Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7307 7308 [7309] 7310 7311 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474977 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109620 on: December 17, 2016, 07:16:30 pm »

I was listening to Joanna Newsom's Emily, a song that always makes me wistful. I read a comment below and saw when it was written.
2006. I was eight years old.
I am struck by how much my life and the world in general changed since then.

YouCouldHaveStoppedThis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109621 on: December 17, 2016, 08:02:02 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:34:52 am by Toady One »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109622 on: December 17, 2016, 11:50:27 pm »

grisha5
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #109623 on: December 18, 2016, 12:08:42 am »

This seems petty next to the things people have to endure, but I may as well rant...

It seems that when wolves travel in packs, they become a lot sloppier - the Assassins Creed 3 Wolfpack game mode is highlighted by rushed kills.

When its a normal multiplayer match (which is worryingly hard to come by) they're perfectly capable of hiding and even toying with their targets, but once they get landed on a team and have to cooperate the ability to press Spacebar rather than Shift is suddenly beyond them.

Assassin or Templar? In this instance, a worrying number of Wolfpack players are fit for neither.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109624 on: December 18, 2016, 12:18:25 am »

IDK, maybe there are more differences between the players of both game modes. Perhaps those with better skills are more confident to play the regular multiplayer, while those who are weaker prefer the team game.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109625 on: December 18, 2016, 12:35:32 am »

*hugs TherosPherae*

I'm so sorry :(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109626 on: December 19, 2016, 02:42:18 am »

After finally getting all the required paperwork, which took months, and getting the money together, which took a gift from my boss, I come to the office to apply for permanent residency on the last day I'm allowed to without applying for a visa extension, and their network is down.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109627 on: December 19, 2016, 03:50:09 am »

That's like completely out of your control. They'll have to extend your application period until their system is back up.
That being said, waiting till the very last moment isn't very wise, they might use that as an argument against you.

In any case, go back there. Don't leave until they help you. You shouldn't be home posting on forums now, you should be sitting and waiting in protest at the office.

Also, try another clerk. Are you sure their system is down and you didn't just encounter a Trump supporter working at the office?

EDIT: at the very least, make them write and sign a form of proof that you were there, and their system failed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:54:42 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109628 on: December 19, 2016, 09:13:06 am »

I was posting from the phone, actually.

And I did go back, after calling to check to make sure their system was back up after lunch.

...and they had a problem with my papers that they neglected to mention the other few times I went there.

Apparently my residency permit is using the archaic paper system, and I need to convert it to digital.

While doing that, I also need co convert my visa from student to X, and extend it.

THEN I can get the application done, unless they find some new hoop they want me to jump through.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109629 on: December 19, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »

Fuck.
I just want to die. I want it all to stop.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109630 on: December 19, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »

I know the feeling. But I can assure you that you don't actually want to die. Because that sucks harder than anything else.

Your hardships will pass, eventually. You'll be okay. And well be there for you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109631 on: December 19, 2016, 06:59:52 pm »

I am now pretty sure that I can't kill myself because I'm already dead and this is what they prepared for me in hell.

First I was basically told to fuck off in the hospital so I had to spend whole day begging doctors to at least give me something to survive until I work something out. I can live with that, it's mostly dealing with idiots and ridiculous laws so I can do something about. Those hardships will not pass and throw me in a grave sooner or later, but I guess I could give a shit to make it later.
But then everything about the second thing, all the carefully made balance fell and I'm now losing last parts of my sanity, I'm pretty sure. I'm wondering if I care enough to not lose my dignity too, but at this point it's like trying to punch a wall into submission. Those hardships might pass but before that I will become a human trainwreck and I think I already went off the tracks.

Also, dying doesn't suck. Major part (and incentive) of dying is that it's lack of sucking. It's lack of good things. It's nothing.

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109632 on: December 19, 2016, 11:25:29 pm »

IMO existence is inherently better than inexistence, but meh, I haven't had that bad of a life by any measure, so perhaps I'd think differently if I'd lived differently.

I was feeling numb and couldn't really tell why I was doing anything, then I listened to sad music and then I cried and I'm not quite sure why but I'm feeling sad but that's better than before.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109633 on: December 20, 2016, 09:11:58 pm »

Fuck.
I just want to die. I want it all to stop.
Cmon Kot. Do you think that's what the Emperor would want from one of his most fervant and loyal servers? If you weren't to be here I'm sure heresy will quickly overcome several threads here.
Not to mention you are a human. The current peak of millions of years of evolution. Do not revel in self deprecation anymore!
Certainly, this too shall pass my good men.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:13:57 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109634 on: December 20, 2016, 09:41:35 pm »

As a filthy Gue'vesa, I sympathize and also hope you pull through.  Fellow human.

It's already the day...  I'm driving to my hometown tomorrow morning, and staying until the 26th at least.
fuck
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
I have to drive my actual friends to a cool thing tomorrow, though!

Then technically I can just fuck off, if I want...
I made it clear I don't want gifts, and so did my aunt who is hosting dad's X-mas.
Yet my dad and mom have made it VERY clear that they're getting me a bunch of gifts.  I know exactly what I'm getting from dad, in fact, because he went to a gamestop and asked me if I had X about 10 times.

I'm... 30.  I literally don't have to deal with this, yet I am supposed to deal with this.
*deep breathe*  I can always just leave...  If that's what I want...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7307 7308 [7309] 7310 7311 ... 8167