Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496469 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29775 on: May 11, 2011, 04:50:49 am »

I guess next week will be a fucking busy one. A dozen or so exams to learn for and a visit to the dentist, ophtamologist and cardiologist each. Bluh.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29776 on: May 11, 2011, 06:37:44 am »

I think I fractured my toe a few months (or was it weeks?) ago.

I hit it pretty hard, now it hurts to touch and is kinda out of shape compared to the one on the other foot.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29777 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:42 am »

Awake at 6am. I should've been asleep hours ago, but I'm not tired at all right now. v_v

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29778 on: May 11, 2011, 08:32:36 am »

Awake at 6am. I should've been asleep hours ago, but I'm not tired at all right now. v_v
Try to fix your sleeping pattern ASAP.

I was once like this and it devolved into going to bed at about 6 PM after waking up a few hours before midnight.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29779 on: May 11, 2011, 08:37:04 am »

Yeah, I know. I hate waking up at night. :(
I think it this was caused be me sleeping away the day even though I woke up at the right time.
EDIT: My computer is lagging A LOT right now. :\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:40:09 am by Jack_Bread »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29780 on: May 11, 2011, 08:40:47 am »

EDIT: My computer is lagging A LOT right now. :\
Better scan it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29781 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:03 am »

Man caffeine withdrawal is like the worst withdrawal, because it's happening to me. Ow my head. At this point ibuprofen is no longer effective, and I'm calling it quits after 4 pills in an hour fails to accomplish anything significant. Overdosing = bad.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29782 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:33 am »

Man caffeine withdrawal is like the worst withdrawal,

I think herion withdrawal would be worse.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:15:44 am by Angel Of Death »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #29783 on: May 11, 2011, 11:15:45 am »

Here's something about me that's sad: I just spent 40 minutes listening to this on repeat.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29784 on: May 11, 2011, 11:20:28 am »

Man caffeine withdrawal is like the worst withdrawal,

I think herion withdrawal would be worse.

But it isn't happening to me, so it's not as bad [/exaggerated selfishness]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29785 on: May 11, 2011, 11:20:45 am »

Next week is end of spring quarter and I have to go home (or to an internship if I can get one). This quarter was so good but now its almost over. No more staying up until 2AM with people in the game dev lab; back to Ohio, where I shall revert to my original extremely introverted state amidst a sea of uninteresting people who wouldn't know an interesting conversation if it shook their hands and introduced itself. :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29786 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:20 am »

Man caffeine withdrawal is like the worst withdrawal, because it's happening to me. Ow my head. At this point ibuprofen is no longer effective, and I'm calling it quits after 4 pills in an hour fails to accomplish anything significant. Overdosing = bad.

Awww, man.  This is why I kicked caffeine back when I was only drinking tea.  Gave me anxiety problems, too... so now I basically just go without, even if I'd really like some coffee once in a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29787 on: May 11, 2011, 11:54:05 am »

I'm at the point now where I can't get through the mornings without a bunch of caffeine. I get a slight buzz, but that's it - even if I drink, say, four cups of the strong Swedish coffee here.

I'd kick it (mostly just to get my buzz back), but I can't afford a withdrawal period with only one-two months left of this year, especially since a large percentage of the important tests take place in this little time I've got left.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29788 on: May 11, 2011, 01:06:45 pm »

Yeah, I also didn't have time to kick it until now. Bleh. I've done this like 4 times this year, but within a week, I'd always have a couple major projects due right next to each other that I hadn't been able to work on effectively due to withdrawal, so I'd be drinking caffeine again to get through em. That should be next to impossible now, what with not having school, but it's doing a number on the number of hours I can stand to work before any movement makes it too painful to concentrate.

EDIT: Also, I recently started watching Gurren Lagann, which is great, but it turns out that an NPC I was going to work into a D&D campaign is basically Kamina, or at least is supposed to fill a similar role. Kamina is awesome, but at least half the players know who he is and I fear they will think I blatantly ripped him off.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:20:31 pm by Bauglir »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29789 on: May 11, 2011, 01:22:32 pm »

Well, either you can try to differentiate him more from Kamina, or you just roll with it and make him an outright parody.

Or you just leave him be. Worked for Hussie, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 8168