Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11781 11782 [11783] 11784 11785 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745330 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #176730 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48:33 pm »

Ten years and still no redemption.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #176731 on: October 14, 2016, 10:17:31 pm »

Oh god.

No.

I clicked on it.

I'm watching it. IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Stop me. Stop me!

its no use

or something i dont fucking know

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [*num*] Okuu eats all the eggs (Happy thread)
« Reply #176732 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

misko is blueballing redditors.
he seems to have put an actual explanation there now

it's pretty cool

my own contributions to DF research are vastly lesser in scale (and in fact consisted mostly of ripping off another one's research and just taking it a little bit further), though I'm still kind of proud-ish about them

all i've really ever done is work out, in detail, the nature of sexual orientation within dwarf fortress

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176733 on: October 14, 2016, 10:28:53 pm »

In fairness, that did put an end to Gay Chaos Week, in which the new update's orientation tag caused considerable strife on the Upper Forum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [*num*] Okuu eats all the eggs (Happy thread)
« Reply #176734 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:20 pm »

misko is blueballing redditors.
he seems to have put an actual explanation there now

it's pretty cool

my own contributions to DF research are vastly lesser in scale (and in fact consisted mostly of ripping off another one's research and just taking it a little bit further), though I'm still kind of proud-ish about them

all i've really ever done is work out, in detail, the nature of sexual orientation within dwarf fortress
Ooo, information on the loyalty cascade! :D I have always wondered on those subtle tags when I noticed it happening; hooray for that!
Also blueballing?

As an aside, hurrah for happy thread title activity. :D

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #176735 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:38 pm »

I'm so amazed that that managed to end up all the way back here, you have no idea. I didn't even realize I was blue-balling anyone. I just felt like sharing that I was proud of the moment when I did something cool and original, even if it was small. Didn't realize people would find the actual story of it interesting. It helps that my investigations involved subjecting my fortress to repeated spasms of violence, that's always fun to read about.

I remember back when I checked the wiki on the topic and realized that someone had incorporated what I had discovered onto the page. Now I feel the desire to go hunt down my original research.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:54:58 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176736 on: October 15, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

I dont think I ever contributed anything of great value. At least, nothing I'm capable of remembering.

I did recently determine the personality facets and values necessary to have no needs in adventure mode. Not exceptionally useful, and someone else probably already did it and posted about it and I just never saw it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176737 on: October 15, 2016, 12:36:25 am »

Pretty sure the only contribution I've made was the discovery that the social awareness stat made it easier to recruit followers. >.>

My Happy: very nearly didn't go out last night due to being wretchedly hungover (and terribly anxious as a result), but I did and it was actually surprisingly great. Caught up with a bunch of old friends, saw a couple of great bands, talked a lot, reinforced a bunch of friendships and probably made some new ones and had some amusingly stupid and/or stupidly amusing adventures on the way home.

Oh and I even managed to strike up a (albeit brief) conversation with an attractive stranger whilst not only sober, but hungover.
Yeah I was pretty pleased with myself am pretty much a god. And then after all that I finally got home and checked my bank balance and I didn't even spend my rent money which is something I was dreading! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176738 on: October 15, 2016, 12:38:46 am »

In fairness, that did put an end to Gay Chaos Week, in which the new update's orientation tag caused considerable strife on the Upper Forum.

no, that was toady revealing the exact nature of the raws

i figured out, in detail, how the game stores that information and how the game handles various facets of homosexual relationships

most of that was due to accident, I.E. i just happened to be testing out making men pregnant with other men and finding out that the game properly shows both parents, including the father who gave birth, as "father" in the child's relationship screen

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #176739 on: October 15, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »

My ear is no longer in excruciating pain! Yay!

(It's a long story why it hurt. As a diabetic, I'm more prone to foot problems. Also, my shoe size is increasing quickly. My shoes were too tight, I got an ingrown toenail, and my toe got infected. This was the case for a few months, as my responsibility level is extremely low. It was almost fixed, but then I went to diabetes camp where I couldn't treat it effectively, and I stepped in the river, which was very disgusting (damn agricultural runoff [I'm in the Midwest]). It got worse again, and I was put on antibiotics for a long time, until I finally underwent toe surgery (which can be summed up as: put a cold thing on my toe so it becomes numb, stab it four times with a needle so it can't feel anything, and then cut off part of my toenail), so my toe is now better. But now all of my beneficial bacteria are thrown off whack. My stomach is upset, but I remedy that with some yogurt. I can't rub yogurt in my ear, though, so the inner ear becomes infected and inflamed. This prevents the fluid in there from draining, so it is under significant pressure until it bursts/perforates/ruptures/whatever. This is very painful. With topical and pill antibiotics, as well as moderately-high doses of ibuprofen, I can go through the day and the problem is going away.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176740 on: October 15, 2016, 01:08:44 pm »

It was almost fixed, but then I went to diabetes camp where I couldn't treat it effectively
I find it sadly hilarious that you couldn't treat a symptom of your diabetes because you were at a diabetes camp.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #176741 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:01 pm »

It was almost fixed, but then I went to diabetes camp where I couldn't treat it effectively
I find it sadly hilarious that you couldn't treat a symptom of your diabetes because you were at a diabetes camp.

Phrases these days are seldom accurate. Take the phrase "Political leader", for instance.

I don't even need to say anything else, do I?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176742 on: October 15, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »

I climbed up on to the roof of my house to rivet some spinning vent thing back on that blew off during the hurricane.  I succeeded without falling to a gruesome splatter-y death below.

Ladders are the bane of my existence.  I don't know how roofers get on and off ladders onto a roof with such ease.  But I am happy to have that over with.  All the rest of the damage requires a professional to fix and is not time sensitive.

I have never heard of diabetes camp.  I assume it's like regular camp but with more insulin shots?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176743 on: October 15, 2016, 01:54:41 pm »

Today was a pretty nice day.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #176744 on: October 15, 2016, 01:58:33 pm »

I climbed up on to the roof of my house to rivet some spinning vent thing back on that blew off during the hurricane.  I succeeded without falling to a gruesome splatter-y death below.
Good to hear.

I have never heard of diabetes camp.  I assume it's like regular camp but with more insulin shots?
More than that. They know all the carbohydrates for all the food, most counselors are diabetic and all are trained to notice signs of hyper/hypoglycemia and treat it, etc.

The issue with the toe treatment was that it required warm, fresh, clean water to soak my toe in thrice every day, and... that's not really feasible on trail. I thought it would be fine, and it might have been if not for the disgusting river water getting on it. Those two together made it come back worse than ever.

Today was a pretty nice day.
Cool! Since I'm a Murrican, not one of you filthy Europeans :P, today's just begun, but it's seeming like a good day here too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:05:09 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 11781 11782 [11783] 11784 11785 ... 13325