Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11181 11182 [11183] 11184 11185 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760505 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167730 on: January 25, 2016, 04:27:51 pm »

It's also generally a very easy class. Because most people taking it already speak English, you see.
*flashbacks*
NOT THE ESSAYS
NOT AGAIN
AAAAA
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167731 on: January 25, 2016, 04:28:29 pm »

...Is the easiness just me, then?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167732 on: January 25, 2016, 04:31:53 pm »

It might be that I had the same teacher for freshman and junior year and that he was not very good at it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167733 on: January 25, 2016, 04:33:15 pm »

I thought it was easy, but then again I found most of high school easy except for math, even the honors/AP classes.

English class was just a lot of reading.  Sure there were plenty of essays, but most of them sounded the same after a while.  It was formulaic for the most part.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167734 on: January 25, 2016, 04:34:44 pm »

I hate essays of the form "Here is this book, now make some argument about it."  And I get rather a lot of those.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167735 on: January 25, 2016, 04:51:57 pm »

I couldn't stand high school English, for the most part.  Fricken 5-paragraph-essays.  History was a lot more fun but also difficult due to memorization.  I assume most high school studies are roughly balanced such that some people find the sciences (and math) harder, some people find the liberal arts harder.

Edit:  I did like reading, with certain exceptions.  But writing absurdly repetitive essays was the pits.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167736 on: January 25, 2016, 04:54:35 pm »

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167737 on: January 25, 2016, 04:56:08 pm »

Eh. Boring, but easy.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167738 on: January 25, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »

English class was easy simply because the essays were repetitive.  Do the same thing over and over and you can do it in your sleep.

I struggled with math a little until 11th grade, when I had a great math teacher.  Ended up taking the AP class for Calc 2 and aced it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167739 on: January 25, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »

I liked English essays because they were nothing but Faff. The largest amount of research you had to do was read a book, and then you just wanked onto a page until 3000 words stuck.

History and particularly Sciences suck, comparatively.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167740 on: January 25, 2016, 05:17:36 pm »

I liked English essays because they were nothing but Faff. The largest amount of research you had to do was read a book, and then you just wanked onto a page until 3000 words stuck.
I hated those types of essays the most. They required absolutely no thinking at all. With marxist professors I could write some contrapuntal crap the author had not even included in the book and still get the highest band mark, English lit under them was about analyzing the professor and not the book. I had only ever read one of the books I even wrote my essays on, the rest of the time it was shit like amazon reviews. The times where I actually got to do research under based teachers, ha! What joy. I still remember fondly how I walked into one of my Uni interviews with fuck all practice for it and just started talking about bees, mind you this was an English Lit course. Odd thing is bees have had a disproportionate relevance in my life, because the interviewer had a colleague who did her thesis on bees. Shot in the dark, a sting in the tale; give me an English essay without faff, the subject deserves more than creating eloquent accountants and suicidal burger king managers who are mere masters of the art of bullshit.

Point being if you write 3000 words on nothing at all what's the fucking point lol? One of my friends who went into art Uni emerged with shattered spirits because everything was vaginas, that's all they painted
And they weren't even good vaginas

History and particularly Sciences suck, comparatively.
History was basically shit law and they managed to make something as sexy as history boring. Which is quite hard honestly. Science, the passion of my loins. How could you hate it? It is science, everyone likes science, it does things all sciency.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167741 on: January 25, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »

Because it requires all of your opinions to be based off the work of previous, opinionated people.
You need 30 references, but 9 are referencing 1 and 20 are referencing the 9 to the point where you're referencing the same shit 30 times each with a slightly different variety of wank.

Or maybe I just really hate scholarly articles.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167742 on: January 25, 2016, 05:27:11 pm »

reeeeeeee you misogynist, every vagina is perfect

But yes, I would never want to go back to GCSE English Lit. Fuck that noise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #167743 on: January 25, 2016, 05:32:54 pm »

The greatest crime of all.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #167744 on: January 25, 2016, 05:37:58 pm »

I couldn't stand high school English, for the most part.  Fricken 5-paragraph-essays.
Yeah, up until you take like senior english (or an AP class). My first AP english class (which I took my junior year), literally started the whole year with "Do not write 5 paragraph essays in here; write the amount that the topic requires, not some formulaic stuff. Forget everything that they taught you before, now you get to learn the real way to write." :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 11181 11182 [11183] 11184 11185 ... 13325