Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12343 12344 [12345] 12346 12347 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15890445 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #185160 on: April 19, 2018, 11:40:12 am »

I'm hooked on X3: Terran Conflict right now. One of my childhood games, by the way.

Anyone else plays it? I know there's a thread about Terran Conflict, but who else on the forums also plays it?
I used to play it. Moved on to Albion Prelude after a while; the extra ships and options were too tempting.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185161 on: April 19, 2018, 05:10:06 pm »

After a shitty week of not getting the big coding project done, I worked vigorously to get my CSS project finished.

By sheer determination, I managed to complete my project save for a few things I require the teacher to help me with that aren't mandatory but make things look better, and making it mobile friendly (which I'm working on now)

After all the bullshit, I at least can say this is something I'm proud of, although in its current state, its pretty... Bland... Mostly because I wanted to keep things professional and used as few images as I could so it doesn't take away from it or make me look narcissistic. I also lack a lot of content that I SHOULD have because of the breakdown on projects, but still, at least things are working and it looks pretty respectable.

My goal is when I'm done school is to get a Raspberry Pi, use it as a web server, and actually use this to showcase my work.

I'm one step closer to fulfilling my dream! ... Even though I may be out of school for 5 years...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185162 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »

I apparently got an A+ on both my Beowulf essay and the english course that prompted it, which is at least somewhat unexpected.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #185163 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:33 pm »

Fulk? Tolkien? Heaney?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185164 on: April 19, 2018, 08:10:32 pm »

I'm hooked on X3: Terran Conflict right now. One of my childhood games, by the way.

Anyone else plays it? I know there's a thread about Terran Conflict, but who else on the forums also plays it?
I still play it whenever the mood strikes me.  What I've been watching lately is X4, though that won't be for a while yet.  I didn't hate Rebirth as some did, but it never really captured my interest.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185165 on: April 19, 2018, 08:24:15 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #185166 on: April 20, 2018, 12:33:29 am »

I still play it whenever the mood strikes me.  What I've been watching lately is X4, though that won't be for a while yet.  I didn't hate Rebirth as some did, but it never really captured my interest.

I remember I got to try Rebirth for free during one of those free weekends... Probably the worst interface I've seen in games which try to have immersive UI. I "played" Rebirth for thirty minutes, then I got bored fighting against the interface which makes Dwarf Fortress' UI look like easy-to-memorize minimalist UI.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185167 on: April 20, 2018, 09:08:21 am »

Found the vaccines needed for muy son! Wozza!! Had to borrow" a car and drive the medical personnel to the city health and sanitation center so they would get the vaccines for the care module but it was worthy.

No, by "borrow" I don't mean I stole a car, it was the car my sister has borrowed from our mom (their car is still on the bodyshop being painted). She's mad at me because I had to drive them to the bank earlier but my son's health is a priority for me.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185168 on: April 20, 2018, 09:45:13 am »

Awesome! :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185169 on: April 20, 2018, 09:50:55 am »

Found the vaccines needed for muy son! Wozza!! Had to borrow" a car and drive the medical personnel to the city health and sanitation center so they would get the vaccines for the care module but it was worthy.

No, by "borrow" I don't mean I stole a car, it was the car my sister has borrowed from our mom (their car is still on the bodyshop being painted). She's mad at me because I had to drive them to the bank earlier but my son's health is a priority for me.

Vaccine for what? Yellowfever? I'd heard that's become a problem in Brazil due to shortages of the vaccine.

Anyways, how are you and your family doing? We haven't heard from you in a while what with the economic situation in Venezuela.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185170 on: April 20, 2018, 10:23:02 am »

Polio and pentavalent (5 vaccines in one). We are doing OK compared with most people. My in-laws are getting a harder time no in small part due my father in law passing he being the sustenance of that home and all.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185171 on: April 20, 2018, 11:24:36 am »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #185172 on: April 20, 2018, 11:52:17 am »

Vaccine for what? Yellowfever? I'd heard that's become a problem in Brazil due to shortages of the vaccine.

Nah we're cool. Plan is to have 95% of people at major population centers of the country vaccinated by may 30 2019.
The decision is supposed to have everyone vaccinated far faster than we make them, so dose fractioning has been allowed for the campaign. This move will allow us to inoculate our ~78 million target group without cutting hard in the strategic reserve. (Which is needed in case it infects other areas of the country).
Fractionated doses work for at least 8 years(maybe more, under research), but are not supposed to give life-long immunity, so some people are using the the private market to get full doses.
Private clinics are having a hard time getting them due to the incredibly high demand of the government(We are immunizing one of the largest countries on earth after all.)

Some wealthy people are freaking out and paying up 200-300 BRL to get one before the scheduled time for their area or group. The price is expected to rise to 500 BRL depending on area.
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185173 on: April 20, 2018, 01:46:22 pm »

Wouldn't be better to give lifetime immunity even if it takes 3 years or so to do it? Then is a matter of updating the growing population? I don't know much of that, just asking.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #185174 on: April 20, 2018, 05:10:56 pm »

People tend to seek short term solutions that make them look good now and say fuck it to whoever has to clean up their mess. So youre right that that would be the superior strategy in the long run, but whoevers in charge now doesnt give a rats ass about anything besides the impact on their public image in the short term, which will determine if they get elected in the next election.

I mean, just assuming brazilian politics is fundamentally as bullshit as american politics
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 12343 12344 [12345] 12346 12347 ... 13326