Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3596 3597 [3598] 3599 3600 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463798 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53955 on: October 11, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »

My mother ran out of money for the month already. She had to take my sister to a doctor and it wiped out her food/bill money. So I am letting her "borrow" it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53956 on: October 11, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

You are wonderful at this whole "making him feel better" thing. Really, I mean it.
Always happy to help :3

My mother ran out of money for the month already. She had to take my sister to a doctor and it wiped out her food/bill money. So I am letting her "borrow" it.
Ouch :( Serious medical problem?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53957 on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

A 6 hour drive to my nations capital city, in order to give a presentation tomorrow that will be the defining moment of my career so far. Not really my idea of fun.

Wales has a capital city?

Oh, you meant London. :P

Ah, Prydain, you funny old place.

Cardiff, my good fellow.
This is a blank sig.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53958 on: October 11, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

You are wonderful at this whole "making him feel better" thing. Really, I mean it.
Always happy to help :3

Ouch :( Serious medical problem?

Possibly. A weird group of painful festering sores on her back and the local free clinic had a 10 day waiting period for emergencies. And this didn't count as an emergency.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53959 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:07 pm »

I'd laugh if that wasn't so depressing.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53960 on: October 11, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

Today has just been brilliant for depression.  :'(

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53961 on: October 11, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

I had some things I wanted to share, but I gave it a second before dedicating it to writing, then chose not to. It's all just more whining in an apathetic world.

EDIT: I'll write something else later.

I suppose the thing I was thinking about was how I wanted to give a better insight to how my mind works, cause I don't think I ever do a good job of explaining it, and people just assume that it's structured the same as everyone else's and can thus just accept practical advice like a grain of salt, but in reality all the gears in my head are placed differently and spinning in the wrong direction anyhow.

My head just seems to run in a kind of autopilot when out and about in town or whatever, I shamelessly fish for whatever encouragement I can get here, but there's no time to think out in the field, my mind just follows the standing orders engrained into it from years and years of practice.

I suppose I'll structure it in orders of intensity, because my main problem in life atm is just being lonely, and meeting people is hard, it's usually just how I'm trying to carry the conversation that trips me up. I suppose the orders of intensity are like:

Pure business: this is me 99.99% of the time. Just keeping a simple goal in mind for what I'm trying to do, avoid superfluous conversation or eye contact. Keep all speech 100% polite and formal, and things are sure to never spiral into any unpleasant territory.

Me attempting being casual: I feel so out of place and awkward in normal society, I just keep to myself while trying to look normal.

As I said, because my main problem is loneliness, if I think of approaching someone to speak with them, as everyone so nonchalantly says I should do (AND CONFIDENTLY AT THAT!) my mind just automatically triggers a panic mode and all the gears start pushing against eachother, with one gear being what I want to do, and the other being the trained behavior from years and years of pounding it into myself, and I'll let you guess which gear has more torque behind it. So the next orders of intensity are:

Talking with guys: This is somewhat simple. Though I'm always at a loss for what to say.

Thinking about approaching a girl: Here, rationality starts to break down. I need to calm myself down, because I've mentioned it in the past but I still feel really guilty from being a creepy stalker guy in my high school years. I always have to tell myself that I was just young and stupid and misguided, and that I'm not a creepy guy any more and that I haven't done anything wrong to deserve to keep feeling like this, that I've changed. The guilt is oppressive and crushing though, I'm reminded of it all the time.

Talking with a girl normally: Rationality breaks down further if conversation doesn't flow smoothly. One way or another though, I'm always cutting the conversation short. I don't want to say anything bad, I don't want to look bad, subconsciously I don't want to get revealed to be as inferior as I feel I am, so unless I'm really forcing it, something I'm not wanton to do, I'll find a way to exit the conversation.

Trying to flirt with a girl: This is something so rare it's hard to bring up examples, but the gist of it is that my mind basically forbids me from reaching this stage, all rationality has broken down. The pure primal instinct that tells me I'm about to kill myself, that I'm about to enter a life threatening situation kicks in and just starts yelling to cloud out my judgment. "NOSTOPNOSTOPJOSHFUCKNOGODDAMNIT! WHATDOYOUTHINKYOU'REDOING!? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?! DO YOU REMEMBER THE FOUR YEARS YOU SPENT IN HORRID MISERABLE DEPRESSION JUST STARING AT THE CEILING AND WALLOWING IN FILTH?! LET'S TAKE A SECOND TO RECAP THAT REAL FAST. YOU WANT TO LIVE THAT ALL OVER AGAIN?! I'M ON FUCKING THIN ICE IN HERE, YOU ARE TOO, TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK, ARE YOU STUPID?! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF, I NEED TO STOP YOU. YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE AND FUCK UP YOUR LIFE AGAIN, I NEED TO STOP YOU. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN I CAN FEEL IT. I CAN FEEL IT JOSH YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME!!!"

And then I just get scared and run away from the situation, but looking at me you'd never be able to tell this shit's going through my head, it's just the raw feeling I have to react to. I don't know what other lonely people experience. Sorry for the capslock.

I just want to provide more insight, and try to gain a better understanding of myself with these little posts of mine. I hope that's no problem.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53962 on: October 11, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »

I can definitely sympathize, I've been there before & I'll probably be there again sometime.
I can't really offer too much advice, beyond just going at your own pace with that type of stuff.
Don't really think anyone'd have a problem with you venting about that stuff from time to time. I mean, that's what the thread's here for right?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53963 on: October 11, 2012, 08:22:55 pm »

Augh. Trying to get everything sorted so I can move out just seems like such an uphill battle. :(
I have a pile of various papers here that I need to follow up on/contact someone about/fill out and submit somewhere. All of a sudden it doesn't seem like I'll get this done any time soon.
Apparently I was supposed to contact a doctor about my 'mental health plan' some time ago, and now I need to work that stuff out before I leave, and I know if I screw around much more I'll end up failing, inconveniencing people and sinking back into the same old routine, even more of a loser than before.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53964 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:06 pm »

Power on through!

Though, do you have any help with moving? I'd be completely lost without my parents helping.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53965 on: October 11, 2012, 08:27:48 pm »

cleaning out an old terabyte hard drive. My ex had terrible taste in movies.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53966 on: October 11, 2012, 08:31:15 pm »

Power on through!

Though, do you have any help with moving? I'd be completely lost without my parents helping.

Well, it's not like I'm taking any furniture with me or anything, heh. Then I'd be in trouble.
I just need to organize a bond loan etc., for which I need to contact a bunch of different people. And now added to that I discover I was supposed to be contacting a doctor. ::) Bluh.
Also I have to contact most of these people via telephone. Did I mention I dislike talking over the phone?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #53967 on: October 11, 2012, 08:34:45 pm »

Full Time Employee only party right next to my contract employee office.

No rage, just... sadness over the unfortunate legal situation that requires it.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53968 on: October 11, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »

Full Time Employee only party right next to my contract employee office.

No rage, just... sadness over the unfortunate legal situation that requires it.
party time is required?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53969 on: October 11, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

Happiness is mandatory.
Pages: 1 ... 3596 3597 [3598] 3599 3600 ... 8167