Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438068 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26040 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:56 am »

Lithuanian homework. Why of all the languages in the world did I get this one as first? I wish I was British.

Don't! Baltics > Anglo-Frisians!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtU8dSBstpM
Lies. I bet England can do much better.

Also,I have one argument.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26041 on: March 31, 2011, 11:19:36 am »

Lithuanian homework. Why of all the languages in the world did I get this one as first? I wish I was British.

Still a prettier language by far.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26042 on: March 31, 2011, 11:21:47 am »

Still a prettier language by far.
English with an accent can be absolutely adorable/badass/beautiful depending on specific accent.

Also were the worst of the Baltics. Latvia can atleast trust their government and has a larger medium IQ and Estonia is doing great.

Edit: Also I noticed a Polish person saying "I know you hate us, but I love this song" or something and it made me lol. Yes, everyone knows were nazis.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:24:00 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26043 on: March 31, 2011, 11:23:46 am »

What's the best accent then?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26044 on: March 31, 2011, 11:24:01 am »

Mine :P
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26045 on: March 31, 2011, 11:24:25 am »

I find French accent hot in women.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #26046 on: March 31, 2011, 11:25:30 am »

I was watching a "documentary" about life on other planets. I said "What the fuck!?" and switched the channel when I heard "Life on other planets could be robots!"

Who the fuck is going to build these robots and put them on a planet?
Er... I take it you haven't noticed the extraordinarily rapid increase in the prevalence of AI and robotics on that planet called Earth recently? With an understanding of physics, it is possible to create robots and AI which easily surpass the traits created through natural evolution in a tiny fraction of the time it takes for something to evolve. Thus it is theorized that technologically based organisms could indeed become the dominant lifeforms on a planet. Anything you can do, they can do better, and all that jazz. Not only is there no reason as to why a strong AI is impossible, but it seems we are getting rather close to creating them ourselves; an estimate of 2 centuries would be extremely conservative at this point. If we were to come across intelligent life elsewhere, there would be a pretty decent chance they would have made a technological transition away from their original biology at some point.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26047 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:38 am »

What's the best accent then?
Of English accents? Personally, stereotypical "average" English, lowlands English or Scottish. Also, rednecks.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26048 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:50 am »

Mine :P
short irish woman accent? excuse me while i go find that damn bottle of polak vodka :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26049 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:50 am »

Of English accents? Personally, stereotypical "average" English, lowlands English or Scottish.
Aight! *fistpump*

It's funny hough. Around here, most people can speak german or french without an accent (if you count the midi dialect a "no accent"), but english? Just a mess.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:31:52 am by Darvi »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26050 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:57 am »

If it has to be english, then swedish accent is very cute, I still think English is inferior in all but acting as a world language, it feels ordinary, boring and ugly in most cases to me. I'm danish and I'd rather listen to almost any other language when it comes to music, probably why I listen a lot to german and japanese, since Danes are on the go with the english language being the "cool" stuff. Also they want to make money and people only want music in english, apparently. It sucks and it makes me sad.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcvpWIAMmzk&feature=related This cheers me up a little.

Edit2: I found a good way to describe how I feel about english, it is perfect for communication but has no artistic value to me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:33:30 am by Nine »

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26051 on: March 31, 2011, 11:34:08 am »

However, English is easy and flexible, Lithuanian is hard. Probably has something to do with it being the most conservative language in Europe, therefore archaic.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26052 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:34 am »

However, English is easy and flexible, Lithuanian is hard. Probably has something to do with it being the most conservative language in Europe, therefore archaic.

How is that a bad thing?!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26053 on: March 31, 2011, 11:37:29 am »

As I said, it's difficult, needlessly complicated, yet still very limited.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26054 on: March 31, 2011, 11:39:51 am »

As I said, it's difficult, needlessly complicated, yet still very limited.

Honestly, to me it sounds like a wonderful mother tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 ... 8167