Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475006 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4155 on: April 09, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »

*Hugs Vector, again* ^_^

I dont have much to say on the matter, really.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: April 09, 2010, 06:22:00 pm »

Me neither. I have no idea how to help, which is why I keep silent.

But you go Vector. We're all rooting for you.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:07 pm »

But you go Vector. We're all rooting for you.

The reason I like this forum. Never seen anywhere else like it. (note OT as this doesn't make me sad)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: April 09, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »

Don't worry Vector, I'm wearing mountain dew pajamas.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »

Yes. You too, Vector. Live your life. We all love 'ya, and we're all backing your decisions. So what're you worried for? There's plenty of trees in the forest, go find a nice oak that'll offset you nicely. Go back to uni when you're ready, and punch life in the face.

And toonyman that is the most Awesome thing I've heard in a long time.
MOUNTAIN DEW!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: April 09, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »

Aww man mountain dew is like piss when it is warm. Cold it is pretty good but still no match for Dr. Pepper.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: April 09, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »

Aww man mountain dew is like piss when it is warm. Cold it is pretty good but still no match for Dr. Pepper.

This is the most true statement I've heard all day.
Nothing beats Reed's Extra Ginger Brew though.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: April 09, 2010, 08:42:09 pm »

This is the most true statement I've heard all day.
Nothing beats Reed's Extra Ginger Brew though.

jone's soda is king of all carbonated beverages, hands down.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: April 09, 2010, 08:49:27 pm »

If you're a hipster maybe.

God Tier:  Frisch's Vanilla Coke
Awesome Tier:  Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, other bitter/dark soft drinks
Okay Tier:  Diet versions of above
Low Tier:  Mt. Dew, Mello Yello, Green/yellow citrus drinks
Bottom Tier:  Sprite, 7-up, Sierra Mist, clear lemon/lime drinks
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: April 09, 2010, 08:51:00 pm »

I will not tolerate any haters of Sprite. Prepare for termination Cthulhu!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: April 09, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

You forgot to put Reed's in the Super God Tier.

Also, Sprite sucks, but 7-up is worse. Sierra Mist is still lame, but better than both of the other two combined.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:28 pm »

Screw that noise.  Jarritos fucking rocks.  Fruit flavored soda with proper cane sugar instead of liquefied corn.  And it's Mexican, so y'know it's good.

On "topic", I'm kinda bummed out today, because I've been cleaning my place, and finding closet full's of old classwork, court documents, and junk from my teenhood.  As much as I hate nostalgia, I hate my past failures, personality, and interests even more.  It's like a trek through the bad parts of my mind.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »

Screw that noise.  Jarritos fucking rocks.  Fruit flavored soda with proper cane sugar instead of liquefied corn.  And it's Mexican, so y'know it's good.

On "topic", I'm kinda bummed out today, because I've been cleaning my place, and finding closet full's of old classwork, court documents, and junk from my teenhood.  As much as I hate nostalgia, I hate my past failures, personality, and interests even more.  It's like a trek through the bad parts of my mind.

interesting, will have to try it. jone's soda is based on cane sugar as wel lwhich is what makes it awesome.

also sprite and 7-up are great.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4168 on: April 09, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »

Don't worry, in due time, you'll eventually get over it all, and sometimes even improve upon them exponentially. Funny enough, I have dreams in Quantum Leap fashion that I fall back into certain parts of my life, except retaining what I already know, and redo the events with my more ideal personality. Seeing my history rewritten from doing that (looking at my life 4-dimensionally, or higher; not quite sure which perspective is most relevant) gives some rather interesting results, using what I already know of developments of people I already knew, how I was in the past, and how events unfolded as I remember them, just with a minor variable adjustment applied.

It's kinda funny. If anything, I figured out that the kind of music I listened to back in high school (For example: If I learned of, let's say Dropkick Murpheys or Korpiklanni in that time frame) influenced my personality very much, and I could've been a much different person as time passes. Of course, the more distant the time, the more faded the interpretations. Too many other variable adjustments fog up the vision.

Do what I would do, and find the diamonds, or at least manufacture some out of the coal/ashes of your mind/past. It may be a lame thing psychologists would tell you to do for a couple hundred, but it is effective if you put your mind to it. Take what you could've been, and bring it to who you are. Jump-start a -life crisis and make the adjustment, do it a few more times and rewrite yourself. You are the author of your story. Tell it your way.

BTW, I know how you feel about the past and everything else along those lines. I've been dragged through the jagged mud of life myself. Problems are nothing but hills or mountains, just find a way to get around or over them; or the more dwarfy way, through them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: April 09, 2010, 09:52:56 pm »

Do what I would do, and find the diamonds, or at least manufacture some out of the coal/ashes of your mind/past. It may be a lame thing psychologists would tell you to do for a couple hundred, but it is effective if you put your mind to it. Take what you could've been, and bring it to who you are. Jump-start a -life crisis and make the adjustment, do it a few more times and rewrite yourself. You are the author of your story. Tell it your way.

Yeah, I've been trying to force that for about three years now.  It hasn't happened yet, and I'm feeling the days slip away all the faster.  I keep thinking, any day now, I'll sit down and do all that stuff I want to do.  Funny how doing nothing for three years can take up so much time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 8167