Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11915 11916 [11917] 11918 11919 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806385 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178740 on: December 10, 2016, 08:47:58 pm »

THIS IS SO AMAAAAAAZING~

That guy is an honorary dwarf. He made magma! He melted steel! He melted steel in his backyard!

(I'm totally going to do this when I grow up. How come nobody ever told me that I could melt steel?)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178741 on: December 10, 2016, 08:59:43 pm »

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A WHALE
Not on MY data plan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178742 on: December 10, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »

I might be able to download a small fish...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178743 on: December 10, 2016, 09:57:06 pm »

I could probably upload a salmon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178745 on: December 10, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »

I slept for 3 hours despite it being vacation time. Day 5.
But on the great side I feel energized (but really tired!) and had one of the best lucid dreams I've had in great clarity for quite a while that I struggled to type it out! :D
It involves being a nearly transparent spirit being able to explore at will, along with being able to inhabit and power machines and robots, and being friends with other people because of retaining consciousness throughout, while being really futuristic, and flying. And silly flying stunts with speed and sunlight and contrails and other nice things. \o/ Ghost in the machine~

Along with the note that all the machines had a Portal 2-esque feeling to them (Aperture style/sleekly designed, with a white, orange, and black color theme!)
And I can't type comprehensively because I'm still tired despite several days of rest.

I had my 18th cakeday the other day and forgot to post about it, so I am doing it now.

* IronTomato has ascended from babbyhood!
Happy Birthday! :D
I want to make that a game.  :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #178746 on: December 11, 2016, 01:30:34 am »

I slept for 3 hours despite it being vacation time. Day 5.
But on the great side I feel energized (but really tired!) and had one of the best lucid dreams I've had in great clarity for quite a while that I struggled to type it out! :D
It involves being a nearly transparent spirit being able to explore at will, along with being able to inhabit and power machines and robots, and being friends with other people because of retaining consciousness throughout, while being really futuristic, and flying. And silly flying stunts with speed and sunlight and contrails and other nice things. \o/ Ghost in the machine~

Along with the note that all the machines had a Portal 2-esque feeling to them (Aperture style/sleekly designed, with a white, orange, and black color theme!)
And I can't type comprehensively because I'm still tired despite several days of rest.

I had my 18th cakeday the other day and forgot to post about it, so I am doing it now.

* IronTomato has ascended from babbyhood!
Happy Birthday! :D
I want to make that a game.  :x

.___.
I dunno :P I've finished the draft 30 minutes (...1 hour) after being able to write it and now I'm just finding filler on how to describe it better now that it's all down. Though dreams to make nice inspiration material :3 Just remembering it and being happy that others taught me how to record/write down events like these for posterity is great!
I'm also very shy to post about it in the dream thread. Because I said silly things. :P

As an aside, a nice story popped up on my facebook feed and it became the start of me noticing...um, things like these which I don't have a word for in seeing other people from other countries say these about us from all over the world, here. x)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178747 on: December 11, 2016, 11:52:13 am »

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :3

Also hot cocoa with coffee in it. But mostly snow.

(Gotta get back to Day 2 of Ludum Dare now. Y'all have a good one!)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178748 on: December 11, 2016, 01:41:38 pm »

You can have all the fuckin snownyou want, all of it. Just take it. No refunds.

Our neighbor was up here with his huge pickup this morning, and was willing to pull our car out. Which is awesome, because the jeep's 4-wheel drive won't engage, and it can only just barely creep up the hill on its own, tires spinning wildly.

I also shovelled part of the driveway. Only like 1/3 of the lower half. Fucking soaked my boots but hopefully that helps with the lack of traction

I wanna go back to bed now but I need to go in to town instead :(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:44:09 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178749 on: December 11, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »

He made magma!

Lava. He made lava. Magma is below the earth's surface.
It becomes lava when it reaches the surface.
As a Dwarf, you should know your basic geology.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #178750 on: December 11, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »

An artist does not need to know the name of what he sketches to create the most wondrous beauty. So, too, the Dwarf does not need to use the correct terminology for molten rock in order to paint the world red.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178751 on: December 11, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

insulated waterproof boots are nice
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #178752 on: December 11, 2016, 03:12:20 pm »

insulated waterproof boots are nice

Put the trash out in my sneakers.

Not the best idea in 4 inches of snow.

Wearing shorts and a t-shirt didn't bother me though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #178753 on: December 11, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »

He made magma!

Lava. He made lava. Magma is below the earth's surface.
It becomes lava when it reaches the surface.
As a Dwarf, you should know your basic geology.
No no no, magma is a meteor after it lands. You can't really "make" it. And anything can be lava, so long as it's underground.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178754 on: December 11, 2016, 03:56:29 pm »

Unless the meteor lands on the pointy end of a stalagtite, of course.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 11915 11916 [11917] 11918 11919 ... 13325