Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11712 11713 [11714] 11715 11716 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788032 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #175695 on: September 17, 2016, 10:37:52 am »

*looks at people saying default is better*
*looks at contrast chart*

You really think so?
*boop* :P
It's subjective per person actually. :) Also contextual.
There's also other benefits, for example.
The DARKLING format makes text in spoilers be smaller. I'll make another pic of it.

Also do note: The Darkling format has some kind of post-color variation. So like, every other post has the same color of a shade of gray. :P My image above, since it's on the first post of the default page view, has a differing shade if viewed in Darkling from the background of my post.

Obviously these only work in any boards but the upper ones. :P
Edit:
I noticed my mistake in typing before I noticed it being also a not-mistake. The wording makes it seem the same for measurement :O
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:42:05 am by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175696 on: September 17, 2016, 10:38:47 am »

We already know this isn't a game you'll win.
Also purple is downright pleasant
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #175697 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:06 am »

You really think so?
If you've ever tried to read darkling on a phone, outside, then you'll know exactly the reason why I actually want high contrast on my forum pages. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175698 on: September 17, 2016, 10:43:07 am »

You really think so?
If you've ever tried to read darkling on a phone, outside, then you'll know exactly the reason why I actually want high contrast on my forum pages. :P
I have.  It normally works.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #175699 on: September 17, 2016, 11:01:48 am »

That contrast chart is interesting. Beige, white, and yellow are practically unreadable on Default, but blue, purple, and maroon are painful to look at on Darkling.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175700 on: September 17, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

Since we're sharing Origin Stories, I started when a friend of mine wanted to run a succession fort with me, involving building a green glass pyramid over a yawning lava pit. I think I did a very poor job, but I'm glad they introduced me to the game, and by extension this community. It's definitely one of my favorite places to hang out online. I love you guys, your general creativity and open-mindedness, and all the neat discussions and stuff y'all share.

10:48pm--a few minutes before posting this in my time (and somehow 3 minutes different from the hour in forum time :v) and it's the finish of our department Acquaintance Party [Psychology] that I think I talked about too much on the IRC (Lookin' at you, Solifuge and RangerCado :P). And I'm 4th year ._. So it's my finishing year!
We had an awesome bit of seeing off the graduating class and had some nice bonding with our younger years--along with our instructors (who have been a mix of field psychologists and masters graduates), and generally having a ":D" time.

Then came the dancing part. At the end of the party :v The part where I usually stay at the table because I can't dance. :^
A good friend of mine pulled me out of the table and she took me to the dance floor (with a lot of :P at my silliness of "NOOOOOOOO"), and she was happy to make a few jokes to liven up my mood! Along with calling me one of her trusted friends (and she's very happy at that). :'( So then I wished her and her bf a great night as well as the rest of my batch and the other younger years after a few bits of dance ._. (I can only do...uh, formal[?] dancing. Woo.)

Friends are awesome folks. :'( Now I'm thinking about everyone!

Nerrrrrrrd~

Seriously though, I'm glad you had a good time!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #175701 on: September 17, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »

Just left a fantastic performance of Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was excellent, and had a hair-raising performance of Close Every Door.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175702 on: September 17, 2016, 12:25:57 pm »

I think I remember the green glass pyramid in the megaprojects thread.
I think.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175703 on: September 17, 2016, 12:32:58 pm »

garblargalbrgalrbal

I ORDERED DICE. LOTS OF DICE. And a bag to hold them with. So if all goes well, i'll receive approximately one pound of dice from 'murica within the next month. Admittedly, this has also made me noticably poorer, but my brain rolled a 1 to resist temptation (with DC 26). :v
Wha di ye get?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #175704 on: September 17, 2016, 02:08:45 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/jX9Jk

I found this. It looks so great. :D

I was able to identify this as Fallout 4 by the 2nd image just by the style of textures, even though I've never played Fallout 4.

My origin story: 
My younger brother had been talking up Dwarf Fortress for a couple years already.  I think he played it way back even before z-levels, and hasn't touched it since.  But he was trying really hard to get me to play it back then.  And I promised to try it some day.

While working at Fedex Trade Networks doing data entry, I did lots and lots of idle browsing and foruming.  My main forum in my early days there was the GSC forums (developers of the Stalker series).  There was a guy there, Lord Santa, who started a thread imploring people to check out Dwarf Fortress.  So I started reading around about the game while at work, and stumbled across Boatmurdered, followed immediately after by Headshoots.

Boatmurdered was great, but Headshoots really sealed my interest by proving the game's qualities as an emergent storytelling device.  So I started playing, and using the forum as a resource to learn.  While bored at work, I started wandering into the lower boards, where I found an awesome community.  This place has been my main internet hangout for 6 years now.  No other has since drawn me in in any comparable way.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175705 on: September 17, 2016, 02:20:38 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/jX9Jk

I found this. It looks so great. :D

I was able to identify this as Fallout 4 by the 2nd image just by the style of textures, even though I've never played Fallout 4.
The sell was too vague so I never opened it.
Now I might. Maybe

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175706 on: September 17, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »

I was legitimately saddened when it was just a museum for Fallout 4 and not the series as a whole. Oh well, still a great build. 
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175707 on: September 17, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »

Well, I made up my mind, gonna go vote in the Duma elections tomorrow. This can be only very tenuously described as a happy, since the candidate list is a shitshow and I haven't even completely made up my mind on which of them I hate the least, but at least I resolved to get off my ass and be a nominally responsible citizen for a bit, which feels kinda nice.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #175708 on: September 17, 2016, 03:10:27 pm »

Wait, Russians vote? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175709 on: September 17, 2016, 03:16:38 pm »

For Putin.
Sure.
Pages: 1 ... 11712 11713 [11714] 11715 11716 ... 13325