Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73459 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 03:38:18 pm »

Bleh, fine. I think the watcher role puts a time limit on the game but is absolutely out for himself, and not pro- or anti-town. I haven't seen any real scummy behavior yet, just the usual day 1 stupidity from toony.
The Watcher role is actually anti-scum and anti-town, much like the Exterminator, except that he's pro-Aliens. And this is for everyone, so read the posts or do something. Good god... Who the heck cares about the Watcher right now except for scum? I mean, if I were the Watcher, I'd likely look for scum right now, much like what the town should be doing.

Mr.Person, who do you believe to be town right now?

Bleh, fine. I think the watcher role puts a time limit on the game but is absolutely out for himself, and not pro- or anti-town. I haven't seen any real scummy behavior yet, just the usual day 1 stupidity from toony.

And the lame insults from SCUM.

Oh come on, you couldn't recognize scum if your life depended on it. Last game Josh had you so easily convinced of his innocence you were actually defending him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 03:39:46 pm »

SCUM in my head SCUM trying to make me feel stupid.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 03:41:16 pm »

If I read it correctly, the watcher just wants the game to last x number of turns. He isn't for or against anyone, he just wants a balance maintained so that the game doesn't end prematurely. Hell he doesn't even care if he lives, he'll still win.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »

Don't take it personally, I just dislike your flavor of crazy. It's random and irrational.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »

Don't take it personally, I just dislike your flavor of crazy. It's random and irrational.

It also revealed two dopps at the start of the last Paranormal game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2009, 03:48:18 pm »

Yes, but that wasn't your doing. That was someone else. All you did was accuse someone at random, and then get suckered in by his sweet talking.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2009, 03:53:21 pm »

Meh, too much meta-talk.  Not relevant.  Let's wait until others see this and their opinions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 03:54:34 pm »

Agreed

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 03:57:58 pm »

I'd also like to vote eduren. Gambler's Fallacy and what-not. What do you have to say about that?

After a quick wikipedia search, I wonder why something proven fallacious has a direct influence on who you vote for.
Because, ironically, it is very helpful in choosing someone to vote for first. You got a problem with that?
You have piqued my curiosity. Can you explain this further?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 04:00:41 pm »

Unvote.

I think that ToonyMan has started one of his trademark pointless fights, but I find it a bit suspicious that he's suddenly laid off forsaken rather than continuing to attack him all day and demanding a double lynch (or, since we don't have DLs any more, a lynch of one or the other).  It just seems... well... a little staged.  But it's only a mild FoS.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:31 pm »

Me? I think ToonyMan is likely town, considering he's doing what he always does as town, which is crazy-as-fuck random voting.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2009, 05:03:31 pm »

Unvote Humaan.

Very mild FoS on chaticjosh, for bringing up the watcher role. I agree with webadict on this one: the person who brings up a role very likely has that role. Since his role has a damn slim chance of actually succeeding, I think he can be ignored for the first day in favor of the more immediate threat of the cultists, wherever they are. So yes, while all this discussion about the watcher is absolutely fascinating, we don't even know for certain if he's in the game, and it's ultimately pointless, because the town can defeat the watcher just by being good townies.

FoS on forsaken1111, for being dodgy about questions. Yes, being interrogated on Day 1 sucks. Deal with it, or face suspicion. I won't cast my vote for him right now, because I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm willing to offer him a chance to defend himself. And well, I need to look through the rest of the first day in Paranormal 9, because this same situation happened in that game, though not as early, and I need some insight.

So, forsaken1111, can you explain why you deliberately refused answering the questions posed to you? That's suspicious, in my opinion, but I also realize that getting questioned is frustrating and not necessarily indicative of being scum. I'm willing to hear your response on the matter, and I hope you won't brush off my question like the others.

While I wait for forsaken1111's response, I'll try to be productive in the meantime. So I guess I'll randomvote somebody else to call them out and get them involved in the discussion.

RedWarrior0, you've been quiet. What's your opinion on this ToonyMan and forsaken1111 scuffle?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:46 pm »

Jim, I did answer the questions. I don't need to defend myself, I explained my actions already. It wasn't being questioned that I minded, but the sudden appearance of three questions directed only at me for no apparent reason. Regardless, they have been answered.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2009, 05:13:03 pm »

I'd also like to vote eduren. Gambler's Fallacy and what-not. What do you have to say about that?

After a quick wikipedia search, I wonder why something proven fallacious has a direct influence on who you vote for.
Because, ironically, it is very helpful in choosing someone to vote for first. You got a problem with that?
You have piqued my curiosity. Can you explain this further?
Because if you're going to random vote someone, it might as well be because they haven't been scum yet. I'm not saying it works, but it's how I usually do it.

And sometimes it works. Just like sometimes, you guess right on a multiple choice test.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2009, 05:18:39 pm »

What do you mean, webadict - that someone who hasn't been scum before is more likely to be jumpy when random voted as scum?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56