Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88893 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 94: Not much happens.)
« Reply #1305 on: September 06, 2010, 10:54:24 am »

*engie* DAMMAT DAMMAT DAMMAT

Melt them down and try again. Such a failure.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 06, 2010, 12:08:26 pm »

Try to feel my way around the walls in search of a passageway. then walk down said passageway.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:00:13 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 06, 2010, 12:33:28 pm »

Offer the law-imps contracts of vassalhood, promising them protection and small estates in return for their service.
Ignore the demon for now, the sovereign is busy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 06, 2010, 05:40:14 pm »

Use the power of water to mentally search deep underground for a hidden river or lake. Then summon it forth to me.
Underground river? Underground is lava. And below that, more lava. INFINITE LAVA. With lava rock continents floating on top.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 06, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »

Well then how in the seven hells are these people getting hydrated?

How is the PLANT getting hydrated?

Unless they are suddenly all made of lava and molten rock is their idea of a Sunday milkshake.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 06, 2010, 05:58:20 pm »

Well then how in the seven hells are these people getting hydrated?
They aren't people. They're the residents of the plane, so while they may look human, they are better suited to it.

How is the PLANT getting hydrated?
How is it mind-controlling people? It's not an ordinary plant.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 06, 2010, 10:11:45 pm »

Attempt creation of the scroll again, that must have been a fluke...

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:34 am »

link up with them and draw there power into myself
i am going for ultimate doom!!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 09, 2010, 03:29:00 pm »

I'm late for everything aren't I? Although at least I'm not last for this. I am extremely tired, so I expect confusing things in this post, don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

Drawing power from psychic plants? I guess they must have something like souls...
 Rolan, you do remember it's a fire medallion and not an orb, right?
Use the power of water to mentally search deep underground for a hidden river or lake. Then summon it forth to me.
Underground river? Underground is lava. And below that, more lava. INFINITE LAVA. With lava rock continents floating on top.
Infinite magma? Wouldn't there be other ~worlds in the magma like this one? Probably about a 30-70km distance between each, with things like those demons or assorted elementals in said between.

[ ] Watching SHAD0Wdump's efforts, I give him a reminder that "the words of the poem inspire different images, experiences, for each person who reads them as they balance on the boundary between understanding and glorious nonsense. You aren't summoning a discrete being in the normal sense; you are summoning all the beings that it could be as one. A being of vagueness, but simultaneously incredible detail, as all those who look upon it will see something unique, something from their own imagination made real." I then ask the ship why we aren't hearing the thunder of cannon fire and having to work for our lives, but assure it that traveling difficulty was welcome in this case since we aren't quite ready. I shake my fist at the other people on my ship, then to Flint "Master Air Mage, do you think you could create a cyclone around the other ship that would draw all fire towards it? Including it's own?"

So, my action is to try using that speech to give SHAD0W a bonus to his roll...although, since speech is a free action, and a speech is what I'm trying to use as an action, does that mean I could get a second, physical action? =⌡
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 09, 2010, 03:41:57 pm »

Speech is only free if you aren't trying to do something with it, so no. Nice try though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 09, 2010, 06:24:07 pm »

Rolan, you do remember it's a fire medallion and not an orb, right?

Good point, except that one of my first actions was to make it an awesome pistol.
Why are these imps so hard to work with!? (sarcasm)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 09, 2010, 06:27:48 pm »

Since the artifacts are invincible, it's still a medallion in the back of your gun's barrel. The rest of the gun could be destroyed, and you could still wear it and use it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 10, 2010, 03:06:18 am »

Follow Nivm's orders and create the cyclone where he wanted it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 95: Jabberwock)
« Reply #1318 on: September 14, 2010, 06:38:47 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Follow Nivm's orders and create the cyclone where he wanted it.
[2+1] While you can't quite conjure a storm of the magnitude requested, you do create a powerful wind around the enemy ship. It won't turn the ship's weapons back at it, but it should throw off their aim... and it's not like you ever had a chance of missing.
(-1 to enemy aim)

Quote from: Jervous
Melt them down and try again. Such a failure.
[5] You reforge the cannonballs, melting your failures back down and shaping them into some truly destructive weapons. They look like ordinary cannonballs, but have been infused with some of your earth magic, and will grow much heavier after being fired, striking with several times the force of an ordinary one.

Quote from: stonemt
link up with them and draw there power into myself
[2] You try to draw the plant's power into yourself, but something stops you. "No. Begone creature, before my creations do to you what you just tried." As you hear this, a path out of the building opens up, though you still can't move any other direction.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Attempt creation of the scroll again, that must have been a fluke...
[6-1] You manage to create the scroll properly this time, even with Malak yammering in your ear the whole time. You have no idea what this will summon, but it won't be nice, that's for sure... and no ordinary weapon will be able to kill it.

Quote from: Nivm
*Give speech*
(the ship isn't attacking because you haven't told it to... oh wait, you added to one of your actions a few turns back... missed that.)
[1] While your speech would probably have help explain to SHAD0W what you wanted, it isn't so helpful while in the middle of writing. More of a distraction than anything else really. Legion reports that it is in position, and ready to fire whenever you're ready... It is also a bit nervous that the giant pirate ship is still ignoring you.
(-1 to SHAD0W's roll... Yes, I realize that was a good thing in this case. Meh.)

Quote from: rolan7
Offer the law-imps contracts of vassalhood, promising them protection and small estates in return for their service.
Ignore the demon for now, the sovereign is busy.
[3] While they doubt your ability to fulfill your promise, they agree to aid you for a while. They won't fight for you though, not without a better guarantee.

Quote from: dermonster
Try to feel my way around the walls in search of a passageway. then walk down said passageway.
[4] You wander around in the darkness for a while, and before long stumble into a larger chamber, with softly glowing walls. In the center is a giant organic bulb, surrounded by all sorts of magical writings.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 95: Jabberwock)
« Reply #1319 on: September 14, 2010, 06:42:45 pm »

Temporarily reform my eyes (If they are made out of ice) to be able to read at long distances. If my eyes aren't made of Ice, just walk up to the thing and try to decipher the writing up close and cautiously
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 111