Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440656 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44520 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »

And now one of my best friends nearly burst into tears during school because of some texts from her ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend about how she is fat and should 'get raped by her dad' (who was abusive before she got away from him). It's a shame, we have a lot in common if he wasn't such a jerk about things.

This week, please cease throwing sad things at me :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44521 on: March 12, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with the people there*? Come here, people are much nicer, so long as you just stay out of Detroit.

Edit (Clarity): *There being the surrounding areas of B12ers outside Michigan.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:48:27 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44522 on: March 12, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »

Pnx, how in hell can you survive that?

then again, you'll be hardened to it. on the bright side, when you go to the big, wide world, you'll find it comparitively soft and simple.
You know, I find coping with my mother is easy, I just put up with her abuse until it goes away. The big, wide, world on the other hand, terrifies the fuck out of me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44523 on: March 12, 2012, 07:42:05 pm »

You know, I find coping with my mother is easy, I just put up with her abuse until it goes away. The big, wide, world on the other hand, terrifies the fuck out of me.

It's nothing next to your mother, trust me on that. If you can stand living like that, you can handle anything the world throws at you.
Love, scriver~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44524 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »

It's nothing next to your mother, trust me on that. If you can stand living like that, you can handle anything the world throws at you.
Then why am I so scared to go out the door alone?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44525 on: March 12, 2012, 08:17:25 pm »

I'd hazard a guess that it is because you have been led to believe you are weak and useless, even though in fact you are the opposite.
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44526 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »

@2 pages ago

cats are odd. they love milk, yet are lactose intolerant, and get diarrhea (had to google that to get the right spelling) and vomitng at the least...

then again, humans of non-european origins are also lactose intolerant, IIRC.

Am not! D:
I'm Asian, lived there for most of my life, love milk AND am totally tolerent!
Though I do think there are more people who are intolerent in Asia compared to Europe.

Then why am I so scared to go out the door alone?

(looks at world)

... Absolutely no reason. >.>

More seriously, I think its because media always shows the big worlds many bad parts and rarely reports the good? o_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44527 on: March 12, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »

Honestly, it is possible (at a young age, anyways) to easily make a living in this world we have here.  Even without college.  Well, if easy is a 9-5 job that rakes in just enough to get by, and one has roomates to live with and not out in a big city where the rent is fucking outrageous.

Also, made a piece of art for the Forgotten Beast thread, thought it looked decent.

Then took a look at the other art posted on the thread, realized mine was the equivilant of a steaming pile of dung.

Sadface.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:45:32 pm by jc6036 »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44528 on: March 12, 2012, 08:49:48 pm »

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with the people there*? Come here, people are much nicer, so long as you just stay out of Detroit.

HEY canada is perfectly fine
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44529 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

So I have about 600 or so pages of legal research in a Microsoft word document. I sometimes go up to 1400 or so, depending on the subject matter. Anyhow, the damn thing froze and I'm freaking terrified that even if autosave or my last save kicks in, I'm gonna be losing about 200ish pages of stuff that I worked on for like a couple hours or something. This fits nicely into the bad things category.

Also I just realized I sometimes compose 6000 pages a day of legal crap. Though admittedly on average we're looking at something like 3000-4000. Some days it's only 2000 and other days it's 1000. This of course assumes I'm not in trial all day or something. Though if I am, I'm usually penning out notes by hand (because the judges won't let you have a laptop on in the courtroom) about what the crap is going on in trial etc.

Wonder what would happen if I printed out and bludgeoned my client with these 6000 pages. He, like many people, say I don't do anything. That would be the stuff I've done today... in the past [looks at watch] 17 hours or so.... about the civil rule violations of opposing counsel and the motions, and the case in general... I'm typing up preemptively plus the research for them. Did I mention opposing counsels hate me? They do as a rule.

200 pages gone and I've lost the train of thought I was using to write them (because I had moved the hell on. I do the job of three (3) lawyers with the snarkiness of ten (10). :P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:36:15 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44530 on: March 12, 2012, 09:44:31 pm »

Truean switch to Libreoffice. The writer is significantly better than MS Word.

The writer will actually keep an active backup of your work so that if you suddenly have a power outage or something while writing, it will preserve your work!

Oh, and don't worry, it supports Word files (amongst a load of other formats), so you won't have issues with file compatibility, or reading the files you wrote on another computer. Heck, you can actually open the standard format it likes to use in wordpad.

It has some other superiorities to Word that if you're like me, you will neither use, nor care about in the slightest.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44531 on: March 12, 2012, 10:52:09 pm »

HEY canada is perfectly fine
Canada is fine too. In fact, we're nicknamed "South Canada".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44532 on: March 13, 2012, 12:23:52 am »

Ahh Canada,..
America's Hat
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44533 on: March 13, 2012, 03:20:07 am »

Managed to press "mark all as unread" in my Updated Topics menu again. All those topics lost...
Love, scriver~

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #44534 on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:06 am »

Managed to press "mark all as unread" in my Updated Topics menu again. All those topics lost...

Atleast it's all neat now.
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 ... 8167