Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6807 6808 [6809] 6810 6811 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437223 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102120 on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:01 pm »

My ex just told me, without saying the exact words but everything that means it, that she's given up on life... She doesn't want to accept things will get better, she accepts that she's going to die young, she accepts she's going to feel pain until she dies, and she accepts that she won't do anything with her life because of her problems.

It's like watching someone taking their last moments in life before they die, begging for that final rest, except they still have years on their life left to live.

And there isn't a damn thing I can do. I can't make her laugh, I can't encourage her to do things, I can't even hug her and tell her that things will be alright. I fucking hate it.

This is the same thing that happened with that girl I fell head over heels for, except I know for a fact that my ex isn't lying about this (unlike that girl, who I don't know what to believe anymore with her...). I fucking want to do something, but all she wants me to do is sit around her, near her, don't talk to her, don't do anything and don't leave without her knowing... I'm getting fucked up thoughts in my head, thinking shes doing it because she doesn't want to die alone, or that she doesn't know any better and doesn't want to put the effort to do anything else. She never goes outside her room, she barely does anything but watch TV over and over, and the only times she leaves her room, she goes to work or school, and goes right back home...

I'm scared for her and I can't do a fucking thing but watch her be in pain and suffer...

Yeah, so, get help.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102121 on: February 18, 2016, 12:08:03 am »

[...]
And there isn't a damn thing I can do. I can't make her laugh, I can't encourage her to do things, I can't even hug her and tell her that things will be alright. I fucking hate it.
[...]
While you may not think you're able to do these things--what you can do is direct her to help; if one has given up their personal will to live, support them by sending and seeking aid from others. Don't hate yourself if things you can do seem to have no effect--moods and reasoning and association all make it seem complex to work with.

Please aid her by seeking aid. :-\ I don't know the context and I believe it is better if you used your context with her in the setting over there to get help, contact any person able to aid her that she has access to (ie School services if she's enrolled in one, or the local clinics, etc...)

Don't hurt yourself because of this.

She is seeing a therapist to deal with her emotional stuff, and I'm fucking proud of her for doing it, but god damnit...

If this therapist thing falls through, then there is not a damn thing I can do except bring her to brentwood... She needs help that I can't give her other than directing her places, and I know because of how extreme it can be, Brentwood will scare her away.

My ex just told me, without saying the exact words but everything that means it, that she's given up on life... She doesn't want to accept things will get better, she accepts that she's going to die young, she accepts she's going to feel pain until she dies, and she accepts that she won't do anything with her life because of her problems.

It's like watching someone taking their last moments in life before they die, begging for that final rest, except they still have years on their life left to live.

This is the same thing that happened with that girl I fell head over heels for, except I know for a fact that my ex isn't lying about this (unlike that girl, who I don't know what to believe anymore with her...). I fucking want to do something, but all she wants me to do is sit around her, near her, don't talk to her, don't do anything and don't leave without her knowing... I'm getting fucked up thoughts in my head, thinking shes doing it because she doesn't want to die alone, or that she doesn't know any better and doesn't want to put the effort to do anything else. She never goes outside her room, she barely does anything but watch TV over and over, and the only times she leaves her room, she goes to work or school, and goes right back home...

I'm scared for her and I can't do a fucking thing but watch her be in pain and suffer...

Yeah, so, get help.
I don't know what you're referring to, and I hope you're not being a goof right now...

@highmax:

I wish I could help you more but...Mostly, my only suggestion is, get her a gift or something.  Anonymously if need be.  Might snap her out of it.  Possibly, chocolate.  I seriously...I don't know.
I don't know either, and I brought her some brownies today to kind of help distract her, plus I gave her my favorite graphic novel about Thor to kind of make her day, but fuck... Nothing seems to make her smile anymore... Deadpool made her laugh when we saw it, but after we left, just as we went to the car, she immediately went back to feeling like shit and being down again...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102122 on: February 18, 2016, 12:25:47 am »

Well, shit. I thought I had issues, but damn. I'm going to shut the fuck up from here on out and deal.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102123 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:13 am »

Well, shit. I thought I had issues, but damn. I'm going to shut the fuck up from here on out and deal.
No one is saying your issues don't matter. If they do, I'm pretty sure their ass needs to be handed to them...

