Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3262 3263 [3264] 3265 3266 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459287 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48945 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:43 pm »

Well, mafia game's finished up, and I've got other people who'll keep the DT thread up for me, so... That's the last of my obligations here. Anything that's still on hiatus and not being carried by other people can be confidently moved to "abandoned" at this point. Apologies, I know there's a lot of those.

Bye guys. Been a good run. I'll miss y'all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48946 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

All but two of the KAG servers I've played on today have been hit by griefers. What's worse is they are premium / paying customers griefing.

Go into the IRC and type !guard
Else, go to the support forum (i think) and fill in the form.
Try to grab screenies or vids.

We have to ban these fucking retarded douches.

I've been recording them as often as possible and trying to get everyone to vote. I know how it is when you're fighting and you don't notice the chat but it's frustrating when someone is tearing you base up. One thing is that now you have to post videos to get people banned as screens can be doctored. The other thing is that the bans are only temporary and they can make as many free accounts as they like.

I wish guards could enter even full games as spectators silently. So often griefers start being productive when one comes into a game. Often enough they can't get into the popular games because they are full.
Yeah, there should be a reserved slot/rcon before joining function. Even if that means that somebody gets kicked.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48947 on: July 06, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »

Well, mafia game's finished up, and I've got other people who'll keep the DT thread up for me, so... That's the last of my obligations here. Anything that's still on hiatus and not being carried by other people can be confidently moved to "abandoned" at this point. Apologies, I know there's a lot of those.

GlyphGryph, don't go! Nooooo!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #48948 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

Crap... there are a lot of posters I recognize leaving this year.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48949 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:39 pm »

D:
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48950 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:32 pm »

Cheers!  To the Rebel cause!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48951 on: July 06, 2012, 12:58:02 pm »

Awww.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48952 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:31 pm »

Why did you decide to leave? :(
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48953 on: July 06, 2012, 01:00:22 pm »

GG, GG. Come and play again sometime ;)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48954 on: July 06, 2012, 01:01:52 pm »

YOU STILL HAVE BAYOMON SPRITING TO DO THIS INSTANT. COME BACK!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48955 on: July 06, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

Found guy totally broke off his ass. Started a lawn mowing business for him. He made $24,000 this year, the first year. I predict he's on track to make $38,000 next year and $43,000 the year after that. When I met him, he had nothing. He now has his own business.

I get 10% of the bands I manage. I asked him for $500 and said I'd handle any legal shit that came up next year for him, well below 10% of $24,000.... It was the first time I asked him for anything, ever. He laughed in my face and said, "you didn't do anything!" It was really quite pleasant, except for the sting of it, which is to say it wasn't pleasant at all.

-snip-

Part of our job, as decent, kind, and compassionate human beings, is to encourage other humans to be decent, kind, and compassionate as well- to convey our global interdependence to them, and how we all rise and fall together. Sometimes, a hard lesson in what happens when we don't all work together can be the only way to establish this. If explaining how your work has benefited him in almost unprecedented ways was not enough for him to do his part in offering thanks and compensation for that work, I'd say it's your duty to help him realize this in other ways.

I don't know if pulling the clients out from under him is a nice thing, but it's a way to go about it. Expressing his lack of professionalism and his brand of ruthlessness to his clients is not a bad thing either; you've learned something new about him, and informing his clients of this will allow them to make the decision for whether or not they want to keep contracting his services. I would argue that the truth, by its nature, can never be a bad thing.

This is sudden. Take care, and best of luck in your worldly travels, Glyph.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48956 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:39 pm »

Nooooo D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48957 on: July 06, 2012, 01:24:22 pm »

Whyyyyyyyy?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48958 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

Gonna miss you, too.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3262 3263 [3264] 3265 3266 ... 8167