Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461339 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6540 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:03 am »

This is how I progress from Sober to Inebriated:

Friendly but Reserved -> Talkative -> Wit and Poetic Language More Pronounced -> Analytical, and Prone to Singing -> Retardedly Philosophical/Existential -> Fall Asleep

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: June 05, 2010, 12:14:58 am »

Like my first time drinking, I experimented, and tested the limits. If I'm not mistaken, provided I have a task in mind, my brain is operating at least 10x quicker than normal; toss in my ability to over-imagine, and I can either come up with some truly bizarre stuff, read the entire library called my brain in an afternoon, or have a truly obscure and random topic come to mind and come up with enough information about it to fill a book. Of course, I enjoy the feeling so much, and also considering my awareness of just how lazy I am, I just don't bother remembering all the details.

How the Hell can you enjoy that?  It sounds like the first time I actually got high.  I'd smoked pot plenty of times before, but I guess it just never took.  Finally, I was by myself with a bowl my dad gave me, and I literally thought I was going to die.  I already have that "can't stop thinking" problem all the time, and when I got high it was cranked into overdrive.  After I nearly keeled over trying to type out everything I was thinking, I just laid in bed twitching.  Paranoia, recrimination, self-loathing.  The only reason I didn't kill myself was because I didn't have enough muscle control to get up again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6542 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:44 am »

Like my first time drinking, I experimented, and tested the limits. If I'm not mistaken, provided I have a task in mind, my brain is operating at least 10x quicker than normal; toss in my ability to over-imagine, and I can either come up with some truly bizarre stuff, read the entire library called my brain in an afternoon, or have a truly obscure and random topic come to mind and come up with enough information about it to fill a book. Of course, I enjoy the feeling so much, and also considering my awareness of just how lazy I am, I just don't bother remembering all the details.
How the Hell can you enjoy that?  It sounds like the first time I actually got high.  I'd smoked pot plenty of times before, but I guess it just never took.  Finally, I was by myself with a bowl my dad gave me, and I literally thought I was going to die.  I already have that "can't stop thinking" problem all the time, and when I got high it was cranked into overdrive.  After I nearly keeled over trying to type out everything I was thinking, I just laid in bed twitching.  Paranoia, recrimination, self-loathing.  The only reason I didn't kill myself was because I didn't have enough muscle control to get up again.
I guess I just have a supernatural mental processor. Then again I also tend to voice my thoughts, keep my mind less cramped, and surprisingly it helps me retain memory better. How else can I retain most of my memories whenever I nearly drink myself under a table or get high enough I can walk through ice cold water and not be aware it's even cold (which felt nifty BTW, like a cold bag of water hitting me, whereas it was actual water hitting my feet.)? When you're unaware of your own body, you can lose track of things, including how many drinks you have (fortunately, I prefer to drink water in these cases, especially cold for the effect).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:24:10 am by Itnetlolor »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: June 05, 2010, 12:23:08 am »

I may not get a starcraft II beta.
I cannot use a 13 letter CD key for the game which now requires 26 letters.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: June 05, 2010, 12:24:18 am »

I've heard of this before.  Be glad you haven't actually written a book because it will be a lot less profound once you're sober again.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6545 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:03 am »

I've heard of this before.  Be glad you haven't actually written a book because it will be a lot less profound once you're sober again.
I don't know. I've actually said some rather philosophical stuff that when I was retold (in case I forgot), it actually made sense (also mostly due to me fully understanding even my own context). I mean, I actually said some random stuff that was actually very inspirational to anyone I was talking to at the time (fortunately, mostly family). I'm already profound enough as is, I think it just worked as a better translator of my context than me sober.

Odd huh? When I'm sober, I'm annoying and confusing, but either high or drunk, and I actually make sense and begin to speak meaningfully. I think it's because I actually get knocked down to the level everyone else I end up talking to are when they're sober. Forget talking to them when they're under the influence.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:29:29 am by Itnetlolor »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: June 05, 2010, 12:37:29 am »

I don't know. I've actually said some rather philosophical stuff that when I was retold (in case I forgot), it actually made sense (also mostly due to me fully understanding even my own context). I mean, I actually said some random stuff that was actually very inspirational to anyone I was talking to at the time (fortunately, mostly family). I'm already profound enough as is, I think it just worked as a better translator of my context than me sober.

