Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10121 10122 [10123] 10124 10125 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779445 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #151830 on: February 04, 2015, 01:16:50 pm »

Vector, you're great and you stay in touch. I'd insert the rest of the heartfelt goodbye but I'm secretly hoping you'll be back but sad cause that might imply I'm wishing bad things, but then also confused that "the forum" could be a bad thing, especially since I'm here a lot. Self reflection, I avoid it. Anyhow I like you and you're great. Once more, you rock.

As for happy, the fact that they printed this:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20051_7-horrifying-things-you-learn-as-lawyer-americas-poor.html

I never worked for legal aid, but yes. I have had the crazies say the admiralty flag thingy. It did not go well for them.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151831 on: February 04, 2015, 01:36:13 pm »

Well. I seem to be leaving again, in a sense.

I'm not going to be around as much anymore outside of the Flight of the Twelve Behemoths and Book Club threads (and occasional posts about creative projects), because I'm trying to build a happier life for myself offline and spend more time creating and learning, less time consuming, and all that jazz. I really just can't maintain the intensity of my involvement here and do the things I want to do with my time, and I've come to see that the frequency of my posting is destroying my ability to write well. At some point, I stopped cultivating deliberation. Frankly, even writing this very carefully, I feel like my message is being distorted through stylistic exigencies. I've spent most of the evening going through my tumblr and twitter, deleting stuff, unfollowing people. The aesthetic of transience is wonderful, but I don't think its practice through the internet is very good for me.

Still: Y'all have been great. Thanks for the years, and years, and years of happy memories.

(As a footnote, I don't seem to have PTSD anymore. For those of you who have been considering going into therapy, I had an extremely poor experience in the first place that resulted in a. A highly unethical asperger's diagnosis by an unlicensed practitioner and b. Nearly being medicated for depression before anyone bothered to try figuring out why I was depressed. If your therapist isn't working for you, go and get a new one--but if you've been thinking about therapy, there's probably a reason for that. Find someone who understands you. Stick to it. When it works, it's worth it.)
Good on ya. Don't be a complete stranger. *Internet hug*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151832 on: February 04, 2015, 01:38:43 pm »

Truean:
I actually just finished reading this and was going to post it so you could see. Glad you found it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #151833 on: February 04, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »

I half-expected that you wrote it, Truean. >_______>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #151834 on: February 04, 2015, 01:49:10 pm »

Bye Vector :c
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151836 on: February 04, 2015, 02:02:54 pm »

I'm not going to be around as much anymore outside of the Flight of the Twelve Behemoths and Book Club threads (and occasional posts about creative projects), because I'm trying to build a happier life for myself offline and spend more time creating and learning, less time consuming, and all that jazz. I really just can't maintain the intensity of my involvement here and do the things I want to do with my time, and I've come to see that the frequency of my posting is destroying my ability to write well. At some point, I stopped cultivating deliberation. Frankly, even writing this very carefully, I feel like my message is being distorted through stylistic exigencies. I've spent most of the evening going through my tumblr and twitter, deleting stuff, unfollowing people. The aesthetic of transience is wonderful, but I don't think its practice through the internet is very good for me.

Still: Y'all have been great. Thanks for the years, and years, and years of happy memories.

(As a footnote, I don't seem to have PTSD anymore. For those of you who have been considering going into therapy, I had an extremely poor experience in the first place that resulted in a. A highly unethical asperger's diagnosis by an unlicensed practitioner and b. Nearly being medicated for depression before anyone bothered to try figuring out why I was depressed. If your therapist isn't working for you, go and get a new one--but if you've been thinking about therapy, there's probably a reason for that. Find someone who understands you. Stick to it. When it works, it's worth it.)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #151837 on: February 04, 2015, 02:54:36 pm »

-snip-
It's sad to see you go, since you're one of those people whose been part of this forum for as long as I remember. over the years, your posts have taught me a lot about feminism and what it's like to be a woman in the modern world, you've exposed this forum to French classics (which we then proceeded to MST3K the shit out of), and it's just generally been good to know such an awesome person as you exists. I'm sure you'll go on to do bigger and better things. Or, maybe smaller and humbler things; don't let anyone tell you what sort of life you should live, including me, in this sentence.

And I'll second you on the value of a good therapist. Mine helped me get through a lot of problems I had growing up, and I probably would be farther along if I had listened to more of her advice sooner. But the progress I did make was because she understood me so well.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151838 on: February 04, 2015, 03:01:57 pm »

@Vector

Baaaaai. Live a happy life! Probably been said in much more detail though :P

Anyways, my happy for today?

I'll let my steamchat self talk :P

Quote from: Yaaaaay happy :3
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: haaai
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: i got the sims 2 working
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: as in
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: no shadow glitches
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: aaaaand no graphic tearing
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: yaaaay
2:55 PM - Iceblaster: *screen tearing

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:15:19 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151840 on: February 04, 2015, 03:09:18 pm »

Good on ya. Don't be a complete stranger. *Internet hug*
Wait....who's going to be my Sims nemesis now??  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #151841 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »

I haven't interacted with you much Vector, but heartfelt good wishes from the other side of the oceans. May things always improve for you!

Concert this evening. Messed up the first show, but absolutely nailed the second.

Plus, taped glow sticks onto some friends so they could dance in the dark. It was absolutely incredible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #151842 on: February 04, 2015, 03:40:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:17:38 am by penguinofhonor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151843 on: February 04, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »

Goodbye and good luck, Vector. Live long, happily, with lots of love and laughter. Adios! c:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #151844 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »

G'bye, Vector.

Alas, poor Vector! I knew her, Horatio...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10121 10122 [10123] 10124 10125 ... 13325