Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5836 5837 [5838] 5839 5840 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9425491 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87555 on: January 28, 2015, 10:36:17 am »

...you've still got every kind word she had for you, every ounce of belief she ever had in you, every gesture of love and respect that earned her the connection you miss now. The person she was has, in some measure, been burned into the person you are. You'll always have more than just the memories - whatever strengths and feelings she's given you are a legacy you don't even need to exert yourself recalling. Might be cold comfort compared to a living soul, but it's something, I hope.

Bears reposting for everybody whose loved ones are passing. I can't think of anything better to say.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87556 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:58 am »

...you've still got every kind word she had for you, every ounce of belief she ever had in you, every gesture of love and respect that earned her the connection you miss now. The person she was has, in some measure, been burned into the person you are. You'll always have more than just the memories - whatever strengths and feelings she's given you are a legacy you don't even need to exert yourself recalling. Might be cold comfort compared to a living soul, but it's something, I hope.

Bears reposting for everybody whose loved ones are passing. I can't think of anything better to say.
Bears are reposting? What are the bears reposting?

Ha. Ha. It's a joke. I read that as "bears (noun)" instead of "bears (verb)" and was confused for a second. Ha. I'm sorry my jokes are bad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87557 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:57 am »

Don't feel bad - I once spent an entire maths lesson drawing cartoons of what the teacher was saying because I was too tired to focus and kept accidentally taking her literally.

The bee part of the bridge and the tree with no rational roots were particularly good.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87558 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:36 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87559 on: January 28, 2015, 11:03:16 am »

My tendency to rush to the aid of supposed damsels in distress makes me all too prone to be manipulated into situations I don't want to be and into which I wouldn't be manipulable otherwise.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87560 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:01 am »

My tendency to rush to the aid of supposed damsels in distress makes me all too prone to be manipulated into situations I don't want to be and into which I wouldn't be manipulable otherwise.
  That's the beauty of the seductress, imo.
She's using her talents and you are using yours.  If you feel used, consider if you got an equal or comparable value out of the situation as she/they.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87561 on: January 28, 2015, 11:40:40 am »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87562 on: January 28, 2015, 11:52:07 am »

Someone call for a mediocre Photoshop job?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87563 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:48 am »

Eeeexcellent. That should do nicely for my collection.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87564 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:16 am »

It isn't even a matter of seduction... one of the last times this happened it was a plain "plight of the oppressed" plea by a staff member who turned out to be batshit crazy. Luckily that time I did not do anything stupid, but I felt sorry for her. 

It's true that when there *are* seduction undertones, however, it's even more likely that I'll  go and do the stupid thing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87565 on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:02 pm »

White Knifhthood is one of those things where you're doomed if you are, doomed if you don't.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87566 on: January 28, 2015, 01:24:22 pm »

I've got a blister on the bottom of my big toe :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87567 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:46 pm »

AMPUTATE

Actual Sads: I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do and can't remember a time when I did. 
Also a bunch of gigs I want to are clashing, which always sucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #87568 on: January 28, 2015, 04:01:25 pm »

AMPUTATE
AT THE NECK. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE.

Also I'm sick with some sort of short-term flu-type thing, which sucks. Woke up this morning with a horrible headache, then promptly threw up the last remnants in my stomach. :(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87569 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:28 pm »

My page for my project has only gotten seventy something views and no response. I blame the "Oh yeah it's also incomplete and possible terrible" part.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.
Pages: 1 ... 5836 5837 [5838] 5839 5840 ... 8167