Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 [1991] 1992 1993 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498711 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29850 on: May 12, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

Ugh.. can't sleep..
*Hugs*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29851 on: May 12, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

General lack of tiredness?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29852 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:50 pm »

At least we've still got Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Spoiler: Venture Bros! (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29853 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »

Feet. In. Pain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29854 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:21 pm »

Venture Bros is amazing.  Awesome pic.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.... never clicked with me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29855 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »

Venture Brothers seemed just weird and nonsensical for the first season or so, before the writing and voice-acting really clicked together, and the disparate and random story started to coalesce into something actually interesting.  To me, it started off weak, and has only gotten better with time.

In other news, my aversion to depression continues to do battle with my sense of duty to keep on searching for a real job, now these many (four) months later.  I've come to the conclusion that I might, just might, possibly might, after saying it couldn't happen and wouldn't happen... be going back to college.  Since I already have so many credits, getting an Associates degree in a related field shouldn't take much at all - I've already got all the basics and language and fundamentals out of the way.  But damn, college again.

And why?  So I can apply for jobs I'll never get in law offices.  God help me, that this actually sounds attractive.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29856 on: May 12, 2011, 08:35:40 pm »

The only thing I've learned from this law exercise thing in school is that being lawyer means everyone likes to throw things at you, avoid you like the plague and not tell you anything, or lie to your face like you're a fucking four year old that found mom passed out on top of the presents.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29857 on: May 12, 2011, 08:41:20 pm »

I just realized something horrible. With the money spent thus far on the horribad spiderman broadway musical, SETI could have been funded for the next 3 decades.  :o

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29858 on: May 12, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »

I just realized something horrible. With the money spent thus far on the horribad spiderman broadway musical, SETI could have been funded for the next 3 decades.  :o
This line of thinking is always terrible anyway. Taking one unrelated thing to fund another unrelated thing is kinda nonsensical.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29859 on: May 12, 2011, 08:45:43 pm »

This line of thinking is always terrible anyway. Taking one unrelated thing to fund another unrelated thing is kinda nonsensical.
True... but still... sooo many better things I can think of doing with such a huge sum of money spent injuring actors.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29860 on: May 12, 2011, 08:52:00 pm »

All the money AMERICANS spent on pet food could have been spent funding an AIDS cure!

All the money Europeans spent preserving silly cultural traditions could be spent on the poor.

Every country could commit world peace right now and spend all their military funding on space travel.

All of these things are entirely silly and kinda stupid to contemplate for reasons I can't quite sum up at the moment, but it would likely involve how these things are not usually single entities that can just decide with no repercussions to send money in a certain direction that may or may not help.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29861 on: May 12, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »

So I just read that Squiddles is hoeing toes now (happy thing, but it's on topic here :b).
And if you want another good mouse-driven bullet hell game: Frantic and sequel.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29862 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:57 pm »

All the money AMERICANS spent on pet food could have been spent funding an AIDS cure!

All the money Europeans spent preserving silly cultural traditions could be spent on the poor.

Every country could commit world peace right now and spend all their military funding on space travel.

All of these things are entirely silly and kinda stupid to contemplate for reasons I can't quite sum up at the moment, but it would likely involve how these things are not usually single entities that can just decide with no repercussions to send money in a certain direction that may or may not help.

Not to mention we'd probably have better bang for our buck burning allt he money and hoping aliens see it from space.
Shoes...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29863 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »

think how much good we could do with all the money we donate to the toad

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29864 on: May 12, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »

Every Christmas I think about how wasteful all the tacky lights are, and wonder how much could be done with the energy if that tradition disappeared.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 [1991] 1992 1993 ... 8168