Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88507 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2265 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:27 pm »

So now we know how to push the warforged's buttons...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »

Yeah, all you'd have to do is grab his balls.

(notice I said you and very specifically did not include myself in this endeavor. Also if we keep the lame jokes up nerzu is going to kill us)

(in other news holy shit DF 2010 be trippin')
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:14:07 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 03, 2010, 06:27:02 pm »

(In relation to said other news, yes, it is indeed trippin'. I chose an Embark Now! option, and it gave me the single most dysfunctional group of dorfs I've ever seen. Our doctor is clumsy, our miner is flimsy, and our expedition leader is a coward and has speech issues.)

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 03, 2010, 08:27:59 pm »

I don't recall saying the Warforged's Balls were magical, just that they have buttons on them, but alright.

BOOKS AND STUFF:

Strongholds: Secrets of the Old World

Describes Strongholds, places of power, yadda yadda, said it all in the game.

Strongholds are mystical structures that are built at specific locations unique in magical energy with a powerful magical artifact at their core.
The artifact forms the Stronghold's heart, creating a structure that is semi-alive, a connection to the land and the magic. Strongholds, if used properly, are vital tools to the adventurer, and the king.
A Stronghold provides it's owners with powerful bonuses, and can even maintain and grow the lands it's owner rightfully rules.
The great kingdoms of old were founded around Strongholds, but the magic has long been lost; this book is old and claims to have been written by the Fey.
It details how to find a Stronghold and an Artifact, and how to forge the two together, everything you need to know is in the book.

Neruz Master: the first thing the book teaches is how to temporarily tune a compass to the magical field, causing it to point to the nearest node suitable for a Stronghold
Joh: Should I just dungeoneer it, or athletics, both?
Elvira: *rolls for naturally occuring glue*
Rangaroc: There are many trees in the exterior. Let's look for some
Elvira: *sounds good*
Neruz Master: oh god what are you trying to do

On the Overmap screen you guys will get a little compassy thing which i'll orient towards the nearest Stronghold location whenever somone asks me too.

Basic Magical Mechanics: A Beginners Guide to Magewright

Whoever has the book gets a +1 aptitude bonus to all checks dealing with magical mechanisms, as well as a +1 damage bonus to magical mechanisms. The holder can also repair magical mechanisms as a standard action. The repair action drains 1 healing surge and then restores the hitpoints of an adjacent magical mechanism by an amount equal to the repairing creature's surge value plus their int modifier.

The party now also knows how to properly operate the Mechanarium's systems, allowing characters to lock and unlock the various functions, set a list of people who are allowed inside without setting off the security systems and call the lifts.

The Planar Handbook

Teaches the basics of how to navigate the nonmaterial planes. The holder of the book gets a +2 bonus to skill checks related to the other planes and interplanar travel (such as identifying a Feywild Gate and soforth.)

The Wizard's Notes

Contains a series of notes and soforth, you can read them during an extended rest for a random chance to find directions to a point of interest.
You get the first PoI for free: The Wizard writes about a trip he took to the south-west, ending up in a boggy-swamp just north-west of the woodcutting village. There he found a number of Bullywugs living in muck and squalour, the Wizard traded the Bullywugs a componant piece of the Mechanarium in exchange for an interesting magical shield that let the wearer float on top of the bogs regardless of his swimming ability.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:32:43 pm by Neruz »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 03, 2010, 09:53:24 pm »

Hmm interesting.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 03, 2010, 10:03:42 pm »

So I'm guessing I'm going to just show up at the Mechanarium's front door tomorrow and knock or something?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 03, 2010, 10:22:13 pm »

Your brain is inside one of the metal balls.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 03, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

Dibs on the planar handbook...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 03, 2010, 11:44:55 pm »

If anyone knows where I could get a copy of this I could really use it...
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 03, 2010, 11:55:46 pm »

Im pretty sure that's an april fools joke :P

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 04, 2010, 12:02:03 am »

And a bad one.

Although, try a Google. You'll probably find something like it somewhere.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

And a bad one.

Although, try a Google. You'll probably find something like it somewhere.

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 04, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

Heh, you've got a point there.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 04, 2010, 01:31:37 am »

If anyone knows where I could get a copy of this I could really use it...

Let me get this straight. Instead of just exhibiting a mannerism, you want to

ROLL THE DICE

TO DO SOMETHING RANDOM

when you're roleplaying. Sorry for the jerky spacing and the all-caps right there, but I just really needed to emphasize that that sounds really fuckin' stupid. Why don't you just like, you know, RP your character normally? Or just refuse to buy hats that aren't unique-looking? Unless your character is insane, but there's already tables for that, Neruz used them on CJ in the first few weeks.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 04, 2010, 08:00:40 am »

Bad news everyone! I will probably be an hour or two late because of a sibling's birthday party and an easter party being on the same date!
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 177