Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6802 6803 [6804] 6805 6806 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432173 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102045 on: February 16, 2016, 09:39:01 am »

Whatever, I regret nothing. I honestly don't even care, I'm too busy ruining my own life for no good reason.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102046 on: February 16, 2016, 09:45:12 am »

*hugs?*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102047 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:01 am »

I get that you are doing with good intentions but honestly if someone wanted to be supportive like that in meatspace I would just tell them to fuck off. I don't need this. What I need is a fucking miracle but I stopped beliving in those... back before, during one time when we were together, we (actually, it was her) noticed a shooting star. I find it now ironic and morbidly funny, since I claimed it was just a rock and wishing won't get me far, proably. I hate being right.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102048 on: February 16, 2016, 10:34:19 am »

Wish I could help you.
Guess I can't.

*sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102049 on: February 16, 2016, 12:02:33 pm »

Nobody can. I fell in love perfectly knowing the risks and possible consequences, so now I pay the price.
I would do it again.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102050 on: February 16, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »

It's a thing that happens, sadly. You'll recover, eventually. Never quite to the way you were before, 'cause every experience changes you a little and stuff like this changes you a lot, but it'll fade with time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102051 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:19 pm »

It's good to hear you are aware of what happened kot. People tend to "close" after such things and try to avoid ever having their heart broken again, or try to blame everyone else or justify whatever crap happened as not their fault or whatever.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102052 on: February 16, 2016, 01:57:31 pm »

why can't anybody be attracted to me for a change. am i the only person this bs happens to?
Fun fact: There probably IS someone. It's just that people in general seem to be exceptional at realising when someone has a crush on someone else, but terrible at spotting if someone has one on them.
That. Once a girl leaned in for a kiss, and only a couple months later did I realize why she had tilted her head that way.
I don't really know... anybody :x

the chance for anybody to have a crush on me just seems incredibly small.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102053 on: February 16, 2016, 02:57:30 pm »

After only a year or two of loyal service, my mouse has died a slow and painful death. During the last week, it developed an intermittent disconnection problem, which got more and more frequent, until the very end, when it could no longer stay connected for more than ten seconds at a time. It may be a simple matter of fixing a loose contact, but I fear I can't open it up without crippling its smooth gliding properties forever.

Now I'm using a cheap dollar store mouse until a replacement arrives, and I can't remember how I ever managed to do anything with a mouse that didn't always move exactly to the pixel I intended it to move to. :(

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102054 on: February 16, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

I pruned my contacts list and Facebook friends again.

As I get closer and closer to the bone, I'm finding that more and more of the people that I thought were friends for life are the people that I'm deleting because they haven't messaged me back in months and actively ignore me when I try to say hi in meatspace.

I don't fucking get it.
I know that feel.

I thought I had two good friends, who I had been friends with for almost 10 years,  by the end of highschool. I thought we would stay in contact.

Two years since then and neither one has texted me once. I know they use texts to talk with other friends they had in high school. We weren't as good friends as I thought we were, I guess. No friends now. Such is life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102055 on: February 16, 2016, 04:11:14 pm »

Now I wonder if there's people that are sad that I don't contact them...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102056 on: February 16, 2016, 04:21:43 pm »

Probably - pretty much everyone has a couple of these. Do a good deed and get back in touch with one of them~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102057 on: February 16, 2016, 04:26:50 pm »

I don't really get the whole contacting people thing, it does nothing for me. Then again the actual conversation part of hanging out with people seems fairly unimportant, it's more about being in physical proximity to each other and being comfortable with it, whether you're making small talk or saying nothing at all.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102058 on: February 16, 2016, 04:45:37 pm »

Just wait until you get into a long-distance friendship, or any situation where meeting up frequently is not an option - at the start of a friendship it'd be awkward, for example. With the right sort of person it works just fine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102059 on: February 16, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

Well, my brother lives in Germany, and we never call each other even though we're in pretty good relations. Also, I never call my parents, even though I only see them once a month, and I'm quite fond of them. Same goes for my hometown friends, when I go there we hang out and stuff, but when I'm back where I work no contact at all. And that's even though I get quite lonely here as I haven't found any people I really click with here. The whole telecommunicating thing is about as good at staving off loneliness as eating pictures of food is at staving off hunger.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:53:00 pm by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 6802 6803 [6804] 6805 6806 ... 8167