Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7255 7256 [7257] 7258 7259 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496414 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108840 on: November 06, 2016, 08:32:27 pm »

It is possible to break free!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108841 on: November 06, 2016, 09:24:26 pm »

From my point of view, the understanding itself is incredibly wonderful. To be able to look at the world and understand the mechanics that make it go is amazing.
That's good too, perhaps even better, but the "wonder" (by definition, even) can only really happen if you do not have a complete understanding. At least that's my experience.

I suppose it might be semantics and minor definition-differences. Understanding what makes everything tick gives me a sense of awe but not wonder.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108842 on: November 06, 2016, 09:31:01 pm »

Definitely semantics at this stage.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108843 on: November 06, 2016, 10:01:58 pm »

*hugs Gunner-Chan*

You are neither an idiot nor an asshole from what I've seen of you.  Have you considered going out and trying to meet new people?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108844 on: November 06, 2016, 10:18:05 pm »

Francis, the doggy host of Cooking With Dog, passed away at nearly 15 years old. This show brought me a lot of joy, and I knew Francis was old but it still hit really hard.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108845 on: November 06, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »

You are neither an idiot nor an asshole from what I've seen of you.  Have you considered going out and trying to meet new people?

The first is because honestly, I restrain myself a lot on here. I honestly don't know why I keep coming back to post here to be 100% honest given I just literally end up pissed off at everyone or feel I have nothing to say.

And I don't really live in a big town, and at that I was banned from the only pair of bars here like years ago. Plus I don't have any real transportation. I mean I could walk but then checking out any individual place would become a day long ordeal, I live so far from everything.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108846 on: November 07, 2016, 12:12:36 am »

Janet you don't need to go to a bar to find new people, only a certain type frequent them and seeing as you got banned from previous ones is that a good place to go yourself??
Maybe stop filtering yourself? I would like to see your posts unbridled and you could get yourself banned so you don't have to return?
I never have great advice but you seem like a cool chick without having met you.
Maybe you could get a bicycle so that cuts the day trips? It would also get endorphins pumping so you feel good when you get to your destination.
Don't let yourself fall into the pit of inactivity and the self destruction loop it causes.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108847 on: November 07, 2016, 12:17:44 am »

The thing is if I'm out, already uncomfortable and so on I'd rather be in a place it's okay to drink.

Moot point anyway, people around town don't seem very worthwhile to talk to in my experience over these years.

Edit: Wait you registered this month, why the fuck are you calling me Janet?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:28:46 am by Gunner-Chan »

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh
« Reply #108848 on: November 07, 2016, 12:35:42 am »

Maybe carry a hipflask and hit it when you want?
I used to do the drinking to losen up method, sure I'm a terrible polyaddict but it works.
I live in a small town aswell and most people are arseholes so I can partially understand your view point, but you wont find any friend material without looking.
You also wont find any here, I would know. I've tried.

You seem like a strong woman Janet, you just need to tap into that power

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108849 on: November 07, 2016, 12:36:24 am »

Pathos strikes again...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pathos?
« Reply #108850 on: November 07, 2016, 12:42:39 am »

I have been reading these forums for a good 4 years.
I registered to talk to myself Yoink and Soli
I also have a great memory for people and remember stupid details.
But sure I will take Pathos fame

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Oh
« Reply #108851 on: November 07, 2016, 12:45:51 am »

fite me 1v1 m8

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What? Nine thousand!
« Reply #108852 on: November 07, 2016, 12:48:28 am »

My KDR is 3 and I love physical fights, so sure I will oblige you.
Just be warned my power level is well over 9000

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108853 on: November 07, 2016, 12:50:02 am »

Apparently not hard enough.  >x(

@GC:Bars aren't the only places to meet people.  Do you like tabletop RPGs?  Maybe go find one of those in your area.  And I must admit, I'm kind of wondering what you've held back :v
Maybe venting a little would help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108854 on: November 07, 2016, 12:56:12 am »

I really like TRPGs, the only problem is there's no groups around here for that sorta thing. The only one there was existed back when I was little, and we'd meet at a pizza place and play AD&D2nd edition.

That group and even the pizza place are both long gone, I tried making some after the fact but they were short lived.

It wouldn't exactly be conductive to anything to describe the things I've decided not to say here.

And yeah, on the topic I've sorta made almost all the close friends I've had (and lost) because of this place. Even owl turned out to have lurked and enjoyed some of my posts, which was kinda crazy to find out.
Pages: 1 ... 7255 7256 [7257] 7258 7259 ... 8168