Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11430 11431 [11432] 11433 11434 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15734669 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171465 on: May 02, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »

Leicester won the league, and I got to see grown men acting like angry children as a result.

Whenever I want to see that, I just take a look around in my debate class, at several of my fellow classmates.

Well, that's youths/teenagers acting like angry children, but eh, close enough.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171466 on: May 02, 2016, 06:28:31 pm »

We should make a meetups thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #171467 on: May 02, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »

Normally we just make a thread for whatever meetup is happening at the time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #171468 on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:14 pm »

Whenever I want to see that, I just take a look around in my debate class, at several of my fellow classmates.

Children acting like angry children seems not too out of place, especially in mass debating

Middle-aged footie fans with money on the line and beer on the mind = true entertainment

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #171469 on: May 02, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »

Children acting like angry children seems not too out of place, especially in mass debating

Middle-aged footie fans with money on the line and beer on the mind = true entertainment

I was referring to the players :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171470 on: May 02, 2016, 09:37:56 pm »

Huzzah!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #171472 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »

One of the reason why children shouldn't mass debate.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #171473 on: May 02, 2016, 10:06:22 pm »

"Youth Blindness Rates Skyrocket"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171474 on: May 02, 2016, 10:28:40 pm »

It rained lightly all day, with distant thunder.  This inspired me to get do some serious housecleaning and furniture rearrangement, and in general I feel really happy with myself today (:  I'm actually excited about my new workspace, I'll probably take pictures tomorrow when it's done and daylight...

This despite staying up waaay too late last night, shooting the breeze with friends.  Actually probably part of why I feel so good.  I'm having a lot of trouble staying awake right now, but totally worth it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #171475 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:52 am »

Epic Rap Battles of History is back!

J.R.R Tolkien vs George R.R Martin!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171476 on: May 03, 2016, 11:23:02 am »

I've spent all three days of my 3 days off riding my bike. With my new cycle computer, I have an odometer that tells me how far I've been riding.

On the first day I rode 14 miles, on the second 9 miles, and on the third 10 miles. I'm really trying to push myself hard. On the last stretch before I end my ride for the day, I'll sprint as fast as I can to see how fast I can go. Right now my fastest speed is 21 mph, but I was only able to maintain it for a few seconds. I'm hoping to be able to hit 30 mph before Summer is over, even if I just graze it for a second and then have to slow down, I want to push myself that hard.

I might need to buy... I don't know what the modern equivalent would be, but an Ipod or something to listen to music or the radio, since I mentioned before that I'm stuck in my trailer park and don't have a choice but to go up and down the same stretch of road over and over. It's a fairly long and smooth road that lets me pick up speed without needing to turn, but the unobstructed wind that flows over the nearby farmlands can get intense and forces me to slow down or burn myself out against it. One lap is very conveniently about 1 mile, so doing the mental math on how many laps I need to do is very easy. There's other roads, but they're slathered in cracks, crowns, bumps, and potholes, and obviously slows me down lest I wreck myself.

The ultimate goal is to lose some weight and reach something resembling fitness. The immediate and more pressing goal though is to try to keep up exercising, to not give up or give myself unwarranted breaks like I'm so prone to doing, to finally conquer the lazy piece of shit that's been me my entire life.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:26:59 am by JoshuaFH »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171477 on: May 03, 2016, 11:24:23 am »

Still an iPod, Joshua.

(Or any smartphone, really.)

Go you for fitnessing!
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171478 on: May 03, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171479 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:08 am »

Ipod Shuffle looks like $50 or so, I have no idea how.  I got a nice display-less mp3 player for less than $20 in 2008 or so.  It was about the size of a USB stick, never ran out of power, and used a simple USB interface to recharge and load mp3s (none of that ITunes malarkey).  And I think it was more like $10?  Even survived being in a sweaty cycling jersey for hours on end, outlived a few earbuds.

And that was in 2008 or so!  The same sort of thing is probably $5 now, or is available with a liquid crystal display.  Though yeah, I just use my old busted Droid 1.  Verizon didn't want it back when its 3G functionality started failing, so I just pulled the SIM card.  It's still a great mp3 player, and a tiny wireless tablet.  Being able to browse the music is much more convenient than the old no-display player was.

Yeah I could just use my new phone, but people with phones still buy tablets.  This "tablet" has amazing battery life, is very small and light, and I don't have to worry about breaking it.

Dawn of War III confirmed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
Whaaaat what what what! :D
... okay that trailer was pretty weird.  Loving the wraithbone though, and... the fight near the end.  Eeeeee~

Edit:  said "old phone" when I meant new
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:30:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 11430 11431 [11432] 11433 11434 ... 13325