Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424115 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42615 on: January 28, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

I'm not sure how much of a spoiler that is...hasn't the movie been out for at least two years now? :P
Almost four, actually.
Somewhere out there somebody hasn't seen it yet, and I refuse to be responsible for tarnishing it even the slightest bit.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42616 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:03 pm »

I'm not sure how much of a spoiler that is...hasn't the movie been out for at least two years now? :P
Almost four, actually.
Somewhere out there somebody hasn't seen it yet, and I refuse to be responsible for tarnishing it even the slightest bit.
Well, if I ever meet that person, I will whip out my iPod and show it to them. And then smack them upside the head for missing out all those years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42617 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:54 pm »

When Disney acquired Pixar, I was expecting things to go downhill, but they actually seem to have gone the other way...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42618 on: January 28, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »

If it makes you feel better, Vector, I can say that there are very few upsides to not having a scrap of fat on your body. It doesn't matter how many coats you wear, you will be cold all the time. Maybe not so bad around Berkeley, but up here in Washington it's not fun. I had two coats on and still only managed to stay outside at the Occupy rally for a few hours before I had to go home and warm up. Purple arms are a little too cool for me.

To cheer you up: You have a significantly higher chance of survival than I do if we both went to Antarctica, Greenland, Alaska, or a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland! Keep on having those beneficial human traits, lady.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42619 on: January 28, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »

When Disney acquired Pixar, I was expecting things to go downhill, but they actually seem to have gone the other way...
I can only hope the same for Marvel

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42620 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51:26 pm »

Well, if I ever meet that person, I will whip out my iPod and show it to them. And then smack them upside the head for missing out all those years.
May we never meet in person, then :P

I've been in the same room as someone else watching a movie a few times in the last year or two, but I think it's been... four, five years now since I've watched one of my own volition? Even with that, I've seen probably less than a dozen, maybe two, movies in the last decade or so.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, m'consumption of most forms of non-still visual media decreased after I stopped watching/owning (a) TV.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42621 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »

Damnit, i think i want to livestream this soon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42622 on: January 28, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »

Good idea. I would watch if my connection were good enough to allow streaming.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42623 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:29 pm »

Good idea. I would watch if my connection were good enough to allow streaming.
Na its gotta be tomorrow too tired now. this means i gotta resurrect my channel though, shoot me some movie ideas.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42624 on: January 29, 2012, 12:03:29 am »

I've been avoiding the sad thread for a couple days because I don't want the sad thread to make me sad, and there has been some bad stuff here. Posts from Truean and MaximumZero a couple days ago for example.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42625 on: January 29, 2012, 12:24:44 am »

If it makes you feel better, Vector, I can say that there are very few upsides to not having a scrap of fat on your body. It doesn't matter how many coats you wear, you will be cold all the time. Maybe not so bad around Berkeley, but up here in Washington it's not fun. I had two coats on and still only managed to stay outside at the Occupy rally for a few hours before I had to go home and warm up. Purple arms are a little too cool for me.

To cheer you up: You have a significantly higher chance of survival than I do if we both went to Antarctica, Greenland, Alaska, or a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland! Keep on having those beneficial human traits, lady.
If it makes you feel better, in the two forum games I tried to put together about B12ers stranded in the wilderness together, they never made it far enough for anyone to die. Hell, even in my Sims3 LP, no one died, although Xanatos Jr. came pretty close when he set himself on fire.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42626 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:38 am »

Not from lack of trying, mind you...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42627 on: January 29, 2012, 12:27:22 am »

You make a very valid point.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42628 on: January 29, 2012, 12:38:58 am »

Vector, if you are a stupid, bloated piece of trash, then I have a new goal in life. I am going to drink enough alcohol to give myself brain damage and a beer belly, and live in a dumpster. Because apparently stupid, bloated piece of trash is the way to go in order to be preposterously awesome.

... I hope that sounds as confidence-inspiring as I intend it to. Because seriously there is no part of that description that could possibly be used to describe you accurately, with the exception of the word "of".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42629 on: January 29, 2012, 01:48:01 am »

I logged onto my gaia account today, I used to play it with my ex fiance before she died, that was over a year ago and I hadn't played it since.  made me sad because it reminds me of her,  I've only been on one date in the last year, still not really over her death.. hadn't thought of it recently until today. but I guess it's always at the back of my mind. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:58:47 am by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 8167