Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13146 13147 [13148] 13149 13150 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888991 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197205 on: March 14, 2022, 07:54:37 pm »

How is this done. Fried pie.
Well, you cook yourself a pie, and then you fry (a piece of) the pie. Think of the original pie cooking as parboiling it. Parpied pie, also known as just regular pie.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197206 on: March 14, 2022, 08:16:51 pm »

I periodically make a decent approximation of pie in my cosine
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197207 on: March 14, 2022, 08:51:25 pm »

concert is performed

i don't have to think about slightly traumatic melodies any more
 may it never again grace my ears

fuck, I'm beat.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197208 on: March 15, 2022, 01:41:19 am »

Finally set up a router+modem combo instead of using the default Comcast one which means Comcast will no longer be ripping us off (on that particular thing). Took me about ten years (largely because its actually my parent's internet) but its done.

Might be wise to replace the DVR box too, since the one we got is kind of a piece of shit and that *also* costs money.

This has been a very productive last week.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197209 on: March 15, 2022, 07:36:52 am »

Finally set up a router+modem combo instead of using the default Comcast one which means Comcast will no longer be ripping us off (on that particular thing). Took me about ten years (largely because its actually my parent's internet) but its done.

Might be wise to replace the DVR box too, since the one we got is kind of a piece of shit and that *also* costs money.

If I recall, Comcast charges for you having their AWG routers, right? Some 5 or 10 USD? It was that way with Spectrum, but yes, that charge adds up over the years, so congrats on finally ditching it. It helps that almost *any* router out there is better than the default Comcast one because they can project signals farther, and usually are easier in setting up port forwarding should you need it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197210 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:55 am »

They tend to keep functioning for a long time, too, and it might be a lot easier to set up port forwarding (if you care to play any older video games multiplayer).  A router is a pretty solid investment.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197211 on: March 15, 2022, 11:53:28 am »

If I recall, Comcast charges for you having their AWG routers, right? Some 5 or 10 USD? It was that way with Spectrum, but yes, that charge adds up over the years, so congrats on finally ditching it. It helps that almost *any* router out there is better than the default Comcast one because they can project signals farther, and usually are easier in setting up port forwarding should you need it.
18 bucks per month. Yeah, it's basically a scam.
I was/am using Ethernet though, so the router change was functionally meaningless outside the savings.

We technically have voice and I'm too lazy to call Comcast and negotiate it off, so we had a very small amount of modems to pick from at our internet speed which was a pain.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197212 on: March 15, 2022, 12:34:16 pm »

Trying to live frugally in the US amounts to trying to get scammed as little as possible. This requires constant vigilance, as the government is not keen on stifling dishonest businessmen, or protecting people's money or futures.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197213 on: March 15, 2022, 12:42:38 pm »

Yesterday we had another bird in our oven that fell down the chimney.

It's like the sixth or seventh bird or so that I have saved since 2010, it seems to happen to me more often than normal. T'was a blackbird this time, such a pretty fella, strong too.

Also it seems customary across species to chirp twice when I release them.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197214 on: March 15, 2022, 12:44:12 pm »

Yesterday we had another bird in our oven that fell down the chimney.

It's like the sixth or seventh bird or so that I have saved since 2010, it seems to happen to me more often than normal. T'was a blackbird this time, such a pretty fella, strong too.

Also it seems customary across species to chirp twice when I release them.
aaaa that's adorable.
Thank you for not making a pie, birb-friend.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197215 on: March 15, 2022, 02:26:18 pm »

The older I get the more appreciative I am of the birbs, at this rate I might end up as some kind of ornitologist there is allways something to observe (the highlight of last year was observing pigeons to be disoriented above a giant magnet, they circled a while before they stopped flying erratically). With the streak I'm having I'm starting to think maybe there is plenty of birbs to save but people don't allways notice them.

-Staggered crow we kept safely in a cage for an afternoon, it even chilled a while on top of it's cage before it took of.
-Sparrow stuck to glue flytrap.
-at two separate instances sparrow lost in vast depot, these took a whole lot of patience and some vague herding skills, kept their location in the back of my head and shushed them the fuck away when I was going the right direction.
-Sparrow fell through chimney.
-Sparrow banging on window from the inside, poor dude was quite staggered too.
-Blackbird fell through chimney.

Also I have vague memory bits of birds inside schools and supermarkets? I don't remember well, I just know next time I see it I am ready as fuck.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 02:29:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197216 on: March 15, 2022, 05:31:55 pm »

I have a FRIED PIE (a pie slice that has been fried, not a whole pie, goodness.) Looking forward to eating it.

EXCUSE ME GENTLEMEN.

How does one go about frying a pie. I need to know. That sounds like the worst most delicious thing you could put into your mouth-hole.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197217 on: March 15, 2022, 07:07:38 pm »

dun i already answered this

first you cook a pie

then you fry it

As with most sorts of frying like that, you probably want to freeze whatever you're frying before jamming it in the fryer, maybe add another layer of dough or whatever around it.

You can also do the less interesting fried pie recipes, which are basically just pie calzones. They ain't bad, tho'.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 07:31:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197218 on: March 15, 2022, 07:29:37 pm »

Drag, could you put some grill or grid over the chimeney to prevent birds for falling in? I mean sure Santa wont  be able to deliver you presents anymore but he'll probably will be shot down when flying over Ukraine this year, so.....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197219 on: March 15, 2022, 07:33:50 pm »

We plan on having that done but I'm not going up there to fulfill a 3/3 generations my family not learning the fear of heights.
let
Pages: 1 ... 13146 13147 [13148] 13149 13150 ... 13326