is equivalent to intense, seething hatred, is it not?

:|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57791 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »

That is the impression I get from people's comments. If I have a neutral expression, they start asking me what's wrong, or if I'm mad at them.
And usually they're right. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57792 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:47 am »

That is the impression I get from people's comments. If I have a neutral expression, they start asking me what's wrong, or if I'm mad at them.
Oh hey Hans, how'd the prison thing turn out?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57793 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:05 am »

Oh hey Hans, how'd the prison thing turn out?

They apparently didn't notice I missed a class. Although, the only person I'm currently romantically interested in went to prison. So. It was good but not good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57794 on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:26 am »

He didn't go to prison, because of them fucking up on their file (That part I'm not sure of?) on him, his friend whom he was romantically interested in did though. So good news, bad news kind of deal.

(Maybe. I'm working off memory, I haven't updated my notes on Hans this week.)

HAH, bam! Got it in one.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 ... 8167