Things like what makes you sad doesn't mean you're any less of a person than me, or Cinder or Tirurin or anyone else.

We may have problems that seem bigger and worse than yours , but that doesn't mean you have problems too.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT I HAVE A SLIDESHOW DUE TOMORROW IT'S 11 PM AND i HAVEN'T STARTED SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

As for this, I suggest you get started on it instead of panicking. Do your best! That's all you have to do. Just know its going to take you a few hours. I reccomend epic music to push you forward. Blind Guardian is a suggestion, but its metal (and not many people like metal...)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102124 on: February 18, 2016, 02:08:23 am »

The sad thread is not a contest to see who has the most sad of sads.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102125 on: February 18, 2016, 02:12:34 am »

Says you.

There was a really good recording of a song I like that got taken down from Youtube. Now I can't find anything beyond really crappy versions. Moral of the story: Pirate things you don't want to lose. All of them. You never know when DMCA bullshit will wreck your day.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102126 on: February 18, 2016, 02:14:42 am »

This is true. It's a thread that you tell things that made you sad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Says you.

There was a really good recording of a song I like that got taken down from Youtube. Now I can't find anything beyond really crappy versions. Moral of the story: Pirate things you don't want to lose. All of them. You never know when DMCA bullshit will wreck your day.
As someone who solely listens to music via YouTube, I feel your pain.

I wouldn't suggest pirating people you don't want to lose, however - people don't usually appreciate being cloned without consent for some reason. Something about 'violates my individuality' or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102127 on: February 18, 2016, 02:17:22 am »

Always ask for consent before plundering their booty.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102128 on: February 18, 2016, 02:18:03 am »

Says you.
fite me m8

there's starvin kids in africa somewhere so all of our sad emotions are meaningless and invalidated
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102129 on: February 18, 2016, 02:28:50 am »

I don't know what you're referring to, and I hope you're not being a goof right now...

No. Just saying that help with such problems must be obtained, without much of a clear idea of what form that should take, or what else you're already doing.

I try not to make jokes when things are legitimately serious.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #102130 on: February 18, 2016, 02:39:03 am »

This is true. It's a thread that you tell things that made you sad. Nothing more, nothing less.
Indeed, and to claim that the sadness of one person somehow invalidates another person's suffering is the starving children in Africa fallacy; just because there are starving children over there doesn't mean that you should somehow magically now want to eat all of your food.

That said do keep in mind that in times of peak sadness not everyone's sadness may actually be responded to. In the vast majority of cases this is not because we don't care (because we do), but is rather that we just didn't have a good response right then.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #102131 on: February 18, 2016, 08:43:20 am »

hooray, random feelings of being human trash

Sickness hasn't been good to my self confidence. I'm full of doubt about whether what i'm doing and what i say i want to do really is what i want to do. I can't even fucking figure myself out, so how am i supposed to figure out anything else? It's like i don't even have a base personality, but rather just some kind of mirror that wants to please the other. I feel like i should just give up trying to figure out what suits me best and just coast along the rest of my life in bland mediocrity, but on the other hand, that's one way to be absolutely sure that i'll never find anything. Ugh.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102132 on: February 18, 2016, 10:13:34 am »

Lost. My. Eraser.

Damn it.
I would suggest anything rubber, but that might damage the rubber thing...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102133 on: February 18, 2016, 10:24:13 am »

-snip-
I'm no lawyer, but you might want to redact this post. If your account can be connected to your real-life persona, a certain part of the post could be taken as a confession. Not that a prosecutor would scour the Net for such convoluted evidence for a traffic violation, but...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:28:02 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102134 on: February 18, 2016, 10:25:19 am »

I've resorted to using a sharpener to get the erasers on pencils. Which suks. Since those things last for about 2 seconds each.
I've resorted to getting a big ass eraser that's usually bigger than my middle finger. It's harder to lose, but there is still a chance of it

Pages: 1 ... 6807 6808 [6809] 6810 6811 ... 8167