Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9570 9571 [9572] 9573 9574 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786543 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #143565 on: October 20, 2014, 09:50:43 am »

There are debit cards that aren't visa or Mastercard?
American Express? That's the only other one I can think of personally.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #143566 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:24 am »

A petulant teenager that somehow thinks that they are in charge of the world and have to keep everyone else away from eachother's throats, gets really really pissed off at the slightest provocation, always carries around an arsenal that would make Burt Gummer proud, and thinks that if you shred a credit card after you go over the limit you don't have to pay the money back.

Oh I forgot the split personality and petrol addiction.
So a regular ordinary petulant teenager, then.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143567 on: October 20, 2014, 10:18:54 am »

Our cat came back really late in the evening.

that's awesome
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #143568 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:41 am »

Do they actually make debit cards, though? Credit cards, certainly. I'm not aware of banks that do Amex debit cards, though.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143569 on: October 20, 2014, 10:26:17 am »

Do they actually make debit cards, though? Credit cards, certainly. I'm not aware of banks that do Amex debit cards, though.
Oh wait, I read that as credit cards. Aren't most debit cards just bank specific, unless they're the debit/credit hybrid card thingys?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #143570 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:39 am »

Mine is Maestro.

Which is owned by MasterCard, so it's probably the same thing?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143571 on: October 20, 2014, 10:34:05 am »

Oh wait, I read that as credit cards. Aren't most debit cards just bank specific, unless they're the debit/credit hybrid card thingys?

The money part is bank specific, but the payment interface is still through one of the card companies. Mine's a Visa.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143572 on: October 20, 2014, 10:39:22 am »

Interac.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143573 on: October 20, 2014, 10:49:38 am »

just got grade report card

Independent study science: A
English 3: A
Pre-calculus: B
World History: A
JROTC: A
Astronomy: A
Duel credit algebra: B-
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143574 on: October 20, 2014, 11:05:21 am »

Interac.
Ohhhh ya, I think most of the banks up here use Interac, never really thought of it any other way actually. Interac isn't a credit card company, so that's why I didn't draw the connection. You crazy Americans you.

EDIT: Oh right, I came here with a genuine happy this time. I have resolved to be less grumpy and judgmental. I used to be rather happy and carefree but over the past however many years I've slowly descended in to a state of general grumpiness mixed with becoming more judgmental of others (in essence, I'm a stick and a rocking chair on the front porch short of chasing kids off my lawn). It occurred to me that this is more work than it's worth, and am working to actively be a better person. yay!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:09:29 am by timferius »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143575 on: October 20, 2014, 11:08:46 am »

My bank has Amex and Mastercard debit cards. I have Mastercard, and my friend has Amex. He has to chose debit when paying online, and I have to chose credit.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143576 on: October 20, 2014, 11:51:27 am »

Today we had the pleasure the most awesome professor ever.

This guy is a giant, bald, scary looking guy who's actually so god damn laid back and fun that the contrast isn't even funny anymore. He's 40 years old and has turned down three doctorate offers to date simply because he likes what he's doing right now and really sees no reason to go beyond that. And he likes teaching in a very cool manner, we're not his students, we're his collegues.

Also good grades until proven otherwise by us, accessibility whenever and wherever, and the fact that he actually tries (and succeeds pretty nicely at) to remember each and every one of us.

Seriously, he's so awesome I've been grinning the entire lecture and then some afterwards, we even fucking bragged about having him. I just wish I'd had someone like this way back in elementary/highschool to inspire me to actually try my best sometimes.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143577 on: October 20, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

Seeing my bird eat a corn chip is fun :3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #143578 on: October 20, 2014, 01:54:12 pm »

Seeing my bird eat a corn chip is fun :3

Birds are the best. For some reason I actually usually like them more than humans, despite the fact that the main exposure I have to them is my neurotic and vindictive mini macaw. My two budgies are adorable and crazy and I love them.

And in other happiness, I seem to have achieved everything that was on the spec for this program. I sleep tonight!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143579 on: October 20, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

Yesterday I concluded my second date with the girl I told you guys about, went very well. Surprisingly well. I'm really happy with it.

We went to friggin' Arby's of all places. It was an on-the-fly decision, but it gets things off to a good start. Then we actually do go to the movies, to see that new Dracula movie. (Short review: This vampire survives off the hamminess of his own acting instead of blood.) and the theater is this nice environment to just relax. The armrests flip up so I could put my arm around her comfortably, it was nice.

We go back to her place, and things lead to alot of kissing and holding eachother. It became alot more intimate than I was honestly prepared for. Things we still really fun tho. After awhile of bonding like this, I just let myself out before I overstayed my welcome, though she was glad to let me go with some goodbye kisses :)

I still need to make another plan to see her again, and I'm really happy with how things turned out.

This is where my gut reflex kicks in to tell me that bad things are coming, because as my romantic history is glad to remind me, this is where my good fortune has a habit of reversing and cannibalizing itself. Just hoping this is where things change, instead of history just repeating itself ad infinitum in order to maintain the status quo of me as a lonely loser.
Pages: 1 ... 9570 9571 [9572] 9573 9574 ... 13325