Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455151 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12000 on: September 11, 2010, 06:40:10 pm »

It doesn't have to be like that you know! You're only one image search away from having your own!

Or you could upload a picture of yourself like I did, and use that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: September 11, 2010, 06:40:44 pm »

Or just download Paint.net and try to make somthing cool looking. It only took me about an hour or so to make mine, and I suck at art so bad it can make people's eyes bleed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: September 11, 2010, 06:42:40 pm »

I wanted to do a microcline colored zero (which is only used for coffins, by the way,) on a black background, but apparently I don't actually have the font that DF/Phoebus' pack uses on my computer. It would look funny either way, and I suck with GIMP, so I gave up. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: September 11, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »

Well, I found GIMP frustrating as all hell, being trained in only Photoshop, which I don't own. Paint.net is just as free as GIMP, and closer to the only programs I have experiance with, MS Paint and Photoshop. It's confusing, but nothing a few Youtube tutorials can't clear up.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: September 11, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »

MZ use this:
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: September 11, 2010, 06:51:46 pm »

I have never had an avatar on this forum. That makes me sad, all of the sudden.

Pick a theme and roll with it?  My first avatar was a honeydew melon, and ever since I've stuck to food (except for the night-blooming cereus and Rorschach riding a cow, of course).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: September 11, 2010, 06:55:23 pm »

We have a pile of wood out back, so one of our neighbors called and asked to load some on his truck. My dad answered the phone and accepted without telling any of us that he was coming to get some wood. So he comes and I take his word for it while being cautious. While he gets to work on the wood I called my father and get the story on this. This understandably ticks off my mother as we had no idea this big dude with a pickup truck was allowed to have out wood.
 So when my dad comes home my mother asks why he didn't tell us about it. He gets irritable and grumbled on how we got home late last night(From the funeral of her grandmother). She then asks why he didn't leave a note when he explodes, saying "Always on about lectures to me that I don't want to hear." Which is off for him to say, seeing as that is the only way he communicates with others. So my parents got into a fight with my mother saying how he always pulls this crap and how he does it to everybody else and how he won't accept any suggestions/criticisms from others, where my dad just repeated the same stuff about how he won't accept lectures over and over again with a more and more intense voice.
 And then my mother stormed off to do laundry  and he continued to do whatever he was doing in the kitchen.

Dammit dad.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: September 11, 2010, 06:55:58 pm »

You're welcome.

Sad: I couldn't understand Primer on the first viewing. I'm almost too afraid to watch it again.
Watch it again, it'll make more sense
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: September 11, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

Blah.
The stuff I've lived through made me a kind, maybe even a good, but certainly a weak person.

And my habit of overthinking everything, as well as my dualistic view of things, often result in apathy, preventing me from doing things which might be good for me.

Right now I'm still being shackled down by school, but this ought to end in a few days, giving me the possibility to do something about my state.

Don't be too quick to call yourself weak. Strength takes on many forms; in most cases, it's not something that you have, but something that you choose; the way you decide to react to difficulty. I don't consider myself particularly strong, but I know how to "pace myself" emotionally, when dealing with difficult things. A lot of times, this might look like apathy- and maybe it can be- but much like the body fatigues when overworked, you sometimes need emotional distance to "rest", when dealing with adversity.

Thanks too. I'm considering taking it down now... I think I just needed to organize that and get it out, since some related things have been on my mind lately... take what good I can find, and leave the rest in the past.

Either way, this was significantly cheaper than counseling, and nearly as useful. :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: September 11, 2010, 07:29:58 pm »

Today is the day to feel like an uneducated, uncultured ignoramus.  Tomorrow is hopefully a day to feel less foolish and make some more headway on the enormous list of things I need to know.

Goodness gracious, I'm such a fool.

Also, the fact that my only two female friends have suddenly hooked up with guys and will probably be spending the next however long they're dating giving me relationship advice kind of irritates me.  Yes, girls, I have dated before.  No, I don't think dating more will do much good, and no, I'm not going to go off into the handicapped pool just because you're happy in there.  Yes, I have a bad temper and a horrible personality, and am about as much of a homemaker/cute individual as you'd expect.  Tough :I  I know I look like an owl!  I know I have no sense of clothing coordination, and yes, I know I'm almost as flat-chested as a man.  That does not mean I am one, and it does not mean I want your face anywhere near my chest.  It still counts :I

Bite me, ladies.  I'll hook up with someone when and if I want to, and if that's in more than 20 years from now and you already have adorable squalling children, that doesn't particularly matter.

I think I need to go get a potted plant or something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: September 11, 2010, 07:33:21 pm »

Now that's just silly. Physical violence towards your friends is much more emotionally fufilling than gardening.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: September 11, 2010, 07:35:05 pm »

I think it would be even more gratifying if you recited that entire post to them next time they start.

That's not to say it'd be a good idea, of course...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: September 11, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »

You're welcome.

Sad: I couldn't understand Primer on the first viewing. I'm almost too afraid to watch it again.
Watch it again, it'll make more sense
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's "Moon", thank you very much.
"Primer" is about two engineers inventing time travel. It treats the viewer as an intelligent individual, which threw me completely off guard.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: September 11, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »

I'm sad that I'm such a hateful person that I feel deep resentment and sorrow whenever I see anyone else being happy. Even complete strangers, or just me entertaining the thought that there are people significantly happier than I am, that don't have to expend as much effort being that way.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: September 11, 2010, 07:47:12 pm »

I'm sad that I'm such a hateful person that I feel deep resentment and sorrow whenever I see anyone else being happy. Even complete strangers, or just me entertaining the thought that there are people significantly happier than I am, that don't have to expend as much effort being that way.
Cheer up! You could happen to be a person that feels happy when seeing other people's sorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 8167