Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6834 6835 [6836] 6837 6838 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431665 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102525 on: February 28, 2016, 07:57:06 pm »

Take a day off?

I already make barely enough money working around my classes, taking a day off would be pretty catastrophic
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102526 on: February 28, 2016, 08:00:06 pm »

Why did I even get up today. All I've done is take an hour-long car ride from one parent's to another, and then sit one my computer and waste time. When I know I have homework due tomorrow, I just don't want to do it. Why the fuck do I do anything anymore...It's all just a waste in the end...
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102527 on: February 28, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »

I already make barely enough money working around my classes, taking a day off would be pretty catastrophic
Wait, you don't get paid holidays?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #102528 on: February 28, 2016, 08:29:57 pm »

ALSO the Spanish Inquisition gave you a warning if they were going to go and inquisition you, so you could prepare for them and prove your piousness.
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102529 on: February 28, 2016, 09:48:38 pm »

Wait, you don't get paid holidays?

Hell no. Even if I were sick, I lose the $70 or so from that day. And if I want food stamps as a student, I have to work 40 hours a week AND take full time classes every term. Can't have the underclass aspiring to improve themselves, can we?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102530 on: February 28, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »

Holy crap that sucks, wow.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102531 on: February 28, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »

Holy crap that sucks, wow.
*applies hugs to itisnotlogical*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102532 on: February 28, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »

Can't have the underclass aspiring to improve themselves, can we?

Obviously. Lower-class rabble succeeding in our jobs? Why, it's unconscionable!

Seriously though, that sucks.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102533 on: February 28, 2016, 10:34:50 pm »

do you even sleep? :o

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102534 on: February 28, 2016, 11:42:07 pm »

I am so stressed out from college. Physics and calculus. Constant shit-tons of homework. I barely understand either and barely manage to complete most -not all of it, not understanding all of it, just MOST of it- of the work before needing to turn it in and get the next shit-ton. It's driving me insane.

And for what? Why am I doing this? Because college requirements mandate that I get these credits. In order to get a degree that may or may not help me get a job doing shit I may or may not like, in order to provide an income in order to be able to live, so that I can live a life of working until I die.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #102535 on: February 28, 2016, 11:48:07 pm »

I am so stressed out from college. Physics and calculus. Constant shit-tons of homework. I barely understand either and barely manage to complete most -not all of it, not understanding all of it, just MOST of it- of the work before needing to turn it in and get the next shit-ton. It's driving me insane.

And for what? Why am I doing this? Because college requirements mandate that I get these credits. In order to get a degree that may or may not help me get a job doing shit I may or may not like, in order to provide an income in order to be able to live, so that I can live a life of working until I die.

What major are you pursuing? Did you pick it or did your parents?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102536 on: February 28, 2016, 11:53:10 pm »

Are you motivated into learning the abstract ideas underlying your subjects or are you presented to the rote memory form of LEARN THIS AND YOU SHALL BE GRADED kind of learning? :-\ Understanding these things equal the foundation of getting to love and non-stress yourself in facing them ._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102537 on: February 29, 2016, 12:27:42 am »

Computer science. Parents have no influence in it, aside from agreeing that choosing compsci is probably more likely to get me a job than a music degree, which was my first choice. I barely do music stuff and I'm more interested in programming and AI / robots, so compsci seems reasonable. I've heard a lot about how on one hand compsci is supposedly the most promising field in terms of growth and job availability or whatever buzzwords, and on the other hand it's becoming an oversaturated field and the job market is shit everywhere and blah blah blah everything sucks blah blah blah shit out of luck.

Are you motivated into learning the abstract ideas underlying your subjects or are you presented to the rote memory form of LEARN THIS AND YOU SHALL BE GRADED kind of learning? :-\ Understanding these things equal the foundation of getting to love and non-stress yourself in facing them ._.
Neither class really has the time in the schedule to go into detail on the abstract ideas of why stuff works. It's crammed as shit and each class boils down to rushing through the new material scheduled for the day and assigning homework. Both teachers are shit rather poor at explaining things and have thick accents and poor speaking skills, which makes the classes harder.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102538 on: February 29, 2016, 12:40:21 am »

Neither class really has the time in the schedule to go into detail on the abstract ideas of why stuff works. It's crammed as shit and each class boils down to rushing through the new material scheduled for the day and assigning homework. Both teachers are shit rather poor at explaining things and have thick accents and poor speaking skills, which makes the classes harder.
There's a math thread here if you've any questions to ask--the curriculum is made in such a way that you can post about your syllabus before the lesson proper is given in class so you've foreknowledge into facing what will happen :3
The last sentence was a complaint I heard a lot from my classmates and others before; are you able to form study groups and tackle the problems as a team? That's what kept our first batch of graduates having a near 0% failure rate, because they learned how to work together and study-group it on, as one significant factor.
Next is bouncing off ideas: Some teachers...aren't that good in getting parallel thinking to their students, so this gap of pedagogical content knowledge (basically how efficient a teacher can dispense understanding in varied situations regardless of their background) may cause this problem; are you able to meet your professors/instructors in their free time and discuss the topic you don't understand with them? Do they usually ask 'Does anyone have any questions' at the end of//after discussing the lesson? (usually silence means 'no', rather than 'we've no idea what to ask because we don't understand :-\')
Are you able to meet with folks there (classmates, schoolmates of higher year level, other friendly teachers, etc...) who are able to broach this abstracted ladder of understanding to ease comprehension and learning to achieve that 'AHA' or 'Oh so that's how it works -_-;' moment? Universities commonly have those people (as well as same-school department interyear level aid, meaning the older years make a second family with the younger years and open up that they can be approached anytime if they have troubles).

For pertinence: I'm reminded of not-really-good experiences within my college calculus class, because the teacher came off as rude to me <_> (sometimes had 'green' jokes or jokes that didn't really sound "OK" to mention in public, and would call me out when I thought out loud [but non-disruptive]). The class was fun because I loved math in all it's forms, but the teacher made me anxious everytime I entered ._.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:43:48 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #102539 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:03 am »

I find myself drained of all motivation to program anything...

x_x

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6834 6835 [6836] 6837 6838 ... 8167