Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7108 7109 [7110] 7111 7112 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446805 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106635 on: August 09, 2016, 11:21:10 pm »

People also get killed by falling meteorites, so you'd better watch the skies
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106636 on: August 09, 2016, 11:37:42 pm »

Let's maybe not completely trivialize it man :P

Legit concerns, but I think you're worrying too much about what might happen, DL. You even admitted it is unlikely something in the outside will happen, and if they have come out as gay on their own, I can't imagine they feel uncomfortable about it in their own mind, so suicide seems super unlikely.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106637 on: August 09, 2016, 11:53:07 pm »

*hugs Shook*
I'm sorry for your loss.

*offers platonic hug to The Scout*
...That sucks.  If you want to, you can PM me.

@Tiruin:  :(
*hugs*
I hope reasons stop being that bad of a problem soon, whatever they are.  And, well, if you think it'd help you can PM me.    It's the least I could offer, considering everything you've done for everybody.

@Dozebôm:Yes, something could happen, but it's not really likely something will happen.  I'd say it's much more like an infinitesimal than not.  Especially since he's comfortable enough with his environment to openly come out, as others have said.

But what could you possibly be guilty of?  You didn't do anything to him, dude.  And obviously you didn't abandon him because of this.  So, just, like, be his friend.  That's all you should ask of yourself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106638 on: August 10, 2016, 01:38:47 pm »

People also get killed by falling meteorites, so you'd better watch the skies

Actually, I wonder if the very occasional loss of a large number of people to major meteorites will fuck up the statistics of death-by-astronomy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106639 on: August 10, 2016, 01:47:53 pm »

Unless you count Class 9, I don't think meteors would cause significant deaths. And if you count Class 9 then civilization would be too collapsed to keep statistics.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106640 on: August 10, 2016, 01:48:51 pm »

IIRC there're no  recorded human meteorite deaths to date... not saying it never happened, but we certainly don't know that it happened.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106641 on: August 10, 2016, 01:59:58 pm »

There is that guy who's house has been hit by like ten meteors, though. It's only a matter of time until they get their revenge.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #106642 on: August 10, 2016, 02:15:49 pm »

I feel guilty because I'm different in a way that's invisible, that nobody cares about, that nobody's going to lecture me about, saying that it's wrong. His whole life, he'll have to work harder just to be equal. And I get equality for free.

That's the guilt.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #106643 on: August 10, 2016, 02:31:05 pm »

Everyone's invisibly different. Some people more so than others. It's okay. That's the way of the world.

If something bothers you, fight it. Don't sit around wishing you were worse off so you wouldn't feel bad. Do something.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106644 on: August 10, 2016, 03:01:47 pm »

I feel guilty because I'm different in a way that's invisible, that nobody cares about, that nobody's going to lecture me about, saying that it's wrong. His whole life, he'll have to work harder just to be equal. And I get equality for free.

That's the guilt.

I hear people do get bent out of shape about other folks being asexual, though. Try telling people, maybe you'll be surprised!

Besides, gayness or lack thereof is also pretty much invisible unless you make sure to inform people about it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106645 on: August 10, 2016, 05:04:01 pm »

That's the guilt.

I hear people do get bent out of shape about other folks being asexual, though. Try telling people, maybe you'll be surprised!

Besides, gayness or lack thereof is also pretty much invisible unless you make sure to inform people about it.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106646 on: August 10, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »

My brain's fallen into one of those 'You're lonely!' ditches again. Blech, sorely tempted to go to sleep so that it goes away.
Aww.  *platonic hugs*
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106647 on: August 10, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »

I know the feel.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106648 on: August 10, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

Unless you live in Belarus or Egypt or something, you're unlikely to find someone being killed for being gay
what
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #106649 on: August 10, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »

I live the feel.

Also, there are several cases of violence against gay people in the US. It's just not quite as prevalent as in other places.

(methinks I smell a relative privation rearing its fallacious head)

But it was intended to soothe irrational fears, so I don't mind. It's not saying "anti-gay violence in the US isn't a problem since it's not as bad as in Country X," it's saying "it's not really likely to happen, unless you live in country X."
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 7108 7109 [7110] 7111 7112 ... 8167