Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9511 9512 [9513] 9514 9515 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15725500 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142680 on: October 08, 2014, 12:01:44 pm »

I didn't know it was anything but a normal term, but I game with a bunch of auzzies

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142681 on: October 08, 2014, 12:02:09 pm »

Does anyone else use "Fluff" as a coloquialism for the background lore of a game?
'Cos urbandictionary and wiktionary don't have it- I'm wonding if it's Australia exclusive.
I know I've used it and see it used multiple times. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142682 on: October 08, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »

Does anyone else use "Fluff" as a coloquialism for the background lore of a game?
'Cos urbandictionary and wiktionary don't have it- I'm wonding if it's Australia exclusive.
Texan here, we use Fluff pretty often for the "padding" of a game/story.  Or at least our town anyway.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142683 on: October 08, 2014, 12:06:04 pm »

Fluff is used widely when talking about Warhammer/Warhammer 40k. That's where I've heard/used the term many many times. I'm Canadian by the way.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #142684 on: October 08, 2014, 12:16:40 pm »

I'm Canadian by the way.
Oh, another guy to bully! Is your house powered by a moose in a hamster wheel lubricated with maple syrup?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142685 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:51 pm »

I'm Canadian by the way.
Oh, another guy to bully! Is your house powered by a moose in a hamster wheel lubricated with maple syrup?
Maple syrup is pretty much the opposite of lubricant. :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #142686 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »

It's pretty common, especially as fanspeak in regards to pen and paper RPGs I'm positive it's common Anglosphere-wide.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142687 on: October 08, 2014, 12:25:41 pm »

It's pretty common, especially as fanspeak in regards to pen and paper RPGs I'm positive it's common Anglosphere-wide.
^^

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142688 on: October 08, 2014, 12:25:55 pm »

It's powered entirely by politeness.

And yeah, after a bit of more specific googling I found it on Wikipedia.
Thanks all, for helping me through my crisis of vocabulary.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142689 on: October 08, 2014, 12:29:38 pm »

I'm Canadian by the way.
Hamsters couldn't handle the cold up here. I do ride a moose in to work. And I bathe in maple syrup at night to keep me warm, it surrounds me like a cocoon.
On the serious stereotype side, I do tend to apologize too much (sorry for apologizing too much by the way), and I think I'm a rather nice person. Also, I love maple syrup, and poutine, I use "eh" a lot in casual conversation, eh? I've met a Mounty on horseback, seen many beavers/beaver dams. Hmm. Anything I miss? Oh, I've watched and quite enjoyed a lumberjack competition (watching a man hurl a full sized axe and hit a target is quite impressive).

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142690 on: October 08, 2014, 12:40:01 pm »

I'm Canadian by the way.
Hamsters couldn't handle the cold up here. I do ride a moose in to work. And I bathe in maple syrup at night to keep me warm, it surrounds me like a cocoon.
On the serious stereotype side, I do tend to apologize too much (sorry for apologizing too much by the way), and I think I'm a rather nice person. Also, I love maple syrup, and poutine, I use "eh" a lot in casual conversation, eh? I've met a Mounty on horseback, seen many beavers/beaver dams. Hmm. Anything I miss? Oh, I've watched and quite enjoyed a lumberjack competition (watching a man hurl a full sized axe and hit a target is quite impressive).
That not only sounds dangerous as all hell, but an impressive feat of strength and dexterity.

... When's it coming to the Olympics?  (Also that doesn't sound grammatically correct but I don't know how to fix it without nuking the entire sentence)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142691 on: October 08, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

Poutine is like someone took all of the "greasy" out of the cornucopia and gave it to Canada.

This is not an insult.

Poutine is divine
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.