Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428790 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42135 on: January 17, 2012, 11:15:13 am »

The part at the end speaks to a poor-me attitude I've seen way too many times.  Rage at this one person--sure.  I seriously don't give a fuck, because she really treated him badly.  And similarly, I'd be understanding about the "hate all humanity" thing, because that's an unconsidered emotional response.  "People are bad!  Everything is bad!  I'm shutting down until it all goes away!"

"I hate women in all situations in all reasons because one treated me badly, and the best course of action anyone can take is one of absolute self-interest" really screws with me, partially because it felt like he was doing the "escaping to the internet that is only male to talk about his wimmen problemz" thing.  And furthermore, it's reasoned.  Shallowly reasoned, but a dramatic "woe is me, now I must hate all women and avenge myself" thingus.  Fits well with calling the situation a tragedy from the outset.  Tragedy is a word for other people; when you use it, it just makes you look whiny, insufficiently reflective, and melodramatic.

There's so many underlying assumptions that he's making, that he has to make to talk in this way to these people at this time.  There's so many different ways to write that post, that wouldn't feel quite so alienating and worrisome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42136 on: January 17, 2012, 11:16:11 am »

I guess I can understand that. Thanks for the explanation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42137 on: January 17, 2012, 11:17:08 am »

Sorry, there's more to it, but I'm late to class.  Felt I should just get that much out there, at least.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42138 on: January 17, 2012, 11:20:32 am »

Doctor prescribed a strong antiviral for my eye. Makes sense.

It cost $120.

With insurance?

Yeah. My insurance is not that great, and this particular drug doesn't seem to be prescribed that often. The only pharmacy in the city that had it in stock was WalMart, which tends to be more expensive for some reason.

Yeah, that's a bit steep.  My narcolepsy meds are $60 a month after insurance, and I'll likely be taking them for many years to come.  I think they're like $8 or $9 per pill without insurance, though.  Considering the only real alternative my doc has suggested is the prescription form of a date-rape drug that costs 2K per month ... $60 doesn't sound that bad. 

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42139 on: January 17, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

Mass Effect 3 isn't going to be released on Steam. It'll be on Origin.
No f**king way I'm going to install additional bloatware on my low-capacity, old PC.
What specs do you need to play Mass Effect anyhow?
It's less 'not being able to play it', and more 'hard drive space is dangerously low for 2012 standards'.

Sucks having to juggle data in a hard drive with only 10GB, more or less, remaining.

Not to mention having to install something that you'll never use after you're done with a certain program, and forgetting to uninstall it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42140 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:15 am »

... 10 gigs is 5x the amount I've normally got free, on both my hard drives combined. You're doing pretty good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42141 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:23 am »

Stuff. Why is it so hard to do. Why am I so fucked up and why is it so hard to change.

I have no strength for anything today. Everything sucks.
Love, scriver~

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42142 on: January 17, 2012, 12:53:38 pm »

Well, this is gonna be.... admittedly tangential to the point of this thread, but it fits better here than anywhere else: Is there any way to send someone money over the internet? Tricky bit being: Without knowing their credit card info/address.
Got a friend in something of a mess, and while I have the cash to spare... Their parents won't let them give that kinda thing out to people over the internet(understandable I'll admit). Since I know of no other way to get it to them... I'm just feeling rather useless at the moment.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42143 on: January 17, 2012, 12:56:48 pm »

Well, this is gonna be.... admittedly tangential to the point of this thread, but it fits better here than anywhere else: Is there any way to send someone money over the internet? Tricky bit being: Without knowing their credit card info/address.
Got a friend in something of a mess, and while I have the cash to spare... Their parents won't let them give that kinda thing out to people over the internet(understandable I'll admit). Since I know of no other way to get it to them... I'm just feeling rather useless at the moment.

Western Union or Paypal?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42144 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:05 pm »

I'm trying to get an industrial warehouse turned into a homeless shelter. The city is not cooperating.... I had a much longer, more detailed post on topic, but I seem to have lost it in a reload of this page or something. Feh.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #42145 on: January 17, 2012, 02:10:05 pm »

Just want to say it's very cool of you to send money to someone you only know over the internet.

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #42146 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »

it makes me sad that people give money to the poor all over the world and super markets trow away 1000s of tons of food every day..
if we only would share our food with the rest there would all most be no world hunger

and the GMO people would not say that they can help world hunger with GMO, to find suport for GMO..
(GMO=genetically modified food)
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42147 on: January 17, 2012, 06:05:56 pm »

Man, I'm sad because I met with my MRS Counselor today to help me look for a job. You'd think that'd make me happy, but dealing with sane people again makes me realize what a stupid, lazy fuck I am.

"So you want to look for work in the Saginaw, Bay City, and Reese area?"
"Not Reese, I hate everyone there."

And I just blurted that out. How stupid is that? but I do, I hate everyone in Reese. I probably sound like some sort of crazy person, but I'm afraid to go outside just because I might run into people I knew from there. Not everyone in Reese is a bad person, I'm not saying that, but just the miniscule chance of running into an old acquaintance from there is enough to give me an anxiety attack. Goddamnit I'm dumb for saying it though.

Goddamnit, I hate being in this place, and I just have my crippled Mom weighing me down with her pessimistic about all things personality, optimistic about retarded things like gambling attitude, and just being a huge fucking drain on me. I think it's fucked up when people say that they rely on their family for support, because mine has done nothing but drag me the fuck down.

I often feel that I'm too fucked up to function in society, and I should just give up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42148 on: January 17, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

I think I've mentioned this to you before Josh but my parents are pretty bad as well.  They really break every parent rule there is and it makes me hate them sometimes.  I suppose they at least love me but they have no idea how to handle themselves healthily.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42149 on: January 17, 2012, 06:27:29 pm »

I think it's fucked up when people say that they rely on their family for support, because mine has done nothing but drag me the fuck down.

This seems to be the case more often than not.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 8167