Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10552 10553 [10554] 10555 10556 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15903363 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158295 on: June 02, 2015, 05:04:13 am »

12 hours of work led me to this

it works with any arbitrary unit with a family in dwarf fortress

it gives you the entire genealogy, even if said genealogy may be more than 2,000 individuals

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158296 on: June 02, 2015, 05:19:35 am »

Yes.

Now scrape every histfig in the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158297 on: June 02, 2015, 05:21:59 am »

i didn't mention that you can do that too? crap

anyway I omitted a very important thing to me, sexist/homophobic/speciesist-ass program would give me an error for this relationship

(all-female, Damara and Zahala are not in a relationship, but Zahala has had a child and Damara is the non-birth mother)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #158298 on: June 02, 2015, 06:35:16 am »

I think all genealogy software would tend to shit the bed on that one. Hell, even I'm having a hard time parsing it. What is a "non-birth mother" if not someone in a relationship with the birth mother (given that DF does not model adoption AFAIK)??

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158299 on: June 02, 2015, 06:39:25 am »

I'm pretty sure there's a more suitable thread for this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158300 on: June 02, 2015, 06:43:08 am »

I think all genealogy software would tend to shit the bed on that one. Hell, even I'm having a hard time parsing it. What is a "non-birth mother" if not someone in a relationship with the birth mother (given that DF does not model adoption AFAIK)??
Putnam's Fortbent mod has a feature where you can force a birth, manually selecting the parents. And it is not at all affected by relationships. So the genetic parent of the child could be someone completely different.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #158301 on: June 02, 2015, 06:48:24 am »

I'm pretty sure there's a more suitable thread for this.
There's an anime thread too, doesn't stop people from spamming three full pages of waifu crap in here. Its a tiny derail, it'll be fine.

Putnam's Fortbent mod has a feature where you can force a birth, manually selecting the parents. And it is not at all affected by relationships. So the genetic parent of the child could be someone completely different.

Ahhhh gotcha. Yeah, that's going to be kind of impossible to track with any traditional genealogical notation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158302 on: June 02, 2015, 07:16:55 am »

Nahwait, we're tracking genealogy, not parental relationships. In real life, if I want to check for predisposition to genetic conditions/whatever, I'm interested in people's birth parents.
However, if it's a family history thing, I'd probably be interested in both. Unless the individual in question never knew the birth parent, because then who cares.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158304 on: June 02, 2015, 09:02:31 am »

Nahwait, we're tracking genealogy, not parental relationships. In real life, if I want to check for predisposition to genetic conditions/whatever, I'm interested in people's birth parents.
However, if it's a family history thing, I'd probably be interested in both. Unless the individual in question never knew the birth parent, because then who cares.
Usually in the case that birth and ordinary parents don't fully agree, it's not a public piece of info. Nobody* likes to be cuckolded.

*Well, except for fetishists, but that goes without saying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158305 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:24 am »

A-adoption is... a thing, you know. It exists. Uhm.

Edit: So do surrogates!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158306 on: June 02, 2015, 09:25:28 am »

DF has neither if the above is anything to go by though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158307 on: June 02, 2015, 09:26:48 am »

A-adoption is... a thing, you know. It exists. Uhm.

Edit: So do surrogates!
But it's significantly less common than a dad raising a child that's not his own. 33% percent* of fathers are raising children that aren't theirs.

*A statistic from a Dr. House episode. May not be fully accurate.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158308 on: June 02, 2015, 09:50:48 am »

See, now I'm confused.

Are we talking now about genetics and familial relationships in the game, or reality?
Cuz the game still lacks adoption mechanics, and theres no technology or magic for artificial insemination to force a childbirth from a homosexual, interspecies or sterilized couple. Excepting dfhack, but that's dfhack, it can do whatever, and the game can just shit itself over every little detail of what you hacked in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158309 on: June 02, 2015, 09:53:57 am »

DF also lacks cuckoldry.

I think? :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 10552 10553 [10554] 10555 10556 ... 13327