Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88616 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 112: Mecha-wizard?)
« Reply #1605 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:53 pm »

You know what... At this point I don't know what to do...
You have a scroll of earthquake, you have your giant lazer, you have good arcane magic. Light can be used for manipulating the plane that you are on. I dunno.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 07, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

Since I'm all elementally, maybe I can
Merge with some of the water dermonster is summoning, taking the form of a large cloud of steam.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 07, 2011, 09:39:51 pm »

Merge with some of the water dermonster is summoning, taking the form of a large cloud of steam.
[1] You maim yourself horribly on the water, and only the power from your arm cannon keeps you alive.
 Ability Discovered: Extreme Vulnerability to Water
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »

You know what... At this point I don't know what to do...
You have a scroll of earthquake, you have your giant lazer, you have good arcane magic. Light can be used for manipulating the plane that you are on. I dunno.
Yeah... Sure I can add firepower, but some part of me feels this would be a diplomatic manner...

Oh well...

I summon ze cannon!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 07, 2011, 11:41:35 pm »

Summon an impossible creature.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 08, 2011, 01:39:15 am »

[1] You maim yourself horribly on the water, and only the power from your arm cannon keeps you alive.
 Ability Discovered: Extreme Vulnerability to Water

Ha ha :P
Just as Dermonster uses water and cold to make ice, water and heat makes steam - a very dangerous, very hard to disrupt substance.  This isn't warm water vapor - it's water's gas form, and it is *hot*.  Not at all in opposition to my element.

The question is whether I'm competent enough to avoid suffocating my flames - we'll see!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 08, 2011, 10:34:22 am »

well then if i heard the guy...
"INSECTS? perhaps it is so. even so your might can not match the power of a hive" undead. ALL the undead. from everywhere.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 10, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »

Pffft, screw this guy.

Fly up to the wizard's head and smash it in with my..iunno...flail.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:00 am »

Ugh... been having a bad time recently, update tomorrow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 113: The four elements. Water water water and water.)
« Reply #1614 on: February 18, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Summon an impossible creature.
[1] That... that is most certainly impossible. A mangled beast appears before you, all teeth and arms and pulsing flesh. The monstrosity doesn't even look capable of sustaining it's own life, let alone aiding you.

Quote from: Jervous
Fly up to the wizard's head and smash it in with my..iunno...flail.
[5+1][6] You reach the wizard and take a mighty a swing at his head. You seem to strike true, but he doesn't flinch, and a cracks spread over the giant wizard statue's head instead.

Quote from: stonemt
undead. ALL the undead. from everywhere.
[5+2] The blackness surrounding you pulses, shrinking for a moment and then exploding outward. It thins as it grows, becoming a lighter and lighter splotch of darkness before vanishing altogether. For a moment nothing happens, then miniature black splotches appear as far as the eye can see, skeletal hands appearing through them.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I summon ze cannon!
[5+1] you summon ze cannon! ...not a lot more to say about that.

Quote from: Nivm
I call Erreti to do familiar duty, steadying my mind and guarding my body. "We're cooking with the gods now! Wow this nexus in reality is bright, and loud." Open the water plane to the lattice! I'll try to make use of the growing lattice to easily connect Derek's portal and spell.
[1+1] The spell backfires, finally growing too unstable for you. The muti-elemental construct is flooded with an overdose of water and begins to change. Every element becomes partly water based, and the floor begins to liquefy. The pillars of air change to endless waterfalls. And the skeletal hands reaching out from beneath the plane warp into the shape of fish.

Quote from: rolan7
[6] Combining the raw elemental forces around yourself you are changed into a large cloud of steam, a blazing core of flame at the center.

Quote from: dermonster
Use all of my power to summon the entirety of the plane of waters... well... water, through the portals to me. Ice tiger (If I still have it) attacks the wizard.
[4+3] You unleash a gigantic flood of water from the portal to the water plane, then watch as Malak's spell absorbs it... poorly. (the tiger cannot fly. So it can't get close to the guy)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 18, 2011, 07:24:03 pm »

So everything is water now.

And I have a 5 in 6 chance of automatically succeeding at all water based rolls, with the 1 in 6 chance still being pretty good.

Cast Tidal Surge (Read the effects in the spreadsheet too.)
BEHOLD THE POWER OF... PURE WATER!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »

do i realy need to say it?
DOG PILE!!!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 18, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »

I try using the scroll of earthquake on the great mage construct.

And of course... FIRE AT MAGE

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 19, 2011, 02:11:59 am »

No, this will do fine; it makes perfect sense.

[ ] I take full advantage of the Changing power of water to completely draw in the dark plane; its entirety present just beneath the surface, and with that surface Mirrored we are all simultaneously submerged and high in the sky. Oh, and "congratulations Luki; you get to live through this" while "Flow Derek, flow while you still can!"

Hmmm. Quaking razor teeth should destroy the crystalline damage translator, and then he'll get his head smashed again without it. He could last longer if he takes advantage of his surroundings...in fact, he could last indefinitely that way, but I'm not sure he'd like it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 19, 2011, 09:39:57 am »

Water everywhere?  That could have been a problem for me, yeah!

Move near the evil mage and superheat him/the water around him.  In cooperation with dermonster's action, so ideally, he gets blasted by scalding-hot water.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 111