Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6835 6836 [6837] 6838 6839 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432041 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102540 on: February 29, 2016, 05:08:41 am »

Read about those stupid chain email emails. This means that I will not sleep tonight even though some quick, and remarkably shitty, maths shows that the sheer number of murders, unexplained or otherwise, means that these things are literally impossible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102541 on: February 29, 2016, 06:37:27 pm »

Upon reflection I wasted three days. I don't regret so much the money spent on the workshop I went to, wasn't all that much anyway, and I got to see family there anyhow, but I missed an opportunity. I can even pinpoint the exact moment.
Ah well. No going back on that, though I rather wish I could.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #102542 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »

I played Pom Gets Wifi. I got the bad ending.
;-;
Dangit why do you have to make shibe kill, Pom. So mean. I even sat through the entire speech, but Pom still attacked anyway. :<

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102543 on: February 29, 2016, 10:01:26 pm »

Blah, I can't into the geometry required for this art idea. Who among us could have guessed that mapping points from one edge of a crescent to the other so that a seamless pattern can be created with another, smaller crescent located within whatever-you-call-the-space-between-horns that has been rotated with respect to the first, would turn out to be a challenge I can't intuitively solve with the GIMP equivalent of a ruler and compass?

EDIT: I do have a workaround in mind but it'll require me to start over so that differing rounding errors don't prevent the pattern from matching up with the crescents. Also I explained this really badly.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:03:50 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102544 on: February 29, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »

*gear grinding noises*
+++Out Of Cheese Error.  Redo From Start+++
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102545 on: February 29, 2016, 10:16:22 pm »

Oh god, the past two days I've been gripped with ravenous hunger. I think I've eaten double, at least one and a half. Fuck me, I'm never eating again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102546 on: February 29, 2016, 10:24:04 pm »

Uh kinda same, I sorta discovered how easy it is to make grilled cheese in a pan.  So full...
Making matters worse, I got white bread by accident and I'm not used to how sweet and tender it is.

Edit:  Oh wow I meant grilled cheese *sandwiches*, I wasn't making chupaquesos.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:20:35 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102547 on: February 29, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »

Oh god, the past two days I've been gripped with ravenous hunger. I think I've eaten double, at least one and a half. Fuck me, I'm never eating again.
Better start looking for Mr. Eaten's name.

On my end, a possible cavity with a popcorn kernel stuck inside, absolutely unholy insomnia  (When I do sleep, I either force myself awake after experiencing sleep paralysis or my body wakes I self up after nearly suffocating in my sleep), and a stomach ache. The above to wait for and my stomach decides "fuck you and your particular choices in food today". Yeah, well screw you too, stomach.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102548 on: February 29, 2016, 11:38:15 pm »

My own mind. It terrifies me. The knowledge locked in here could be dangerous. For me, and many other people. It's a good thing we don't have mind reading machines yet.

*checks google*

Nevermind. They exist to some extent. More are planned.

These damn "daydreams" are annoying as hell too. Why TF do you want to show me everyone dying, you stupid brain?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102549 on: March 01, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »

randomly crossed my crush in the street today

it sort of makes me sad that this even still is a sad, but it's on top of a lot of minor bs that happened today

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102550 on: March 01, 2016, 03:19:59 pm »

I don't want to go give a speech today. I am tired and sad and my back hurts.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102551 on: March 01, 2016, 06:47:59 pm »

I kinda just wish this trip was over, so I could be home focus on trying to get my life together... but then I always plan on doing that, and it never happens. I never improve anything. Ugh, I don't think it's ever going to get better. I will probably just get home and resume lazing around there instead of here.

At least I won't have any real pressure to do anything or go anywhere... usually.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102552 on: March 01, 2016, 07:17:28 pm »

I wish I could sleep for the full 8 hours the human body supposedly needs. But no, my brain has to keep me up till 4 or 5 in the morning just to wake me up in another 4-5 hours.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102553 on: March 01, 2016, 07:18:25 pm »

I wish I could sleep for the full 8 hours the human body supposedly needs. But no, my brain has to keep me up till 4 or 5 in the morning just to wake me up in another 4-5 hours.
So much feeling your (or similar) pain.  Too much homework, not enough time...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102554 on: March 01, 2016, 08:56:47 pm »

I don't enjoy this whole 'enter into a depressed state for around an hour' bullshit my psyche's been pulling recently. I know exactly why it's happening - I don't have much of an emotional connection with anyone save for the person I've yammered on about my troubles with in this thread so much, and I feel ignored because I attempt to communicate with them much more than they do with me because they're busy with school and their far larger social circle, and jealous because I often witness them communicating with other people via text messages and such when I see them in person, which spawns thoughts of 'why can't they do that for me' which is wholly disingenuous because they do, I just feel dissatisfied with the level of communication I get because I'm emotionally compromised and want more than I get despite my best efforts to impress upon my mind the rational explanation for all this - but I can't really stop it because my subconscious desires or whatever you'd call them aren't able to be swayed by reason. It's frustrating to not have control over my own thoughts and wants, and thus to feel backlash from failing to fulfil conditions I never consciously set in the first place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 6835 6836 [6837] 6838 6839 ... 8167