Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11884 11885 [11886] 11887 11888 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805322 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178275 on: November 22, 2016, 08:58:12 pm »

Transparent clothes are a thing. I'm just saying.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178276 on: November 22, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »

Nah, transparent clothes are no fun. And I'm not talking about the lack of concealment!

From an Art and Aesthetics standpoint, one of the nice things about normal opaque clothing is that it simplifies your body shape. People tend to find simpler shapes with repeating patterns and unbroken lines/curves to be prettier, moreso than noisy, jaggy, complex shapes. Since people's bodies are naturally kinda "noisy" and complex-shaped like that, our clothes do a lot to simplify our silhouette, and make us look more aesthetically pleasing to the brains of the average other person.

</art>

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178278 on: November 22, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »

14 hours of sleep followed by the world's biggest latte

i love tuesdays

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178280 on: November 23, 2016, 12:11:19 am »

shouldn't've

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178281 on: November 23, 2016, 01:02:00 am »

The proper form is "how the fuck did you manage that", I believe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #178282 on: November 23, 2016, 01:44:54 am »

See, I was trying to carve some meat and goodies off a flesh earlier. And I saw a bloodsucker show up right near me. But I was facing it and I panicked and I ended up pressing altfire. Knife goes into bloodsucker face and he dies like a bitch. So next time I run into them I decide I'm gonna try it again. So I pull out my knife, goad him into running right at me and... Stab him in the face. He dies. THEN ANOTHER ONE comes out and I ninjastab it in the face.

My reflexes or aim improved at some point, I don't know which!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #178283 on: November 23, 2016, 03:14:13 am »

I was watching the new Pokemon Sun and Moon anime season thing, and liked Lillie so... New avatar get!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178284 on: November 23, 2016, 03:35:30 am »

I have been adopted by two extremely adorable kitten brothers, my boyfriend is Cute And Soft, and I'm probably gonna fail 2/5 of my courses.

Life is good. ... Well. Most of it is, anyway. The important shit is good.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178285 on: November 23, 2016, 03:50:19 am »

See, I was trying to carve some meat and goodies off a flesh earlier. And I saw a bloodsucker show up right near me. But I was facing it and I panicked and I ended up pressing altfire. Knife goes into bloodsucker face and he dies like a bitch. So next time I run into them I decide I'm gonna try it again. So I pull out my knife, goad him into running right at me and... Stab him in the face. He dies. THEN ANOTHER ONE comes out and I ninjastab it in the face.

Knifing bloodsuckers is actually a pretty legit technique, especially if you can see them coming from tracks in the water/sound/the ripples they make as they move.
I think it's actually so legit that one of the better published STALKER fanfics had a guy who used to close his eyes and just listen until it came close, and then stab the shit out of it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178286 on: November 23, 2016, 05:22:11 am »

Knifing bloodsuckers is actually a pretty legit technique, especially if you can see them coming from tracks in the water/sound/the ripples they make as they move.
I think it's actually so legit that one of the better published STALKER fanfics had a guy who used to close his eyes and just listen until it came close, and then stab the shit out of it.
I'm pretty sure I've actually read about it in a guide, that there was some kind of monster that was super-vulnerable to stabs. So yah.
._.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178287 on: November 23, 2016, 05:31:15 am »

I'm pretty sure I've actually read about it in a guide, that there was some kind of monster that was super-vulnerable to stabs. So yah.

APCs? I remember the knife in Shadow of Chernobyl was able to destroy any destructable object in a single backstab.

Might've been the controller. In the original they had a really weak melee attack or would try and backup rather than attacking you if you got within melee range.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178288 on: November 23, 2016, 06:29:15 am »

Made up working interceptors and  bombers for both player and enemy in spessgam, the feel of having your code work is helluva drug  :)

Well,  bombers will need to have some sort of extra scripting, so their pilots stop being maniacs dropping all the bombs on the first run and then ramming their bomber in enemy capitalships. 

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178289 on: November 23, 2016, 06:45:32 am »

Yea, the knife stab has always kind of been very powerful in the stalker series, though from my experience, I always though it to be kinda weaker in clear sky than in any other game.

I don't even know why the knife slash was kept in the game, since its so much weaker than the stab, though I guess STALKER needed a thing for players to use to break boxes repeately.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 11884 11885 [11886] 11887 11888 ... 13325