Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474044 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52260 on: September 16, 2012, 09:55:03 pm »

There's a lot more at work here... Such as history. Namely the (Second) Sino-Japanese War. There's a lot of bad blood, and it's not completely ridiculous that it exists. The fact that Chinese are turning on Chinese because of what they own is the real fucked up thing here. Protesting and demonstration is one thing, violence and destruction of hard-earned private property completely another.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52261 on: September 16, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

Ugh. External hard drive just died. Haven't backed it up in months, and that wasn't a complete backup since there wasn't enough room on any other storage device for the whole thing. I guess I've still got most of the essentials, but I've lost pretty much all the images I've ever downloaded or edited. That hurts. Right now, the Homestuck collection that's gone is the most obvious thing, but there's going to be a lot of stuff I put hours into that there's a good chance I'll never see again.

So far, it looks like the boot sector is so corrupt that the recovery utilities I've tried can't actually mount it. Gonna have to wait for a replacement before I can try anything else I can think of. I'm probably hosed. This is just out of my league and I can't afford to pay somebody to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:00:18 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52262 on: September 16, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »

Because of Japan nationalising three of the chain in, like, the last week.

I -just said that-.
I know that it's about the islands. I just don't understand why they're bringing it up instead of having done so in the past, and Loud Whispers helpfully answered.

Guess I should just stay out of these super serious discussions for super serious forumgoers.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52263 on: September 16, 2012, 10:15:56 pm »

SUPER SERIOUS SENPAI, GO GO GAIJIN

whatthefuckdidisaythere

whatisthis
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52264 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »

SUPER SERIOUS SENPAI, GO GO GAIJIN

whatthefuckdidisaythere

whatisthis
You okay, Descan?  ???
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52265 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »

NO!

Apparently I'm -serious-?!

WHAT IS THIS
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52266 on: September 16, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS. PERHAPS BINARY WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52267 on: September 16, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »

Don't make me tickle you. That will get rid of the seriousness.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52268 on: September 16, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

PLEASE DO, I BEG YOU

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52269 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »

Computer guys:

How fucked am I if something I'm trying to use to scan my broken hard drive is displaying hundreds of errors composed of pairs of  "end_request: critical target error, dev sda, sector XXXXX" and "Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block XXXX"?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #52270 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »

Why is this such a big deal to your average Chinese person? Is it really riot worthy?

May i cite the effectiveness of dumb propaganda.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #52271 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:07 pm »

oh, some people think that there might be oil underneath the islands

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52272 on: September 16, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »

Just feeling like a whiny bitch at the moment. Bleh. Some days I wish I could sleep through completely.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52273 on: September 16, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »

Just feeling like a whiny bitch at the moment. Bleh. Some days I wish I could sleep through completely.
I feel the opposite way - sleep steals time :d

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52274 on: September 16, 2012, 10:56:19 pm »

"Whine" all you want. It isn't whining. It's legitimate sads and I hope you're not bottling them up :(
Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 8167