Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4488 4489 [4490] 4491 4492 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419449 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67335 on: November 07, 2013, 12:59:29 am »

Since you seem constantly depressed, may I recommend trying to convert those feelings to anger in some form? It isn't healthy, but it got me through my depression without offing myself.
I unfortunately have to voice against this, unless you're using it the once or to get through a very difficult situation. Relying on anger creates very bad situations.

Anger corrodes that in which it is stored far more than that upon which it is poured.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67336 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:37 am »

Don't. Depression sucks, but anger sucks harder. When you get angry, you get stupid. Trust me, I know. When the anger wears off, you realize what a stupid thing you just did, driving yourself deeper into depression, or just getting angry again and doing something else stupid. Vicious cycle and all that. Bottling any emotion up isn't good. All emotions are corrosive, some less so than others.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67337 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:37 am »

Don't. Depression sucks, but anger sucks harder. When you get angry, you get stupid. Trust me, I know. When the anger wears off, you realize what a stupid thing you just did, driving yourself deeper into depression, or just getting angry again and doing something else stupid. Vicious cycle and all that. Bottling any emotion up isn't good. All emotions are corrosive, some less so than others.
This.
Because seriously anger sucks. Hence why Anakin Skywalker, for example, in the heat of anger, killinated his wife.
And then was a bad guy.
And got his limbs cut off.
Still, the lesson's there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67338 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:02 am »

I'm unwell and everything I start to write here is a bad decision.  I don't even know where to fucking start.

It's so hard to take everything one step at a time when there's no time to take any steps and the entire week gets blown taking little steps of taking care of oneself, and all the same nothing gets done by the time it needs to be done, and all you can do is think about how awful you are for not being able to water a fucking plant as you watch it die on your desk

I can't do anything right and I'm scared my pans are rusting because I just can't get myself to go take care of them

And I know all this is wrong and the plant will be fine if I water it tomorrow and no one's going to steal my shit and my pans aren't in any danger of rust and no one's trying to hurt me right now

I just can't seem to be able to do anything, and it hurts, and I don't want anyone to take care of me because I don't trust anyone to.

And I have to meet the poetry guy tomorrow and set up doctor appointments and contact the ex-friend who contacted me and I just don't feel like I can deal with this shit.  Ugh, I'm crying again.  I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Why is it that I always feel so hopeless right when I need strength to build a good future?

It's my ex-best friend's birthday today and I'm not sending her any wishes.  I'm too tired to write a Facebook message.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67339 on: November 07, 2013, 02:32:30 am »

The idea of not existing.

(these things are why I don't like having nothing to do...)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67340 on: November 07, 2013, 02:33:20 am »

All I got. Good luck.

NINJA: Also applies to Skyrunner.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67341 on: November 07, 2013, 02:35:44 am »

Try to comprehend it.
You likely can't.
Therefore

NEVER MIND THIS ADVICE IS BAD AND SHOULD FEEL BAD
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67342 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:09 am »

...I'm sad because of all your sads, everyone.  :-\ Drop all the sads and take a moment off being sad. But be sad when you should be sad, not anger or anything else. Nothing stops you from being sad, but nothing stops you from being happy, too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:15:45 am by Tiruin »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67343 on: November 07, 2013, 03:49:04 am »

Since you seem constantly depressed, may I recommend trying to convert those feelings to anger in some form? It isn't healthy, but it got me through my depression without offing myself.
I unfortunately have to voice against this, unless you're using it the once or to get through a very difficult situation. Relying on anger creates very bad situations.

Anger corrodes that in which it is stored far more than that upon which it is poured.
This.
Because seriously anger sucks. Hence why Anakin Skywalker, for example, in the heat of anger, killinated his wife.
And then was a bad guy.
And got his limbs cut off.
Still, the lesson's there.
When I was pulling myself out of depression with anger, I avoided the cycle by never being not angry. It's seriously fucking unpleasant, but it was better than depression (for me at least).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67344 on: November 07, 2013, 03:54:00 am »

Personal choice and all that, I guess.
Sig! Onol

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67345 on: November 07, 2013, 04:13:36 am »

In ten minutes, I'll be leaving for the test. I won't lie, I'm somewhat stressed right now. Although if the test features nickel, zinc or cobalt ions, I will most likely won't have to worry, I'll just be massively screwed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67346 on: November 07, 2013, 04:18:17 am »

Try to comprehend it.
You likely can't.
Therefore

NEVER MIND THIS ADVICE IS BAD AND SHOULD FEEL BAD

* Skyrunner implodes from the idea

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67347 on: November 07, 2013, 04:55:53 am »

Question: Has youtube ever made a change that doesn't suck?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67348 on: November 07, 2013, 07:49:01 am »

I'm unwell and everything I start to write here is a bad decision.  I don't even know where to fucking start.

It's so hard to take everything one step at a time when there's no time to take any steps and the entire week gets blown taking little steps of taking care of oneself, and all the same nothing gets done by the time it needs to be done, and all you can do is think about how awful you are for not being able to water a fucking plant as you watch it die on your desk

I can't do anything right and I'm scared my pans are rusting because I just can't get myself to go take care of them

And I know all this is wrong and the plant will be fine if I water it tomorrow and no one's going to steal my shit and my pans aren't in any danger of rust and no one's trying to hurt me right now

I just can't seem to be able to do anything, and it hurts, and I don't want anyone to take care of me because I don't trust anyone to.

And I have to meet the poetry guy tomorrow and set up doctor appointments and contact the ex-friend who contacted me and I just don't feel like I can deal with this shit.  Ugh, I'm crying again.  I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Why is it that I always feel so hopeless right when I need strength to build a good future?

It's my ex-best friend's birthday today and I'm not sending her any wishes.  I'm too tired to write a Facebook message.

You're alive, that's pretty awesome. I like you for that. You're alive and a nice person.

My PM-box is open. I'm no professional or anything even close. But it's there and it's a safe place. Promise.

And yeah, this goes to all y'all out there with sad and you feel like you gotta get it off your chest but don't feel safe in public.

I'll keep it there. I'll even delete it after reading it. Or not reading it. Just lemme know and it'll get removed from webspace without a second glance.

Because, I mean, you're all beautiful people and I don't want you to feel trapped. That's bad.

Like, really bad. I don't like it when you guys are sad because it means a wonderful person's having a rough moment.

But that's why I like the sad thread. It's a great thread to have. I really feel like it's a safe place, as safe as an open forum can be, I think.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67349 on: November 07, 2013, 08:47:28 am »

The idea of emotion spambots filled me with existential dread today.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 4488 4489 [4490] 4491 4492 ... 8167