Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3430 3431 [3432] 3433 3434 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466062 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51465 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55:23 pm »

I only suggested Mumble since it's open source and free, unlike Teamsqueak/Vent/Skype/etc.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51466 on: September 10, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »

I've had bad experiences with Teamspeak, Vent is what I've used for a lot of things but it does cost money, Skype I've only used for 3 way calls max, and Mumble I've never heard of before. Maybe it's the stupid optimism that people feel about the future, but I have a good feeling about Mumble! (Good feelings aren't worth anything. Especially not from me)
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51467 on: September 10, 2012, 09:04:39 pm »

What could go wrong?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51468 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:58 pm »

We all die horrible painful deaths. I don't know how that'd happen, but it's still a possibility.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51469 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

We all die horrible painful deaths. I don't know how that'd happen, but it's still a possibility.

your computers all simultaniously overload, and explode, spraying you with burning sharapnel.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51470 on: September 10, 2012, 09:13:49 pm »

brb setting up mumble server.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51471 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:13 pm »

Talking to other people? Is that not what IRC is for? I know there are absolute tons of Bay12 based IRC channels around. I got five open right now. (Although admittedly two of them are pretty much dead and another is on the way out.)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51472 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:50 pm »

Talking to other people? Is that not what IRC is for? I know there are absolute tons of Bay12 based IRC channels around. I got five open right now. (Although admittedly two of them are pretty much dead and another is on the way out.)

I'm too young for IRC. I've never known its joys and I can never hop in the conversation. I'd rather hang out silently/awkwardly in a newfangled voice chat room.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51473 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »

Too young? You are older then me.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51474 on: September 10, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »

I have never used IRC nor do I have any idea how to. It would be cool to use though. Halp?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51475 on: September 10, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

IRC is pretty much your standard chat room. Just oldschool.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51476 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »

I remember the family friend I had a crush on when I was like 6 used to spend all her time in old-school chat rooms. I never got used to them. Too much dungeon keeping, not enough dungeon mastering to get into the real internet culture.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51477 on: September 10, 2012, 09:33:56 pm »

And on another note, I'm pretty damn sure all these voice chat services allow text chat as well. So no excuses! (except being deaf)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51478 on: September 10, 2012, 09:40:45 pm »

I have never used IRC nor do I have any idea how to. It would be cool to use though. Halp?

First step is finding one you want to go too. There is a unofficial dwaff forts one. I don't hang out there because I am not really a big fan of dwarf fortress, but it might be a good place to start.

Then you need a client to connect to it. If you have fire fox I would suggest chatzilla. If not... I guess ice chat is popular? If you don't want to download anything I know freenode has a browser based client.

Here is a list of the dwarf forts IRC channels and a bit of help connecting. Maybe important to note is that the part that says 'Official Bay12Games IRC channel' is a lie. There is nothing official about these, but whatever.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51479 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »

brb setting up mumble server.
Gonna be a sec. Fucking port forwarding.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3430 3431 [3432] 3433 3434 ... 8167