Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476239 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3705 on: March 26, 2010, 03:49:23 pm »

It's having a sig that say "I support things you don't like! PM me about it so we may have a flamewar!" But still, the only person here who's going to get flamed his him, so whatever.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

i was stood up for the second week in a row for exalted (table top rpg)

i need better irl friends >.<
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 26, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »

The problem with finding geek friends is that they're often in similar boats, and they don't necessarily have the same social habits as other folks; they can be hard to find.

Check out campus clubs, start a local craigs list posting (not as silly as it might sound!) or larger online gaming commuinities like Penny Arcade, and try to find local gamers that way.

Find gamers first, and friendship often follows. Heck, I only met my current D&D group by joining them, and I consider them all good friends now. Backwards, but effective!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 26, 2010, 05:21:57 pm »

I was messing with mods on Cortex Command. I wanted to try something but I kept screwing up(kept destroying something I needed, mostly). I FINALLY get it right when I accidentally exit the game! D:

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 26, 2010, 06:05:46 pm »

I just realized that i have not read the Animorphs books.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3710 on: March 26, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »

I think I was happy too soon. As it turns out, my night just got ambush-screwed. Apparently nobody in my family ever plans anything, so as it would turn out, I've been railroaded into babysitting my nephew for the night, while me and my brothers have a Starcraft session planned, and I also wanted to make a little more progress in Tomb Raider.

*BZZZZZZZT* Wrong again, as it turns out, plans should NEVER be made in/for your own benefit whatsoever. They'll always be terminated once they're ready to be executed. Gotta love hubris. I'm a master of it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 26, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »

Hmm... How long would it take to teach this nephew Starcraft?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3712 on: March 26, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »

Hmm... How long would it take to teach this nephew Starcraft?
Too long, plus I think it's a bit too violent to introduce it to him yet. He's not quite old enough, despite his attitude. Plus, I think once he realizes and sees how the Zerg are, he'll get nightmares of them. Plus, I think he's more of an active gamer in the sense of playing games on the Wii. Not as much a sit & watch person. I even showed him progress of my project, and he thought it was cool, watching it happen though... not so much.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 26, 2010, 06:56:24 pm »

Dad got into a hissy fit over my playing TF2. I presented my argument that the actual killings were not the point, and that nobody sees it as such except people who are not playing. To the players it is just a friendly game of tag, or dodgeball. Every example of somebody who was nutty was nutty before games came along.
 Which he then promptly ignored and started to cite sources that I already refuted, claiming that killing games were bad and it was common sense that they are bad. Then he said they were responsible for my brother being rebellious towards him.
 Dad, YOU are the reason he was like that. Don't try to dump your responsibility on something else.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 26, 2010, 07:15:22 pm »

They're quite good, actually. Admittedly I haven't picked up one for years but I was all about that series when I started.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 26, 2010, 07:18:03 pm »

They're quite good, actually. Admittedly I haven't picked up one for years but I was all about that series when I started.
In elementary school they were THE series to read. Granted it started to get a little odd around the hundredth book mark, but I remember it as solid stuff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 26, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »

Dad got into a hissy fit over my playing TF2. I presented my argument that the actual killings were not the point, and that nobody sees it as such except people who are not playing. To the players it is just a friendly game of tag, or dodgeball. Every example of somebody who was nutty was nutty before games came along.
 Which he then promptly ignored and started to cite sources that I already refuted, claiming that killing games were bad and it was common sense that they are bad. Then he said they were responsible for my brother being rebellious towards him.
 Dad, YOU are the reason he was like that. Don't try to dump your responsibility on something else.

Man, I couldn't imagine living with parents like that.  Good thing my parents force me to be smart and chronically stressed out!

Speaking of them....

I had the worst fuckin day of my life in a long time.

SO last my parents signed me up to the SkillsUSA for $50.  I'm like, oh great you wasted $50.  Whatever.  So I go today at 6 in the mourning.  I would normally have the day off.  Then I take a math test for 2 hours.  Then I wait for 13 HOURS.  12 FUCKLCN HOURS.  I finally get the results and I didn't win for the State.  Oh well.

Meh.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:49 pm »

My favorite two pairs of jeans have passed the "Don't wear this in public" threshold.  I'll still wear them around the house because they're super-comfy, but I give it a month before they disintegrate.

That makes me sad, because I'm stuck with weird-cut uncomfortable jeans.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3718 on: March 26, 2010, 08:46:26 pm »

My favorite two pairs of jeans have passed the "Don't wear this in public" threshold.  I'll still wear them around the house because they're super-comfy, but I give it a month before they disintegrate.

I have a couple shirts in such a condition. One of them has enormous holes formed in them. Good for a really warm day, or a wild date (1 use if that case).

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:46 pm »

I have a couple shirts in such a condition. One of them has enormous holes formed in them. Good for a really warm day, or a wild date (1 use if that case).

I have this amazing shirt that I have had since I was little. more than 10 years later it still fits (snugly, but wife doesn't complain :3). Its starting to fade a bit and the picture on the front is developing cracks but I saw someone in a movie wearing it once! has a picture of a wolf on it.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 8167