Odd huh? When I'm sober, I'm annoying and confusing, but either high or drunk, and I actually make sense and begin to speak meaningfully. I think it's because I actually get knocked down to the level everyone else I end up talking to are when they're sober. Forget talking to them when they're under the influence.
This is called drunken rambling, the stuff you will say during this time will be hilarious. Whatever you do, do not dwell on the rediculous stuff you may or may not have said.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: June 05, 2010, 12:42:18 am »

It sounds like the first time I actually got high.  I'd smoked pot plenty of times before, but I guess it just never took.  Finally, I was by myself with a bowl my dad gave me, and I literally thought I was going to die.  I already have that "can't stop thinking" problem all the time, and when I got high it was cranked into overdrive.  After I nearly keeled over trying to type out everything I was thinking, I just laid in bed twitching.  Paranoia, recrimination, self-loathing.  The only reason I didn't kill myself was because I didn't have enough muscle control to get up again.

Really? I have the 'can't stop thinking' thing which causes pretty severe insomnia, but despite the negative buzz pot tends to give me (and hence why I don't like it, it gives me a sensation of mixed vertigo and self-hatred) it's never made me think more. As far as I can tell my brain idles while high.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:33 am »

I don't quite get why people smoke pot anyways. Its effects are mild and the shit stays in your system for weeks.

If you want to be paranoid, order pizza, assume the pizza guy is a federal agent, eat the entire pizza anyways, fall asleep and repeat untill you have perma-fry so bad you can't even form a complete sentence, then you have the challenge of passing any piss test an employer might give you?

Whats the point?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:02:45 am by HAMMERMILL »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: June 05, 2010, 01:15:17 am »

Both have their benefits, as of Monday I'd love to have something that doesn't make you really really hungover. Sadly, I'd like to stay clean, and if I move there won't be many opportunities available to acquire stuff.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: June 05, 2010, 01:31:46 am »

I don't like pot myself.  It either makes me into a shivering paranoid, or time flies by with nothing to show for it, which I don't like doing sober.  The problem is, I get a lot of peer pressure for the people who do smoke, and peer pressure from your father is really hard to fob off.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: June 05, 2010, 01:40:29 am »

Go drink some beers or something instead of pot. If you are in a lifestyle where you can even safely smoke dope (eg, unemployed with no intention of becoming employed, or working day-labor, ect) then you have plenty of time to sleep off any sort of minor hangover you might get from a 6 pack of light beer.

Plus it can get you arrested. Why bother?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 11:23:49 am by HAMMERMILL »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: June 05, 2010, 01:58:07 am »

So yesterday I agreed to help some friends on Saturday from like 8 to 6. Today I woke up to my father rambling about getting nicely dressed cutting to yelling about how I sleep too much. A few minutes later as I was eating breakfast I asked my sister what was up with that. Her graduation was today, and we had to leave in an hour. This was doubly saddening, as despite never being told her graduation was today I didn't ever ask when it would happen, and that the event would last from 11 to 4:30.
 So our dad drops us off at the center where the event is happening, and it is revealed to me that we got there two hours early because our dad needed to get to work for his morning shift so he could return during the afternoon shift he somehow got off to see the event. This is two hours under the humidity and heat of almost the afternoon before the doors open. And then another hour of waiting inside for my parents to get there. Then two hours or so of speeches and the graduates getting called. We then went out to Silver Diner, as is our custom, and things were happy for a bit after getting my wasabi, buffalo sauce, horseradish and red pepper burger. Then we got home around 7 and I was just completely wasted and tired. So I didn't remember to talk to my buddies about the help I was giving them on Saturday.
 So I fell asleep and woke up now thinking "Fuck, I didn't tell my parents." Now understand that without my mom waking m up no alarm can raise me. Take it as you will, but even alarms that woke my dad up upstairs had no effect after blaring for an hour, which understandably pisses him off. But even moreso is going to things and telling him about them minutes before they begin. He likes to know things ahead of time, which I understand. The problem is that he gets incredibly angry if you tell him just the night before and such. And now it's two in the morning.

I'm in a surreal time between too late to talk to my parents about it and too early to talk to my buddies about it. And I likely won't wake up before 8, as I cannot be physically woken up before then without the aid of my mother, who doesn't know I should be waken up.

God, now I feel like no matter what I do I'll be a jerk.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: June 05, 2010, 02:05:09 am »

I don't have the paper proving I'm a citizen, which my Dad (who doesn't talk to me) refuses to give me.

In his defense, at least he's sticking by his claim that you're no son of his, and therefore not a legal citizen.

I'm a legal citizen through naturalization. I've lived here 15 years.

Also, you're a dick.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: June 05, 2010, 02:06:53 am »

Ouch, Grakelin.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 8167