Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465265 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56805 on: December 20, 2012, 04:04:49 pm »

I am a lonely nerd without any other nerds to talk to on a regular basis outside of the internet, because apparently in order to talk to nerds offline I have to go to college and deal with every non-nerd picking on me because of my disabilities and eccentricities. Fuck Generation Y.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56806 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:38 pm »

I know that problem. The solution is- actually, I don;t have a solution. Except bullying. Being 6 feet tall and Very strong scares off most of them, and the rest run when they realize my words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS FISTS.

There are only 7 ways to deal with bullying. http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-time-tested-ways-to-deal-with-bullies/
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56807 on: December 20, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »

My sad: I am sad at missing the big dramasplosion in the Sad Thread. I am also sad to see so many members of my preferred intellectual internet community convinced humans are somehow more than animals. D:
What makes me sad is to see people saying that somehow they are not.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56808 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:18 pm »

My sad: I am sad at missing the big dramasplosion in the Sad Thread. I am also sad to see so many members of my preferred intellectual internet community convinced humans are somehow more than animals. D:
What makes me sad is to see people saying that somehow they are not.
What makes me sad is to see people not understanding that people think differently on just about everything, and that it doesn't make them better or worse than their fellow forumite.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #56809 on: December 20, 2012, 05:28:55 pm »

I'm sad about people making dumb passive aggressive sads.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56810 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:32 pm »

I'm sad (not really) that people actually care about that. :/

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56811 on: December 20, 2012, 05:33:14 pm »

Well, it DOES sadden me when people thing prowess in one area means someone deserves respect in other areas (possibly all other areas). The smartest person in the world deserves respect for their intelligence, but if they're a jerkass, they don't deserve any respect for how they present themselves. Best painter deserves respect in the painting world, but if they're a racist or something, then they don't deserve respect when it comes to their view on human rights. Etc.

There isn't a singular "overall value" variable in which to judge people or things. There are infinite variables that should be judged individually, if judged at all.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56812 on: December 20, 2012, 05:36:56 pm »

My biggest problem to people who say everyone is right is that it gives credence to theories that are clearly wrong. It also gives a mandate of legitamacy to any damn conspiracy theorist who shows up, that people believe in.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #56813 on: December 20, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

Well, it DOES sadden me when people thing prowess in one area means someone deserves respect in other areas (possibly all other areas). The smartest person in the world deserves respect for their intelligence, but if they're a jerkass, they don't deserve any respect for how they present themselves. Best painter deserves respect in the painting world, but if they're a racist or something, then they don't deserve respect when it comes to their view on human rights. Etc.

There isn't a singular "overall value" variable in which to judge people or things. There are infinite variables that should be judged individually, if judged at all.

You sound like someone who thinks there are to many languages, and will therefore create another one to solve that problem :P.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56814 on: December 20, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »

My biggest problem to people who say everyone is right is that it gives credence to theories that are clearly wrong. It also gives a mandate of legitamacy to any damn conspiracy theorist who shows up, that people believe in.
Such is necessary though, or we'd never question what we believe to be right, and thus never find out when we're wrong.

Stagnant and muddled is the mind that thinks it knows anything for absolute certain, and not just mostly.

You sound like someone who thinks there are to many languages, and will therefore create another one to solve that problem :P.
One language to rule them all!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56815 on: December 20, 2012, 06:02:30 pm »

I'm sad that I'm about to close the Morality of Killing thread because nobody wants to play nice. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56816 on: December 20, 2012, 06:05:30 pm »

Kai, that's not what he said at all.

"Give an idea a fair shake." Doesn't equal "Every idea is right."

Silly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56817 on: December 20, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »

I'm sad that I'm about to close the Morality of Killing thread because nobody wants to play nice. :/
That wasn't particularly surprisign though. I mean, I know it's bay12, but bringing up morality is not a good thing. People disagree, disagreements get hot, and it escalates.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56818 on: December 20, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

@Descan

I'm not sure anyone has ever said "every idea is right." Unless he's talking about subjective things, like which movie is "best," in which case of course every idea is right :P Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not out in the world.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56819 on: December 20, 2012, 06:07:44 pm »

Yes, I really just wanted it out of this thread. But it saddens me that it devolved so quickly. I gave my last warning, it won't be too great a loss to close the thread. I would prefer we all found a way to work it out though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 ... 8167