Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7103 7104 [7105] 7106 7107 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443206 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106560 on: August 06, 2016, 07:28:01 am »

It seems my worst fear is going to be realized. Now that I have moved to Germany it's worrying to see that Nazi ideals are getting popular again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106561 on: August 06, 2016, 07:37:17 am »

Not even going to bother because apparently nobody seems to be getting my damn point.
the point being that solving widespread racist violence shouldn't ever inconvenience white people?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106562 on: August 06, 2016, 07:41:17 am »

Not even going to bother because apparently nobody seems to be getting my damn point.
That being a jerk to you doesn't make you want to help them, and they're shooting themselves in the foot, no matter how "noble" their cause? Nope, I get that.

It's not that greatorder doesn't want coverage for the "cause," it's that he wants coverage that doesn't instantly turn people against them.

I know I'm fairly angry about the Heathrow thing, because my brother was caught in it for ages.

Blocking off a main road like that seems less protesting, and more public nuisance. They should try getting the balance right - maybe less public nuisance, more protesting. And not, you know, filming everything in the hope that the police will be violent towards you for doing something you shouldn't be doing.

- In other words, do a peaceful march, send out leaflets, organise tea parties to talk about the plight of the black man. Don't peeve off the people you want to help you.

the point being that solving widespread racist violence shouldn't ever inconvenience white people?
Nooooooo....the point being widespread racist violence won't be solved by inconveniencing people. It just stirs up resentment - even a black man is going to be angry if hugely inconvenienced by, say, the road from Heathrow being blocked.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106563 on: August 06, 2016, 07:57:03 am »

yeah and they tried the alternative but then absolutely nothing fucking changed

why do you think theyre doing this. this isnt their plan a

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106564 on: August 06, 2016, 08:28:02 am »

I think you're underestimating the power of tea parties and sternly worded leaflets :P
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106565 on: August 06, 2016, 08:32:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Keep at it, don't give up. Context-wise, maybe the 'least' of it is something he already has an impression on, so that affects his response; move from how that progresses into the problems you've got--suggestably, do it with support, or talk to other family members. A key point is seeking aid with these circumstances, as well as communicating your point in a way for the receiver to understand; if you think you're being brushed off, you can mention that you're explaining these things to show that how they're responding isn't helping you much.
Saying nothing however, may keep you from knowing what'll even happen if you did.

Not even touching how I've repeatedly stood up for innocent until proven guilty, it's different with a drug habit.[...]
.____.
Totally reminds me of one of the big things (*drugs) being reported about my country right now. It's coming off as a big surprise for most people in seeing the widespread rate of drug usage--I've been into the news a lot lately, and one of the respected columnist writers detailed it well; a fairly subtle problem being widespread, until when being dealt with, will show itself as a whole instead of by-parts.
Makes me really sad how many people are being affected by it (surfacing in how far and deep it goes), but that continues from years ago--*really* hoping the current administration aims to confront the roots; aim for the demand, rather than the supply, and reinforce behavior and attitude.

I think you're underestimating the power of tea parties and sternly worded leaflets :P
* Tiruin bops everytime people say 'nothing'. Them words can be used a lot better than pushing away the parts of progress unseen or regarded as minor, because the result doesn't match the expected outcome.
In a way as an aside, it's going to affect one's own perception how those are being used. Usually always better to examine the process than criticize the result alone. ._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106566 on: August 06, 2016, 08:45:44 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106567 on: August 06, 2016, 09:27:01 am »

My foot has been injured, I'm sick, my family hates each other, and I lack friends due to living like a hermit. And I may have been targeted by an organization.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106568 on: August 06, 2016, 12:00:32 pm »

I'm not discussing why they're doing it. I'm saying that their actions are definitely not good for their cause. Don't bite the hand that you want to feed you. I'm not talking about how morally justified their actions are. It's practicality. Tactics. Common sense.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106569 on: August 06, 2016, 12:13:31 pm »

Take it to the BLM thread while it's still open, people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106570 on: August 06, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »

Well, my (maybe not any longer) best friend is kind of drifting away. He started dating and as such we started spending less time together. Now, that's to be expected so I didn't care that much. Thing is, a pair of mutual acquaintances contacted me because they feel like he's distancing himself from them too and is, in their words, "going down a bad path". They also asked me when was the last time I talked to him and it hit me that we had basically talked 3 times in about 2 months, I had initiated the conversations each time, and it was pretty damn brief. They pointed me to some pictures this friend had uploaded and apparently, in addition to distancing him from his old friends, the girlfriend also: got him into goth stuff (don't care), and into smoking (do care). They said they were going to try and talk to his parents to see if anything could be done about it, but I thought, and still think, that it will end up with him cutting ties with us for good.

This may not be tears-level stuff (not too much stuff is for me), but still a bit melancholic. Oh well, we had a good run and it could've ended (and still can end) in far worse ways.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106571 on: August 06, 2016, 08:46:33 pm »

Well.
This seems to be pretty much as bad as I was expecting it to be, after all, despite seeming surprisingly not-awfu
This post was going to be the start of quite a long whine.
Suffice it to say my new living situation is proving to be even worse than the one I decided I needed a fresh start from. And now I can't go back.
Why am I such an idiot? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. Probably got dropped on my head too many times as a baby or something.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #106572 on: August 06, 2016, 09:41:29 pm »

Well, my (maybe not any longer) best friend is kind of drifting away. He started dating and as such we started spending less time together. Now, that's to be expected so I didn't care that much. Thing is, a pair of mutual acquaintances contacted me because they feel like he's distancing himself from them too and is, in their words, "going down a bad path". They also asked me when was the last time I talked to him and it hit me that we had basically talked 3 times in about 2 months, I had initiated the conversations each time, and it was pretty damn brief. They pointed me to some pictures this friend had uploaded and apparently, in addition to distancing him from his old friends, the girlfriend also: got him into goth stuff (don't care), and into smoking (do care). They said they were going to try and talk to his parents to see if anything could be done about it, but I thought, and still think, that it will end up with him cutting ties with us for good.

This may not be tears-level stuff (not too much stuff is for me), but still a bit melancholic. Oh well, we had a good run and it could've ended (and still can end) in far worse ways.

People change, the best thing you can do is support his intellegent decisions and help guide him through bad ones.
You both sound young, under 20 im guessing.
I have no friends that I had at school. People move on, dont let it break you learn from it.
I hope i helped
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106573 on: August 06, 2016, 10:11:25 pm »

You both sound young, under 20 im guessing.
If you check my profile, I'm 22. He's a year younger.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106574 on: August 07, 2016, 01:31:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7103 7104 [7105] 7106 7107 ... 8167