Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Awakening: Turn 13: Blood.  (Read 13598 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 10: Casual Reality Bending? {Signups open}
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »

Take control of the demon, persuade it to attack the mansion. More people to kill.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2009, 06:08:41 pm »

I follow the sounds of screaming I heard earlier, looking for injured peasants to heal. If somebody who might possibly have come to this place with me is screaming evil things, I will not get near him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 06:26:48 pm »

Kill guards, worship Sleeper as new god. :o
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 06:31:10 pm »

Descend from thy heavens upon thy balcony, and enter thy mansion to deliver holy retribution upon thy corrupted mayor.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:41:13 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »

Materialize some cool shades and go see whats up with the screaming peasantry.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2009, 06:51:21 pm »

Signups open?

Heh, never tried one of these before, hope you don't mind.

Name: Makaar
Appearance: 37yo, Jet black hair starting to gray, has the look of a sea captain about him.

I step out from a crowd of peasants and try to help Frederick
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:42 pm »

Signups open?

Heh, never tried one of these before, hope you don't mind.

Name: Makaar
Appearance: 37yo, Jet black hair starting to gray, has the look of a sea captain about him.

I step out from a crowd of peasants and try to help Frederick
I'll have you enter once they get rid of the mayor. They're pretty close, so it'll probably only be a turn or two.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2009, 09:26:32 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls! (click to show/hide)
Turn 11: Quite a predicament.
The double colons in the title were a stylistic design choice. Really.

A voice booms:
“Suffering is the only thing Triad has caused since her arrival. Frederick has always been there cleaning up after her; washing away the blood, tending to wounds, providing hope. Triad has done naught but slaughter and maim. While both work towards a common goal, their methods differ.
This interests me.“

Continuing his campaign of righteousness, the balding doctor Frederick — with rusty shiv in hand — begins to examine the countless peasants who lay on the streets.  Some are still alive, but to call their wounds severe would be an understatement. Limbs were strewn about, entrails discarded. If it weren’t for the general state of things and prior extenuating experience with such things, you’d expect him to be a little less calm.

He got to work immediately. It was truly a valiant effort, reattaching limbs and sewing shut countless wounds. There was no doubt that his abilities far exceeded natural human ability; the patients who were still conscious were treated to an incredible display of godly skill. In minutes, he had saved over 80% of Triad’s victims. The swathe she had cut through the middle of town, it was slowly recovering. Their savior had once again come, rescuing them from the very pits of despair.

With demonic strength, Triad swept away entire buildings. The city itself had long been falling apart, she was just expediting the destruction and decay a little bit. The souls inside had taken control, and they were enraged. An eternity of suffering awaited them the moment Triad relinquished their control. They were further angered by the lack of people, the lack of deaths. These buildings were empty. For several seconds, Triad pondered upon the wisdom behind calling forth demons and allowing them to control her.

Then she was struck with sudden inspiration.
“These buildings don’t have any people in them. You want to murder people, right? Well… there are people in the City Hall!”
With those words, her body moved faster than ever before. With a single great bound, it had cleared a distance of several hundred meters. It came crashing down close to the mansion. Thrusting its arm out, grasping onto the luxurious wood that stood before her, she tore it apart. Ripping a hole in the wall and peering inside, she was met with screams. The patrols had been alerted to her presence, but were too terrified to attack.

Nodding his head as a hellish demon-spawn rushed past him, Dragnar turned back and faced the barracks. A small, 4x10 meter room loaded with beds, chests, cabinets, and armour stands. 7 guards were readying their weapons, prepared to attack.
“The first strike can decide the flow of the entire battle!”
Or so Dragnar was taught. If this was true, it certainly didn’t bode well for him. As he tried to draw his sword, he lost his grip and it toppled to the ground!

Korbin wasn’t aware of the dire situation inside the barracks, nor was he likely to care. Parting his hair slightly, adjusting his invisible tie, and outstretching his arms to form a cross, he prepared to drop backwards onto the most holy of balconies.  He was interrupted, however…
“DEMON! DEMON! IT’S A DEMON!”

