Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3429 3430 [3431] 3432 3433 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466032 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51450 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:43 pm »

Skype can do that, and if we have a server (or two) we could have it up permanently. And it doesn't have a maximum (so far as I've found)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51451 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:56 pm »

Mumble would work if someone can set up a server.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51452 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »

Mumble would work if someone can set up a server.

AND it suits introverts perfectly! These all seem like good ideas to me, does anyone have experience with the different options and know what's the best?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51453 on: September 10, 2012, 07:12:28 pm »

Skype is free, doesn't have any problems, allows IMing as well. Not sure about the other two.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51454 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:53 pm »

It also has ads and was annoying last time I tried a group conference with it. Wouldn't allow video streaming without a premium license or somesuch silliness.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51455 on: September 10, 2012, 07:15:02 pm »

I've never required video streaming, so I can't comment on that, but I know that you can do it one-on-one without any problems.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51456 on: September 10, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »

On an unrelated note, I suddenly am very bored and slightly depressed. I have no idea why. :/ I think it relates to me wanting someone to text or call me so I can stop thinking about how few meatspace friends I have. Then I think I should text/call someone and I'm like, "No, I don't want to make someone talk to me, I want someone to want to talk to me."
But that's fallacious thinking, and I know it, but I can't get past it right now. Urgh. I keep trying to play Medieval Total War 2 to distract myself, but it isn't working because I get bored with it within moments. Sigh.
Have Skype and a microphone, Mr Hans?

Not quite meatspace but hey :P

I have neither Skype nor a microphone. :/ Unfortunately.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51457 on: September 10, 2012, 07:26:08 pm »

So it seems we're waiting on a Mumble server host then...

Hans, you must buy one of those cheap 15 dollar mics so you can finally transcend meatspace to the higher, more civilized, and if I do say more fashionable state of existence.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51458 on: September 10, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »

Walmart has cheapie headsets for like, 5 bucks. So far I've bought 2 from them, and the first lasted 2 years of being stepped on before finally breaking. This other one's on the way out, but still, two years.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51459 on: September 10, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »

Hey what about Pesterchum? It's got a feature for more than two people to chat at a time. Plus, Homestuck reference.

... That reminds me, I'm kind of sad that I've got to do an archive binge for Homestuck. Which is weird because I loved that first, gigantic archive binge roughly eight or so months ago.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51460 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »

Well, I do have the money for a headset. I'll have to get one tomorrow while I'm in town. I also need an MP3 player pretty desperately, the whole 'not having music' thing frakking sucks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51461 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »

I've never used a headset. The family gets really irritated if I make any sort of noise while playing a game (even gasping in shock or fear, purely instinctive reactions), so chatting is out entirely.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51462 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »

Like I said: Pesterchum.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51463 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

Did we ever make a decision, or does one of us have to be proactive?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51464 on: September 10, 2012, 08:53:48 pm »

Did we ever make a decision, or does one of us have to be proactive?

Eh, I'll be proactive tomorrow.

And Mumble sounded like what Kaijyuu was leaning toward, so I'll lean with Kaijyuu too. Maybe we should make a new thread with a poll or something? Nose game!

*Touches nose*
Pages: 1 ... 3429 3430 [3431] 3432 3433 ... 8167