Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3370 3371 [3372] 3373 3374 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480989 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50565 on: August 25, 2012, 10:08:14 am »

Fuck, I didn't even really WANT a relationship until like two months ago (I'm 23).

I'm now hoping to be taken out rather than being the one taking, though :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50566 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:08 am »

So far no one has admitted to being 26 (nearly 27) and in a similar situation virginity-wise, so I guess that's me.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50567 on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:20 am »

Modern Western culture really beats "Have more sex" into our heads. The pressures can be hard to ignore. This frequently leads to people seeking out unfulfilling physical relationships, or to feelings of inadequacy or self-loathing because "you're not where you should be," IE. sleeping with someone.

As a wise man once said, "As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you'll miss most of your life."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50568 on: August 25, 2012, 10:30:58 am »

So far no one has admitted to being 26 (nearly 27) and in a similar situation virginity-wise, so I guess that's me.
Tesla. Newton. Kant.  You're in good company, bro.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50569 on: August 25, 2012, 11:21:00 am »

Tesla. Newton. Kant.  You're in good company, bro.

Anybody know how old Armok is?  I remember he was remaining celibate in order to enhance his scientific capabilities.

I was 21 and a drunk-out-of-his-mind soldier on leave from the army in the cold north.  Wasn't even particularly "my fault", as I was encouraged and manipulated into releasing my baser urges by the overweight backwoods batshit insane single mother who I wound up doing the deed with in my half-conscious state.

Needless to say, it was magical.

In other news, I'm slightly sad (although I don't really think it's bad enough to really qualify for this thread) that I am utter shite at RTS games, despite loving them so much.  Just played a 2v2 skirmish in COH:Opposing Fronts, where I was a British artillery commander backing up an American normal AI, versus two normal Wehrmacht AIs.

And I was losing.  Terrifically.  And then when I tried to restart, the game crashed from my utter badness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50570 on: August 25, 2012, 11:26:31 am »

We should play dawn of war sometime. I promise that I am terrible.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #50571 on: August 25, 2012, 11:33:35 am »

Modern Western culture really beats "Have more sex" into our heads. The pressures can be hard to ignore. This frequently leads to people seeking out unfulfilling physical relationships, or to feelings of inadequacy or self-loathing because "you're not where you should be," IE. sleeping with someone.

As a wise man once said, "As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you'll miss most of your life."

General human biology and psychology beats have more sex into our heads. If anything Western (American) society beats the opposite message into our heads. Its perfectly fine to splatter someones face across the screen in a shower of blood, but you let a female nipple appear on screen for half a second and everyone freaks out.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50572 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:36 am »

The other day I was doing back-to-school shopping and I heard this seven-year-old blurt out "Mom, I like iPads with thwee-gee and cawwiuh!"

Please stop buying your little children Apple products.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50573 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:43 am »

If anything Western (American) society beats the opposite message into our heads. Its perfectly fine to splatter someones face across the screen in a shower of blood, but you let a female nipple appear on screen for half a second and everyone freaks out.
Is that truly the whole of the society, though? That is a single cultural perspective within the make-up of that society. However, I surround myself constantly with the artists of that same similar society, and get an entirely different message. One of anti-violence and greatly increased sexual expression. I get an entirely different message from living in this same society, and a perpetual exposure to it.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50574 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

Meh 20 but not in a rush, i prefer some time before i get to the good stuff :P

The other day I was doing back-to-school shopping and I heard this seven-year-old blurt out "Mom, I like iPads with thwee-gee and cawwiuh!"

where the fucks my cawwiuh!?!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #50575 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:59 am »

If anything Western (American) society beats the opposite message into our heads. Its perfectly fine to splatter someones face across the screen in a shower of blood, but you let a female nipple appear on screen for half a second and everyone freaks out.
Is that truly the whole of the society, though? That is a single cultural perspective within the make-up of that society. However, I surround myself constantly with the artists of that same similar society, and get an entirely different message. One of anti-violence and greatly increased sexual expression. I get an entirely different message from living in this same society, and a perpetual exposure to it.

Of course it isn't the whole of society. But it does seem to be the dominant aspect of it. Surround yourself in a subculture, one that often prides itself in non conformity and you get a different perspective.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50576 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:55 am »

You have to separate what message people of society wants to send and what message society actually sends, Nadaka. And the message it sends is most definitely "SEX! MORE SEX! LOSING VIRGINITY WILL BE THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF YOUR LIFE! SEX!"
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50577 on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »

That aint' right  :-\

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50578 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:26 pm »

That aint' right  :-\

Not at all. My children will not have cell phones until they can afford their own. The obsession with being able to 'liek OMG takl to every1 all da tiem!' is pretty damn sickening. I hate not being able to leave my phone, because surely my PO will call in that short amount of time I don't have it, and then I'll be in fucking trouble because cell phone. Corded phones for the win. :P

You have to separate what message people of society wants to send and what message society actually sends, Nadaka. And the message it sends is most definitely "SEX! MORE SEX! LOSING VIRGINITY WILL BE THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF YOUR LIFE! SEX!"

This. Have you seen American Pie? Literally any of them? They're all about this. Also, sex isn't that great. It's nice and everything, but its not like 'ZOMG LIFE IS PERFECT NOW!' like people make it out to be. It's like chocolate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #50579 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:13 pm »

Also, sex isn't that great. It's nice and everything, but its not like 'ZOMG LIFE IS PERFECT NOW!' like people make it out to be. It's like chocolate.
Sexual chocolate.

But yeah, pretty much 3 minutes of physical activity followed by a 5 second climax, a mess, and a nap.
Pages: 1 ... 3370 3371 [3372] 3373 3374 ... 8167