Sudden smashing, shaking, and rumbling all resulted in Korbin losing his balance. Twisting and turning, he fell backwards. Saved by only his impressive reflexes, he managed to turn his pathetic fall into a wonderful flip, but he was no longer on the roof. Rather, he had landed on something’s back.

He took the brief interlude between the inevitable shaking-off that would come soon to examine exactly what it was he landed on. It was humanoid; two arms, two legs, and most of all it stood upright. Yet it was distinctly not-human. Where hair should’ve been was instead a dark mist and strange, thick veins ran through every inch of exposed skin. Blood, or at least what looked like it, could be seen moving underneath the surface.
“Wh-what is this?”
Well, Korbin. It’s a demon. You are now riding a demon.

Sleeper cracked a smile, slightly. His face remained stoic, but his lips upturned ever-so-little. With a slick maneuver he outstretched his right hand moving it in a semi-circle. Snapping his fingers, a green glow radiated from his hand. If this were a normal world, I’d suggest getting it checked out by a doctor, but Sleeper controlled the flow — he could materialize a doctor if he needed one.  Taking form, a pair of ultra-sleek sunglasses formed around his hand. He tossed them up into the air and even the severely injured peasants looked on in awe. Somehow they found his face, landing perfectly on his head.

Clasping his hands behind his back, he began to walk forward slowly. He’d bend down, asking the peasants if they were okay. Most of them weren’t. Performing a precise headcount, he ascertained that there were approximately 140 peasants still in this section of the city. Of these, 80 were injured by Triad and 60 had already been treated by Frederick. These numbers popped into Sleeper’s head when he requested them — perhaps due to the mysterious hand?

Spoiler: Statuses & Inventory! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

…someone may want to help out Dragnar. He’s in quite a bit of trouble. Or you could just rush at the Mayor and ‘win’ before anyone is seriously injured.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening: Turn 11: Quite a predicament. {Signups open}
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »

Tell demon not to kill Korbin, tell it to kill all the guards instead
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2009, 09:37:16 pm »

That's it, if the action "Be the one" works then...

I pick up my sword and cut the very fabric of reality, killing the guards instantly.
(I really hope I don't get a 6...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2009, 09:39:50 pm »

Enter "Exorcist mode". It's time to kill some demons.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:52 pm »

That's it, if the action "Be the one" works then...

I pick up my sword and cut the very fabric of reality, killing the guards instantly.
(I really hope I don't get a 6...)
Well, anything goes. I thought about giving Rashilul a 'reality manipulator' skill but held off on it.
Just... I'd be more worried about getting a 1 if I were you. If you can accidentally slice off your nose while lightly swinging your sword around, swinging it with the intent to cause a rip in the space-time continuum may have some very, very negative consequences.

If Rashilul had rolled a 1 on his 'Be the one' roll, I'd probably have him separated from his body and drifting around bodyless. Maybe if he trained hard enough, let him levitate objects or something. Then if he trained really hard, affect the course of bullets. He wouldn't actually have a body though, so the use of this is debatable.

Edit: Also, Rashilul ended up with godly luck and rolled TWO fives. I rolled once for the, 'Do you get the ability?' and then again for, "Okay, now what limitations do you have to prevent it from breaking the game?"
He rolled a 5 on both, so he has a ridiculously broken power with no limitations.
I feel like just ditching random.org and going with my own die. There seem to be some strange quirks with it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:50:30 pm by Apostolic Nihilist »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2009, 10:01:23 pm »

Enter "Exorcist mode". It's time to kill some demons.
O.O
Edit: Also, Rashilul ended up with godly luck and rolled TWO fives. I rolled once for the, 'Do you get the ability?' and then again for, "Okay, now what limitations do you have to prevent it from breaking the game?"
He rolled a 5 on both, so he has a ridiculously broken power with no limitations.

FUUUCK...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:01 pm »

FUUUCK...
Don't worry, I won't go power hungry.

>Fondly regard creation.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:11 pm »

Locate thy mayor and resume delivering thy holy retribution upon him.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9