Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10426 10427 [10428] 10429 10430 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773036 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

1burrito1second challenge: the ultimate food test.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Oh my goodness, a Mexican restaurant chain is starting their 'big burrito' challenge today...
Basically you pay $20, they serve you a huge 1kg burrito, and if you finish it in one sitting you get a luchador mask.
I need to get the nerve up to attempt it. I'll have to fast for a couple of days.

Fun fact: I typo'd that as "finish it in one second."

I would demolish that shit.  Why can't any restaurants near me offer shallow incentives to over-eat?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Because you live in America. Companies here don't need incentives to get people to overeat.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I just found the most epic /tg/ greentext ever: LARP guy, or the Saga of Ulcik. Apparently this story never really got public outside of /tg/ (because it's quite long), and only the first part was ever screencapped, so even if you think you read it already, you might want to check out the rest, because it's even longer and gets even better.

That's the probably-fake one about the average-joe who ended up LARPing at the super-crazy Arthurian-obsessed rich-people LARP to decide who the eldest daughter would marry, right? The one where the protagonist teamed up with the tomgirl younger daughter to try and stop her brothers from choosing her sister's husband, and the two ended up winning together and crushing on each other?

'cause that's one of the best bits of storytelling come out of /tg/ in a long time, yeah. Thought I recognized the OP image.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Greentext stories are possibly the most compelling reason to read 'chans for anyone not into monstergirls with unnatural sexual characteristics.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

This topic compelled me to reread Old Man Henderson.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

This topic compelled me to reread Old Man Henderson.
Pah, Boxcar Joe The Magic Hobo is the one and only tabletop story to reminisce over.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Part I of Ulcik was really good, but Part II looks like waffle in comparison, and some of the idioms / phrases used seem off. I think they're written by different people. Apart from a slight difference in language, Part II is too tied up in referencing stuff from the first part, almost slavishly so, e.g. reiterating that the character has all the same stats and gear from last time, rather than adding any new spins on things. This makes me think it's another author trying too hard to tie it in.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:23:14 am by Reelya »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

That's the probably-fake one about the average-joe who ended up LARPing at the super-crazy Arthurian-obsessed rich-people LARP to decide who the eldest daughter would marry, right? The one where the protagonist teamed up with the tomgirl younger daughter to try and stop her brothers from choosing her sister's husband, and the two ended up winning together and crushing on each other?
Erm no, not at all.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile

'cause that's one of the best bits of storytelling come out of /tg/ in a long time, yeah. Thought I recognized the OP image.

Okay, I would really like to read this one.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

IT'S STORMING OUTSIDE

YAY
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Age of Wonders III...

I think it manages an amazingly good balance between "new" and "tradition".

I mean the game in many ways is clearly divergent from the old AoW games. There are more similarities in the gameplay between Shadow Magic and AoW1 than between either and 3. This is not a bad thing and in fact it's pretty good. There's a lot of customization, and it'd have been a damn shame to do otherwise. Change is good.

And yet...
somehow they manage this change while keeping alive the style of 1. The soundtrack, the visuals... :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Erm no, not at all.
Ah, I was wrong.

Okay, I would really like to read this one.
Enjoy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The one where the protagonist teamed up with the tomgirl younger daughter to try and stop her brothers from choosing her sister's husband, and the two ended up winning together and crushing  each other?

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The cover (click to show/hide)
If I get the script right, it says "Lieblingsgeschichten" which is like..."favorite stories"? "Love stories"? No idea.
'Favourite stories' yeah.
The dedication says "To dear daughter Katia, from father and mother. 1899, April 23rd." I have no relatives named Katia in that time period...I think. Might have to check with my grandmother. I think there's also an advertisement for Robinson Crusoe... I think that's an advertisement, anyway.
Yeah, advertisement for two versions of Robinson Crusoe, for three Marks and one Mark twenty, respectively.
Spoiler: The title page (click to show/hide)
'Favourite stories / Stories for well-behaved children ages eight to twelve / By Franz Wiedemann / The sixth edition of the "Twentyfive favourite chapters" / With six pictures in color print / Leipzig, Alfred Dehmigke's publishing house'
Spoiler: Probably the foreword (click to show/hide)
'Dedication'
'Be greeted by God [Fairly common old-timey German greeting] / all you dear aunts and [old-timey word for] cousins [both in diminuitive], all you [various first names, all in diminuitive], and however else you may be called, in all the German lands around. And now, here is the book that I had promised you and for which the illustrator has painted such wonderful pictures. Go ahead and read it, but pay attention when something comes along that should be remembered. And I think there's this and that occurring in this book which you should keep in mind. [Literally: at which you can put a thought-line into your heart.] But still I've taken care that all in all you won't find in here too many sour things which would force your faces to become strongly earnest; on the contrary that you can every now and then smile, or laugh if you like, at what you read, which I hope you won't take offense at. [Only a German story book could include a warning about possible enjoyment and a preemptive apology for it, I think.]
And so read and tell each other stories from this book, and if you like it, it will be very cruelly [yes, that's what's written there] dear to
Your
old Uncle'

'The Chapter before the first one / In which the book takes its beginning'
I won't translate this word-for-word, since I have a hard time reading the script and the whole thing's rather long and uninteresting, but I'll give you the gist: The old uncle from the page before emphasizes that punctuality is vital, and that he learned to be punctual during his soldiering days. He then goes on a bit about how he's an old man and needs the proper warmth and lighting for telling stories, and his old friend the tobacco pipe, which he has a girl in his audience fetch. And I think - the page ends about here - that he then tells the children not to interrupt him during his storytelling.
It's a framing device basically.

I can't read the big title, but the text in the box below that says 'The heroes of the German wandering/trekking/hiking-times'. I've no idea who they might be.

All in all it seems like a fairly standard children's book to me, but judging by the language it's fairly old. Nobody would talk like that nowadays.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 10426 10427 [10428] 10429 10430 ... 13325