Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10673 10674 [10675] 10676 10677 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751651 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160110 on: July 06, 2015, 09:43:09 pm »

Bought a Roomba for my parents. If it turns out good I might get one myself. I find it oddly appealing to have my whims catered to by robotic servitors
Did you get them the shark cat hat accessory as well?
That is the expression of a cat that knows exactly what is happening to it, and is resigned to its fate. "Well, I guess this is my life now. Cosplay appliance rodeo. I suppose it could be worse."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160111 on: July 06, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »

Bought a Roomba for my parents. If it turns out good I might get one myself. I find it oddly appealing to have my whims catered to by robotic servitors

If you do get a second one, you can have your very own shitty battle bots!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160112 on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »

Attach knives to them. TO WAAAARRRR
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #160113 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:30 pm »

Brutal Doom v20 is indeed glorious.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160114 on: July 07, 2015, 02:24:19 am »

Shadowrun Returns was very good at making me think, "Okay, we're almost done. Might as well finish this up before I go do something else." Then it was 2 AM and I'd thought that thought about 5 times.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160115 on: July 07, 2015, 02:45:19 am »

Well this is new to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVarcOINyaU

Its not as thrilling as finding out about goblin Christmas was, but its not bad at all.
Combined with the music and the latest devlog, it reminds me of an adventurer telling his story of the time he visited a Dwarf Fortress, back when he was a caravan guard.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160116 on: July 07, 2015, 02:50:22 am »

Well this is new to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVarcOINyaU

Its not as thrilling as finding out about goblin Christmas was, but its not bad at all.
Combined with the music and the latest devlog, it reminds me of an adventurer telling his story of the time he visited a Dwarf Fortress, back when he was a caravan guard.
Until he pulled an arrow out of his knee?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #160117 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:00 am »

Went to a really great open mic night today (or I guess it would be yesterday now), the most memorable bit being when one of the comics stripped down to his underwear as part of his routine (he had a partially excuse in that it had been raining and his clothes were wet). And I performed at the end and did pretty okay.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #160118 on: July 07, 2015, 04:39:16 am »

Shadowrun Returns was very good at making me think, "Okay, we're almost done. Might as well finish this up before I go do something else." Then it was 2 AM and I'd thought that thought about 5 times.
Now go play Dragonfall.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160119 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:22 am »

Went to a really great open mic night today (or I guess it would be yesterday now), the most memorable bit being when one of the comics stripped down to his underwear as part of his routine (he had a partially excuse in that it had been raining and his clothes were wet). And I performed at the end and did pretty okay.
But how did you one-up that performance? Did you take it all off, or what? :P (Seriously though, great to hear your performance went well!)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #160120 on: July 07, 2015, 04:48:13 am »

Epic Rap Battle of Philosophers! With a twist ending, nonetheless! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160121 on: July 07, 2015, 05:09:15 am »

Just loaded some new music onto my iPod. :D
This thing must be getting pretty full by now... I should check how much space it has left. The days of Garbage, Cat Stevens, Ned's Atomic Dustbin and all the other weird stuff that's accumulated on there over the years could be numbered. Well, I mean, I love some Cat Stevens songs. But some of 'em are pretty bad, and when they shuffle their way into my ears after one of my favourite tunes it can be pretty jarring, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #160122 on: July 07, 2015, 07:02:17 am »

I just rediscovered my most favorite trailer ever (sorry about the low quality), which was on a ton of VHS tapes that I had as a kid. No lie, this is the one trailer on VHS tapes that I would never skip over. I would probably watch more movies if more movie trailers were just balls-to-the-wall awesome like this, instead of the completely interchangeable generic marketing tactics that they use in film trailers nowadays.

If you saw this ad in the 90s and weren't pumped to watch some god damn Paramount films, then you are a dirty filthy liar.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160123 on: July 07, 2015, 09:02:44 am »

Winter and warm cinnamon cider.
Fireball whiskey got nothin' on this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160124 on: July 07, 2015, 10:05:43 am »

Cheddar Sausages! KREEEE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10673 10674 [10675] 10676 10677 ... 13325