Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88578 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 77: legendary magic)
« Reply #1035 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:21 pm »

so...  i am doing well... so you need to throw something at me to make me not do so well?? hmmm well you are the gm so i guess what ever you say goes (^_^X)

but heres my question..how many souls do i have for my new battery??

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:29 pm »

*makes another sacrifice to the RNG*

Fly into the cave superman-style, with the addition of maniacal laughter.  Join SHAD0Wdump and Leech.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:47 am »

I DRAIN THE WATER FROM MY OPPONENTS BODY.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 18, 2010, 07:27:26 am »

Stack a few eggs up like a staircase instead of being reasonable and using earth magic.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 18, 2010, 07:48:12 am »

so...  i am doing well... so you need to throw something at me to make me not do so well?? hmmm well you are the gm so i guess what ever you say goes (^_^X)

but heres my question..how many souls do i have for my new battery??
Nothing too serious. I'm just going to make sure this particular fight takes a bit more effort than "I kill more of them!" over and over. And you have three souls. 4 dead mages - the one you ate.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 18, 2010, 07:52:58 am »

thanks.
seep into the ground and prepare a blast of dark energy to explode

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:14 am »

Call down a lightning bolt near the barracades to cause a commotion and then slip on the ring which makes it difficult to see me and try and sneak up for a closer look.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:23 am »

ya that sounds like something i did once...

Fuse with my elementals
Back to Mafia with me!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 19, 2010, 03:47:54 pm »

I open up my book of summoning, and take a read through it. Typically summoning involves taking a already existing creature or item from one place, often far away, and bringing it to a place of the caster's choosing. I'm looking for something that will tell me exactly where that creature is.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 78: Welcome to The Abyss)
« Reply #1044 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:27 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Call down a lightning bolt near the barracades to cause a commotion and then slip on the ring which makes it difficult to see me and try and sneak up for a closer look.
[5+1]You blast a wing of the main complex into rubble, then slip on your ring of stealth and [2]totally fail to get through unseen. [4] Luckily the soldiers are still busy trying to figure out what happened and you are simply told to keep out before the soldier runs off to search the rubble. It seems they suspect a magical bomb of some sort, not a powerful mage.(they are actually quite rare, only a few per city, no matter what your RNG granted abilities might suggest)
air magic(16/32 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
Stack a few eggs up like a staircase instead of being reasonable and using earth magic.
[2] You try to stack a few eggs, but it turns out to be nearly impossible. Huh, who woulda thought oblong rounded objects didn't balance well?

Quote from: stonemt
seep into the ground and prepare a blast of dark energy to explode
[5] You destabilize your body, sinking through the floor where you prepare a large blast of dark magic, draining but that soul you ate should provide enough power to finish it. The three remaining mages take this opening to run to the sides of the room and begin casting a complex spell. As they chant a cage begins to descend from the ceiling. [?]It appears to be made of solid darkness, similar to yourself.
(no exp until you actually attack, sinking is an innate ability, since you aren't really solid)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I open up my book of summoning, and take a read through it. Typically summoning involves taking a already existing creature or item from one place, often far away, and bringing it to a place of the caster's choosing. I'm looking for something that will tell me exactly where that creature is.
[1]You read your summoning book, looking for a sort of partial summoning, seeing the place your target is instead of calling it from there. Unfortunately for you, your attempts fail and instead pull you through the portal you were trying to see through. You are surrounded by ever-shifting shapes, some of which look rather dangerous...(ever played dungeon crawl?)

Quote from: Nivm
I attempt to lift myself with telekinesis and fly down onto the city below, hoping that getting in range will make my map work. If telekinesis doesn't do it, I polymorph a rope from an exit near the bottom of the ship and climb down. Erreti keeps looking for goodies and Flint in its lost state.
[4] You fly down to the city, using your telekinesis to defy conservation and make an army of physicists turn over in their graves.[2] Erreti remains lost. This isn't a big city, but when you're the size of a mouse...

Quote from: rolan7
Fly into the cave superman-style, with the addition of maniacal laughter.  Join SHAD0Wdump and Leech.
[1]You fly into the cave... but your control stinks and you crash into the wall instead. It doesn't hurt too bad, but suddenly the entire structure begins to slowly heat up...

Quote from: dermonster
[5+3][3]You try to dry up your foe, sucking all the water out of the surrounding area. You might have underestimated just how much water is in a human body though, and he appears no worse for wear, though you did pull his elementals away. The rest of the area didn't fare so well though, and the tower started to glow as the last scraps of water were pulled from it...

Quote from: diakron
Fuse with my elementals
[3]You try to fuse with your elementals, but the spell is interrupted partway through by your foe's attack.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 25, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »

You are surrounded by ever-shifting shapes, some of which look rather dangerous...(ever played dungeon crawl?)

Quick, find an alter of loguno and prostrate yourself in front of him, so he may show you the mecy of having you leave his domain
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 25, 2010, 07:45:23 pm »

I move away from the tower and form the stolen water into a Massive Scythe.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 26, 2010, 02:36:19 am »

o.o

cwap...

Go back through the portal!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 26, 2010, 02:50:53 am »

Didn't you hear me, bo before your new master Loguno, he can grant you the power to leave the abbys, and all he requires of you is killing stuff
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 26, 2010, 03:11:40 am »

What exactly am I defying now? I didn't think there was any math out there saying it wasn't theoretically possible to negate gravity... I assume it still takes energy.

[ ] Tell Erreti to stop being a mouse; it can hide just as well phased a couple inches under the ground, and move faster. I check my magic map now that I'm ~in the city (and see if I need to land), when it's working I help Erreti locate itself.

Why would the fire elemental be pulled by Dermonster's attack?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:13:58 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111