Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3063 3064 [3065] 3066 3067 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449071 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45960 on: April 23, 2012, 12:29:24 pm »

This is one of the most awesome things ever. 

Valve's Employee Handbook

It makes me sad because I'm not a part of it.

Valve's Employee Handbook is comparable to this.
Do want to work there.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45961 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »

I'm seeing sparkles in my eyes (does anyone else get this? I have no idea what's up)
Depending on the form they take, it could either be pressure on your visual center or optic nerve, or it could just be you noticing the white blood cells swimming in the vessels covering the eye.

If it goes through the center of your field of vision, though, it's definitely the first, as your blood doesn't extend to the lens.

There's actually a lot else it could be too, but those seem to be the two most common.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45962 on: April 23, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

This is one of the most awesome things ever. 

Valve's Employee Handbook

It makes me sad because I'm not a part of it.

Valve's Employee Handbook is comparable to this.
It's comparable to an empty link?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45963 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:44 pm »

Google has started to cull more search results. God damned copyright law.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45964 on: April 23, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »

I'm seeing sparkles in my eyes (does anyone else get this? I have no idea what's up)
Depending on the form they take, it could either be pressure on your visual center or optic nerve, or it could just be you noticing the white blood cells swimming in the vessels covering the eye.

If it goes through the center of your field of vision, though, it's definitely the first, as your blood doesn't extend to the lens.

There's actually a lot else it could be too, but those seem to be the two most common.

Yeah, they're in the middle of my eye. Just like thin, straight, horizontal prisms in my vision. Probably the pressure on the optic nerve or whathaveyou from being so angry maybe.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45965 on: April 23, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »

Something was spilled on my computer, giving some corroboration to secretary's story that my computer was "smoking," when I was not there but Clerk was.... [sigh]. I do not currently have time to deal with Clerk....
get a cat, and pet it until it's fur falls off, then you'll be happy.

the cat, not so much.

I have a cat and I prefer her furry. Also no, I shall not be happy. Upon closer examination the following is known:

a.) An entire bottle of liquor is missing from my office stash (I keep meticulous records);
b.) though someone may have attempted to clean it up, there are still small pieces of broken glass around;
c.) my computer is thoroughly shot and will not so much as turn on;
d.) though most of it has been wiped off there is still some film on the computer case, because spoiled rich people don't know how to clean....
e.) Finally, there is a faint blood booze stain upon floor....

Looking at the poor desecrated remains of both my Office Computer and what little remains of my shattered Booze bottle I can only deduce that it was a forbidden triangular lover's quarrel between Booze and Computer--my two great comforts and professional aides, and Clerk. Clerk happened upon Computer and Booze locked in a lover's embrace. For, Clerk also coveted Booze and in her jealousy and rage sought to separate Booze and Computer. Computer would not let Clerk have Booze and in the struggle Booze's form shattered over Computer who in shock and horror at seeing Booze dead sought to suicidally join in Booze's fate.... Clerk sought to cover her crime, but was too god damn lazy to clean it up properly and so did a crappy job (per usual). Thus was there a close to the forbidden lover's triangle in  murder, suicide, and coverup.

Or the bitch just got into my booze again and dropped it on the computer....

Either way She will be buying me a new bottle of booze at the very least.... If she is not fired for this, then we know for an absolute fact it is because boss is praying her rich dad is going to buy the practice so he can retire.... [sigh]. So now we have not just incompetence, but drunken incompetence....

New computer won't be here for at least a week.... That'll make my job sooooo much easier...  ::)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:58:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45966 on: April 23, 2012, 03:48:37 pm »

I get uncontrollable shaking and anxiety when I play fast-paced online games.  It's one of the main reasons I can't really play TF2 or like CoD or anything.

I have Starcraft II but I've only played with people I know.  That would probably happen too.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45967 on: April 23, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »

Whoo, another dance social over the weekend!

And they play only songs for dances I don't know for the first two hours and play the one dance I know once near the end, where I'm so demotivated I just don't give a shit. Then it rains so I have to walk ten blocks home in my good suit in that and a cab splashes me from across the street with NYC streetwater. Some antifreeze or something gets in my eye and I'm blinded for the next day. Nobody notices. I spend the day after that in bed 'till 5. Nobody notices.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45968 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »

Yeah it freakin' poured this weekend.  The temperature dropped by 20 degrees F.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45969 on: April 23, 2012, 03:55:21 pm »

I get uncontrollable shaking and anxiety when I play fast-paced online games.  It's one of the main reasons I can't really play TF2 or like CoD or anything.

This happens to me also. Though to a lesser extent since I've gotten used to it.

My sad: I don't think anybody here is still working on their script for script frenzy.  Meaning that pretty much everybody quit.  :'(

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45970 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:29 pm »

Whoo, another dance social over the weekend!

And they play only songs for dances I don't know for the first two hours and play the one dance I know once near the end, where I'm so demotivated I just don't give a shit. Then it rains so I have to walk ten blocks home in my good suit in that and a cab splashes me from across the street with NYC streetwater. Some antifreeze or something gets in my eye and I'm blinded for the next day. Nobody notices. I spend the day after that in bed 'till 5. Nobody notices.

Next week, if they keep playing such music, you should ask a pretty girl to teach you those dances. Or just go punk and do the Pogo. No excuses!
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45971 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:51 pm »

What does it matter if you know the song or not? Just dance to it! Most dances are pretty versatile, I don't think I've ever seen dances built for specific songs, though there are dances that are more or less appropriate.

Maybe I'm just jealous of the idea of dance socials. I fucking love dancing. :/

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45972 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »

My sad: I don't think anybody here is still working on their script for script frenzy.  Meaning that pretty much everybody quit.  :'(
You are the last amphibian standing. That means you won. Do not despair.

Yannanth

« Reply #45973 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:44:50 pm by Yannanth »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45974 on: April 23, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »

I got a text message from twitter in class today, and my phone wasn't on silent for some reason (I know it was the whole rest of the day :( )

I feel like a horrible student for some reason. I hate messing up on stupid stuff during school.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 3063 3064 [3065] 3066 3067 ... 8167