Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Color Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 41330 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2009, 04:48:57 pm »

Eep
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:45:51 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2009, 05:10:44 pm »

Nothing
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 04:02:15 am by Leafsnail »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2009, 05:23:20 pm »

Eep!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:45:35 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »

HEY! I SAID NO TALKING AFTER HAMMER! DO I NEED TO MODKILL YOU? EDIT YOUR POSTS RIGHT NOW TO CONTAIN NOTHING!

Vote Count (5 to Lynch)

Apostolic Nihilist - NUKE9.13
ExKirby - Leafsnail, Vector, ExKirby, dakarian, Apostolic Nihilist
dakarian - Org
Pandarsenic - dakarian, Mr.Person
NUKE9.13 - Pandarsenic
[/quote]
ExKirby has been lynched.

ExKirby was a Green. (Town)

It is now Night.

Any posting after this will result in death.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:01 pm »

Pandarsenic has been killed.

Pandarsenic was a Violet (Town).

Still alive:
NUKE9.13
dakarian
Mr.Person
Vector
Leafsnail
Org
Apostolic Nihilist

It is now Day 2.

Vote Count (4 to Lynch)

Currently none

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2009, 01:12:44 pm »

Right.  So we only roleflip colors rather than roles.  Great.

Green... could correspond to Doctor?  Violent... VT?  I don't know.  Anyone have any ideas?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2009, 01:44:39 pm »

I'm firmly in the 'color=useless to use' camp now.

If color is being used to hide role, then it's not going to bite us in the back in some "OMG everyone is voting for red!" way.  I don't believe the mafia have some color matching chart, but it certainly won't benefit us to look deep into the matter for now.

I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2009, 01:58:49 pm »

Goddamit exkirby.
Can we pick some karma offa him for trying to lose? I mean seriously. Not cool.

Anyway moving on.
Leafsnail why do you reckon pandarsenic got NK'd?
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:09 pm »

Not sure.  He hasn't posted for a while.  I think the scum might've been going for a safe bet that wouldn't reveal much about them, or something.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2009, 10:14:25 pm »

Guess we'll need to wake some people up again.

Vote Mr.Person

Vector
Org
Apostolic Nihilist

WAKE UP!
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »

Yar.  Just here to tell you that I'll be back soon, but have to reread the thread to get anything productive done.  Will return after finishing the last polish on my essay and a little math work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2009, 11:02:07 pm »

Er... wouldn't that mean that this game could theoretically drag on forever, very easily? Especially once we get down to the lower numbers. I guess that just means all players have to be active. Lurkers are something we cannot tolerate, then.

Yup.  I tend to agree.  Apostolic Nihilist, get out here.  Your jig is up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2009, 12:02:52 am »

That was probably one of the worst lynches possible. Their colours didn't reveal anything whatsoever.
Green & Violet are both quite benign and they're both quite fitting for town roles. Given the number of roles we have in play, I doubt they were both vanilla, but it is possible.

I'm going to claim my colour, just for information purposes. Maybe someone better with patterns than I can figure something out.
I'm yellow, town-aligned.
I can't find any sort of relation between the four colours we know, assuming they're all town, so we can pretty much rule out colours as being useful for the time being. It'd help immensely if we knew ExKirby's/Pandarsenic's roles.

I have to admit, voting ExKirby was a bad move on my part. I should have stayed firm (even if I was wrong); but it interests me as to why Dakarian pushed for the lynch so much. I mean, he was quite annoyed when he realized I had unvoted ExKirby at the last minute (this is probably just frustration though; the game was dragging out for longer than any of us would like).
It's quite a huge risk, if you think about it.
There was a slight chance that ExKirby was jester, and would win upon his lynch.
There was a slight chance that ExKirby was town, and nothing would happen.
There was a large chance that ExKirby was scum.

However, if we had simply waited one day, we could have confirmed it.
The mafia would've almost surely taken out the jester with a NK. They don't want him to win anymore than we do.
...Why would Dakarian vote to lynch him? If he was scum, he knew for sure that ExKirby wasn't scum, so he was either Town or Jester. That doesn't make much sense... what's the point of voting him!?
*combusts*

Okay. I've been operating under the assumption that Dakarian (or rather, anyone) actually cares about the jester winning. If they don't, then that changes everything...

So I ask you, Dakarian: Why did you take a humongous risk when you could've simply waited one day and received the same results with no risk whatsoever?

I'm going to let him answer for himself instead of trying to stuff words down his throat.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:17 am »

I really do wonder if Color=roles....

Although that would mean everyone is a power role. Meh.

Yeah, sorry, just a bit too busy yesterday and had not much to add.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2009, 08:15:05 am »

There was a slight chance that ExKirby was jester, and would win upon his lynch.
There was a slight chance that ExKirby was town, and nothing would happen.
There was a large chance that ExKirby was scum.

However, if we had simply waited one day, we could have confirmed it.
The mafia would've almost surely taken out the jester with a NK. They don't want him to win anymore than we do.
...Why would Dakarian vote to lynch him? If he was scum, he knew for sure that ExKirby wasn't scum, so he was either Town or Jester. That doesn't make much sense... what's the point of voting him!?
*combusts*

Okay. I've been operating under the assumption that Dakarian (or rather, anyone) actually cares about the jester winning. If they don't, then that changes everything...

So I ask you, Dakarian: Why did you take a humongous risk when you could've simply waited one day and received the same results with no risk whatsoever?

I'm going to let him answer for himself instead of trying to stuff words down his throat.

First off, thanks for not stuffing those words.

I voted for him because I honestly, truly, believed he wasn't the jester.  I also thought "only an utter and complete fool would be town and claim jester".  I was right on one of those matters. 

Why not wait?  Ex wasn't exactly a person that was 'out of the blue' for me.  At that point, I had him on 'suspect but not enough information'.  I expected him to go mostly silent while I tried to prod the rest of the town then return back to him later.  The claim on jester sealed him as being desperate in the face of a lynch and his claim elminated most of his chance of being anything else but scum (even you say he had a large chance of being scum.  Note you NEVER get to 100% on anyone). 

I didn't wait because I didn't doubt that I had a scum in my sights, and I dislike 'putting aside scum for later'.  Note that the theory only failed because Ex did one of the most anti-town things you could ever do: lie about your role.  I can't and won't plan for moves like that because such things just shouldn't occur and because trying to plan for it destroys the entire point to claiming.

So, in short, I didn't wait because I felt there was nothing to wait for: Ex lied about his role and that turned a 'maybe scum' into 'obvscum'.

But I accept my action: I had planned on my vote being the hammer and believed I was right.  Now, Nihilst...why is it that you seem so sure that it was one of the worst things to do, so sure that what we did was wrong before the lynch and yet you flung the hammer? 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26